Debt Rattle Aug 22 2014: Janet Yellen is an Insult to Americans

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Aug 22 2014: Janet Yellen is an Insult to Americans

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Dorothea Lange Siler City, North Carolina Jul 1939 If you’re a girl and you’re old and you’re grey and you’re the size of a hobbit, who’s going to get
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Aug 22 2014: Janet Yellen is an Insult to Americans]

Nassim
    Participant

Congratulation on being on the “front-cover” of Zero Hedge. I usually start my day – in Australia – with emails then ZeroHedge, FT, AE, theAge, Weatherzone and so on.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

So, but of course, the problem is in measurement. Maybe the Fed should go on the metric system so it can sell us liters for the same price as gallons?

Of hobbits and garden gnomes,,,I’ll never look at yard slob art the same!

Who is to be the pink flamingo?

Ha! Garden gnomes, indeed! Love it!

Ken Barrows
    Participant

As time passes, the Federal Reserve will appear to be comedy. It is an institution claiming to create wealth but failing to realize that just about all members of society don’t create wealth. Rather we take and take some more. FR will continue to talk about productivity but fail to realize that if the economy were really productive, total debt wouldn’t skyrocket. Let’s have a good laugh.

Raleigh
    Participant

Ilargi – “The Fed and Wall Street and Washington and all the media that are supposed to inform you but in reality promote only their propaganda, have got an iron grip on how the picture is painted.”

Unlike the elderly Spanish woman in the following video who at least tried, but failed terribly because she did not have the expertise…..

…..our painters are failing miserably “on purpose”. And they get away with it because, as with law or medicine, people don’t understand the lingo. You could say something stupid like, “Well, the crisis occurred because the derivatives didn’t come back, and rehypothecation hypothecated, and here we are,” and most people would swallow that you know what you’re talking about. It sounds legit. You can get away with blue murder when you bamboozle.

Our painters are experts – experts at lying. I don’t for one minute think that they don’t know what they’re doing, that they’re just “getting it wrong,” making foolish mistakes. No, what they are doing is intentional. And all central bankers are in on it. Jackson Hole is all about getting their stories straight and figuring out who’s going to QE next – or not.

Raleigh
    Participant

August 22, 2014 – “DUBLIN—The remains of a man who died after he recently returned from Africa have proved negative for the Ebola virus, health officials said Friday.”

https://online.wsj.com/articles/ebola-virus-firsts-suspected-case-in-ireland-1408703882

Raleigh
    Participant

“Regardless of your age, there is no better time than the present to start saving for your retirement. The key to a successful retirement is to save early and aggressively.” Other recent research confirms that many people aren’t saving enough for their golden years.”

What a laugh! How are people supposed to save when they don’t have disposable income? And even if they can save, the Fed just inflates it away, or, as Karl Denninger likes to call it, counterfeits. It’s good advice, used to be the norm, but people are being torn in half – save, or consume in order to stay with the pack.

Out of necessity, because they can’t afford it, they are not consuming. Hopefully this respite will allow them to see that they don’t need “more”. As the herd turns and starts to save more and consume less, prices will come down so that the young can have a chance at life.

One of the worst things that happened was allowing your retirement funds to be caught up in the stock market or managed by someone other than yourself. Save for your own retirement; you have your best interest at heart.

Raleigh
    Participant

“If you follow pipeline politics, there was a development last week that will blow your socks off. In a nutshell: Iran sold out and switched over to the dark side. Don’t believe me? Take a look at this from World Bulletin:

‘As the Ukraine crisis puts Russia and Europe at odds, leaving Europe with no choice but to search for alternative natural gas resources, Iran looks likely to fulfill Europe’s demand. Iran’s deputy oil minister Ali Mejidi has indicated that the Nabucco Project, which was presented as an alternative to Russian gas with the potential of fulfilling a large proportion of Europe’s need before being put on hold last year, is now back on track.

Speaking to Russian press, Mejidi confirmed that two separate delegations were sent to Europe. “With Nabucco, Iran can provide Europe with gas. We are the best alternative to Russia,” he said.’ […]

Iran’s fictional “nuclear program” had nothing to do easing sanctions. The whole thing is a red herring. The nuclear program is just a stick the US uses to beat up Tehran whenever they get the urge. Here’s what’s really happened: Washington agreed to ease up on the sanctions if Iran caved in on the gas deal, which it did. Now the US-backed Nabucco pipeline is back in business, while Russia’s South Stream is on the rocks.

You got to admit: US really knows how to play smash-mouth politics when it has to.”

Did Iran Just Knife Putin in the Back?

Variable81
    Participant

Oh noes…

Ilargi, you’ve been ZeroHedged…

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-22/janet-yellen-insult-americans

How can an Automatic Earth article be featured on ZH?
    I go there for my daily dose of hyperinflation fear mongering, “buy gold” advice, over-the-top statements and dark humour… not for sensible big-picture analysis (which I come here for).

To quote the great George Costanza…. “worlds are colliding!”

Cheers,
    GBV

rapier
    Participant

Zero Hedge has no editorial policy or if they do it could be described as, whatever it is I’m against it.

As long as it is against anyone with institutional power government, corporate, whatever. So AE certainly fits the bill.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.