Will Oil Kill The Zombies?

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Will Oil Kill The Zombies?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ben Shahn Quick lunch stand in Plain City, Ohio Aug 1938 Oil producer Russia hikes rates to 10.5% as the ruble continues to plunge, while fellow produ
    [See the full post at: Will Oil Kill The Zombies?]

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

And there goes the financial collapse caused by low oil prices. …Right after the one caused by high oil prices.

Easy money leads to financial speculation and systemic instability. Can we stop now?

Variable81
    Participant

“And there goes the financial collapse caused by low oil prices. …Right after the one caused by high oil prices.”

Takes me back to my Quality Improvement / TQM days… reminds me of upper and lower control limits for processes/systems, and all that jazz. I’m thinking the economy is like any other system – when you start moving out of your control limits, all sorts of crazy stuff starts happening.

While I’m certainly not prepared for collapse, I’m not sure I can handle another 3-5 years of whatever it is we’re living through now. Just hoping house prices collapse again before all the banks become insolvent – really need to buy that doomsday homestead soon.

Cheers,
    -GBV

jal
    Participant

The system will not crash. That would be like saying that the rich and powerful will lose everything and join everyone under the overpass.
    There will be some very hungry people waiting for a hand out of a share of long pork.

Danny B
    Participant

I found very interesting correlation on the drop in the price of oil.
    https://www.energeticforum.com/general-discussion/13014-economic-pressures-17.html#post268132

Want to write an article about it, Danny?

Contact • at • TheAutomaticEarth • com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.