too many oil refinery fires

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum TAE Blog Energy too many oil refinery fires

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jal
    Participant

There are too many oil refinery fires. Do a search.
    Something stinks.
    The latest
    https://news.terra.com/fire-at-mexico-pemex-gas-facility-kills-26,f981c4f242cd9310VgnVCM10000098cceb0aRCRD.html
    Fire at Mexico Pemex gas facility kills 26
September 18, 2012 • 10:29 PM • last update 10:35 PM

Glennda
    Participant

I would attribute the Richmond, CA refinery fire to negligence on the part of Chevron. They didn’t even tell the people of the city for 3 hours after the explosion that the air was poisoned. Only later did they tell people in the city to close their doors and windows and stay inside. Well over 1000 people in Richmond and neighboring cities were treated in hospitals, that doesn’t take into account those who simply pulled out their inhalers to self medicate their long standing asthma.

The Northern part of the Bay Area starts with Richmond, and touches on smaller towns to the north and then flows seamlessly into the southern municipalities of El Cerrito, Albany, Berkeley on down to Emeryville and Oakland. I couldn’t smell it, but I know those who suffered from their asthma.

I just got a flyer at the OWS anniversary in SF, that a branch of Occupy is calling for Operation Chevron Shutdown on Oct 30. After summer trainings, I expect the younger Occupiers are ready to try out some new techniques. I’ll probably go to it and see how it goes.

jal
    Participant

Is anyone following what is happening?

https://www.theoildrum.com/node/9496#more

Shouldn’t prices go up if oil production go off line?

Prices have just dropped to $91.

Its not making any sense.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.