The IMF Proposes A 10% Supertax On All Eurozone Household Savings

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum The IMF Proposes A 10% Supertax On All Eurozone Household Savings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

This is a story that should raise an eyebrow or two on every single face in Europe, and beyond. I saw the first bits of it on a Belgian site named Exp
    [See the full post at: The IMF Proposes A 10% Supertax On All Eurozone Household Savings]

I just discovered Nicole Foss is going to give a lecture on Lopez Island WA tomorrow though I do not know the venue. Does anyone know where this lecture is going to be given? I would like to attend.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

“Leaving the poor alone is not what’s seen as fair in today’s societies.”

Of course not. The producers of wealth will simply pass the tax on to the consumers.

As always, authority uses upper classes as tax collectors. Anyone remember all those folks rallying around Jimmy Carter’s “Windfall Profits Tax” on those evil Oil Producers, when prices skyrocketed due to shortages created by price controls and excess Fed printing?

They had no clue where that tax revenue would have originated. Even as they pumped “over priced” gas into their cars, they demanded higher taxes on the producers.

All moot, really. The old way is over, and it’s every man for himself now. Justice and fairness are no longer viable in a world where Moral Hazard has been let out of the bag. One must align oneself with .gov, or prepare for a rough ride alone.

And don’t let any of those bales of $100 bills falling from the sky flatten you, as you keep in mind the larger number of them you collect, the greater the tax take for “The Power.” Nice incentive on their part?

SkyWatcher.

Here’s the details:

2225 Fisherman Bay Road
    Lopez Island, WA 98261

4-6pm Sunday 13th

quiritus

hi ilargy
    i think you have made a big mistake here: i suggest to read carefully the fiscal monitor october 2013: the box 6 is only a little part and i think was used from main stream media (WSJ the first to give global relevance) in order to hit the credibility of FMI in order to avoid the real news in fiscal monitor 2013, where they say, that the fiscal politics in developed country from aroun 1980 to date, have contributed to make rich more rich and it’ s necessary and urgent to make the oppostite. i suggest to read the spech of Lagarde at Davos and two work book of FMI of the start of 2013 dedicated to confirm peak oil

Not sure what you’re saying, quiritus, Box 6 may be small, but it’s still there regardless, word for word. And the idea of the IMF as ideology-driven advocates of the poor, and/or Wall Street babe Christine Lagarde as Mother Teresa, sorry, those don’t swim.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.