Debt Rattle Aug 4 2014: Debt and Energy, Shale and the Arctic

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Aug 4 2014: Debt and Energy, Shale and the Arctic

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jack Delano Migratory farm worker from Florida in her Sunday clothes July 1940 I know I’ve talked about it more than once lately, but at least for now
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Aug 4 2014: Debt and Energy, Shale and the Arctic]

Gravity
    Participant

The existence of logic is (ontologically) prior to the existence of energy.
    Whereas energy cannot be caused or created by any energetic process,
    therefore a qualitatively singular non-energetic logical process necessarily exists, being the quantified cause of energy (in every possible universe), of which the (most energetically ideal) cosmogenic constant must at least yield [0 ≠ 0] and must also yield a gravity-based geometric progression as integral paradox, which real existence may only be adequately inferred from itself.

Gravity is the first and final algorithm.

Come to think of it, what’s the use of energy in the absence of gravity? I don’t mean I want you to go, you fine first and final algorithm, I was just wondering if maybe without gravity we’d male less of a mess of things. In a purely hypothetical way, for entertainment purposes only, you know the drill.

desertrat
    Participant

<repost from Fri>

Say, anyone notice ASPO seems pretty invested in the MH-17 party line? i.e. …”Moscow’s continuing efforts to destabilize Ukraine and its lack of candor about its involvement in the shoot down of the Malaysian airliner.”…”To counter this assault Moscow has undertaken a major buildup in military equipment along its border with Ukraine”…

I find this rather interesting for an outfit peddling critical thinking with regards to peak oil…

Desert

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Ilargi,
    Sorry if I missed your meaning, but unless your objective is to literally leave Earth behind forever, I think friction would be the primary impediment requiring energy to overcome. Without friction, one could glide around almost endlessly without an energy input. It would be hard to get going, hard to turn, and probably quite painful to come to a stop, though.

sprocketsanjay
    Participant

The other side of the argument. But not very convincing for me.

Three Nails in the Coffin of Peak Oil

desertrat: gee, ASPO still exists? Is Sharon still on the board? Haben’t talked to her in forever.

sprocket: funny, Euan and I write regularly. The article’s a year old. Wonder if he still feels the same. I think everyone should revise their views on shale, and rapidly.

Gravity
    Participant

Under unitary idealism;
    The existence of logical modality is ontologically prior to the existence of energy because energy is a logical modality (yielding nonzero parameters).

Whereas no (in)finite quantity of energy in the universe can possibly be created or caused to exist by the effect of any other (in)finite quantity of energy, energetic process or interpolation of energetic events in the universe (energy being modified by (equal and opposite) correspondence of existent energy only),
    therefore a qualitatively singular logical modality necessarily exists
    as the only possible adequately quantified cause of (the existence of) energy in every possible universe, (and being ontologically prior to all possible field potentials,) of which the most energetically ideal cosmogenic constant must at least yield [0 ≠ 0] (eternally) and must also yield a gravity-based geometric progression as integral paradox, which real existence may only be adequately inferred from itself (infinitely).

Gravity recapitulates reality.

sprocketsanjay
    Participant

An excellent presentation by Steven Kopits (oil industry analyst)

Part 1 (20 mins)
    Peak Oil and the Infinite Growth Monetary Paradig…: https://youtu.be/HcXkkKeKogM

Part 2 (20 mins)
    Peak Oil and the Infinite Growth Monetary Paradig…: https://youtu.be/qIEmzALohEw

So in tune with TAE but backed up with some on the ground analysis (very rare in my experience).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.