Debt Rattle Jul 31 2014: Say Bye To The Bubble

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Jul 31 2014: Say Bye To The Bubble

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

DPC Ghosts in train concourse, Union Station, Washington DC 1910 Is the age of stimulus over? It may well be. That would expose global markets as the
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Jul 31 2014: Say Bye To The Bubble]

Professorlocknload
    Participant
    rapier
    Participant

There is a huge settlement of Treasury auctions today, over $70bn worth, so there is a temporary liquidity squeeze. This is the first month since 11/12 when this round of QE started that Fed buying was exceeded by Treasury borrowing. That will reverse again,despite the taper in August and September. Then the taper will start to really bite.

John Day
    Participant

Here is something about the MH-17 wreckage and shoot-down, which looks pretty conclusive. A photo of cockpit wreckage shows lots of entry and exit bullet holes, meaning the plane was shot down by a machine gun. It has to have been mounted to that fighter that BBC showed witnesses saying shot the plane down.
    Both of these disappeared from their original posts.
    Global Research got the debris analysis story from Germany.

Revelations of German Pilot: Shocking Analysis of the “Shooting Down” of Malaysian MH17. “Aircraft Was Not Hit by a Missile”

Deleted BBC Report. “Ukrainian Fighter Jet Shot Down MHI7”, Donetsk Eyewitnesses

Raleigh
    Participant

Ilargi – excellent piece today, as always. You are an excellent writer.

John Day – I was looking at the pieces of the fuselage last night on Google images, and that’s exactly what I was looking for – where the entry holes were located. It appears the cockpit took the hits. From what I could see (and the photographs aren’t great), the pieces that had broken off (and were away from the main debris area) looked clean, not riddled and not burnt.

Such a mystery. We’ll have to await the black box recordings, if they’re ever released. The dirty are getting dirtier.

John Day
    Participant

Raleigh,
    No incriminating evidence will be released by parties with anything to lose in the matter (my prediction).

mike
    Participant

I realize 90-95% of the world’s energy is traded in dollars. However the petrodollar scam evolved into everyone using the dollar for all almost all trade globally. I believe the current trend of bilateral trade in native currencies, albeit small at this time, is the start of breaking away from the dollar. Emerging nations may in fact blow up in the near future but wouldn’t that just prove why continuing to use the dollar is TOXIC?
    Using one nation’s currency in world wide trade, as told by De Gaulle, gives untold advantages to the issuer. One would have to believe that in time the offset of the advantages become disadvantages to the users especially when said currency is no longer backed by anything of value. The U.S. dollar IS NOT “as good as gold” and it’s debt, although good for collateral, is NOT really an asset when it will never be paid back!! The real concern that we should look at is why nations are buying gold and asking for it back. It would seem to me that the new collateral is gold and that is a hedge against a dying currency.
    I definitely believe the dollar has one last good run in it and will appear to reign supreme globally. BUT, that will leave a trail of destruction as interest rates rise, consumption will collapse and global trade will stall. The only real temporary backing of the dollar was the jobs nations received from the U.S. over the last 3 decades – they gladly bought the debt to keep receiving the benefits of job exportation as well as technology. China has broken that cycle by refusing to buy the debt in the quantities needed.
    The illusion of U.S. wealth is predicated upon CREDIT AND DEBT at the Federal, State, City and personal levels (forget about corporate for now). How can this illusion be maintained any longer when facing rising interest rates from the end of the FED “stimulas”?
    I believe Mike Maloney has it right when he said the U.S. will experience 4 phases before the final collapse: Deflation, Inflation, REAL Deflation followed by REAL INFLATION (hyper). We are now in the REAL Deflatoin period and when the pain becomes too great the money printers will be turned on again, never to stop.
    What the politicians need is cover. They do not want the blame falling on their shoulders as Americans find out the truth, that their 401(k)s will be property of the U.S. Govt. That their pensions will be buying up govt debt. That their plans for the future will be greatly altered from sunny to cloudy. That the biggest asset, their house, is revalued downward by 50% or more. That having a job only gaurantees you a self sufficient path to death without any financial freedoms. I predict 80% – 240 million in poverty when this is said and done. Yes, a third world model it will be. Pooping in toilets doesn’t seperate the first world from the third, PRODUCTIVITY does. Even if jobs move back to the U.S. they pay diddly squat as the 1% are in complete control now. Only those who will be of vital use to the 1% will make a decent living (i.e.those with brains, politicans, etc.) the rest will be in “steerage” withing the Titanic of the 1%. The world will have no pity on the American who knew too little.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.