Debt Rattle April 26 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 26 2018

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

James McNeill Whistler Miss Ethel Philip Reading 1894   • Debt-Enabled Asset Bubbles On Crash Course With Demographics (Park) • ‘Grotesque’ Lever
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 26 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Very interesting Whistler, but not well kept apparently.

I haven’t driven an American (north) built car since 1965, with one exception (1986), which confirmed never to ever buy another U.S. POS (piece of shit) automobile.

NATO Think-Tank Expert: Russia Is ‘Comfortable’ Using Nuclear Weapons (RT)

My first reaction was to laugh at further stupidity coming from the west. Extremely dangerous stupidity.
    Again, further evidence, of gross ignorance of NATO’s self identified adversary.
    The entire, made up “senario” is made of whole cloth lacking any credibility.
    The only thing in evidence is NATO’s total lack of concern for the population of this planet.
    From the reams of reading I’ve done; Russia does not believe a “limited” nuclear conflict is possible. I agree.
    Further, I’m of the opinion Russia will not launch a first strike…ever.
    However, IMO, Russia has ensured they have the very best defensive system on the planet; and with Putin’s March 1st announcement of 5 advanced, unstoppable, defensive weapons, was a warning to the west/U.S. to think very carefully before acting in an irreversible aggression towards Russia.
    I fear we’re about to find out the depth of pathological thought in the neo-conned west…

NATO, Pentagon and many member states’ military commands have simply never pondered, let alone, accepted, the concept of a war that is not winnable. Napoleon and Hitler lost in Russia, but they put those down to other causes. There was Korea, but more interesting is the US losing in Vietnam. Given US and NATO status today, their claim is they lost that one but still won.

If they would acknowledge the concept of the unwinnable war, NATO would have no reason to exist. So they don’t.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Ilargi
    Well, isn’t that delusional of them. 😉 Rhetorical, I know.
    But that is exactly the thing, isn’t it?
    The U.S.’s idiotic blunder into the Vietnam war was the penultimate example of empire’s impotence and ignorance. Unfortunately that lesson is lost on the hegemon.
    The lessons not learned by the western hegemon are myriad; and scare the shit out of me.
    Mad Max is the result; but fails to show the route followed; well, we’re in the front row seats this time…

Military-industrial complex. Unlimited funding for Raytheon, Lockheed. From their viewpoint, it all makes a lot of sense.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Yes, from their pov; but unlimited funding from a bankrupt system? That doesn’t even know it’s dead?
    How long can that continue?
    I honestly don’t know the answer to that question; but at some point it must stop.
    The parting shot form the MIC may be armegedon; if I can’t have my way, then fuck you all; die…
    Petulant, but real…

I’d add, that a few players (Iran, Russia, China, and Venezuela) are dumping the dollar. There is movement towards gold as a tradeable currancy equivalent. That will finish the USD; but how much damage will ensue from the U.S., as that becomes a reality?

oxymoron
    Participant

great links today Raúl, feels like we are coming up on something…. The debt is not going to remain easy to get your hands on and people are gonna cash out and call in what they are owed.

Dr. D
    Participant

Fighting a defensive war is astonishingly cheaper. Compared to our present budget it would be near zero to control the coasts. Heck, remove the standing army as the founders envisioned and we already have enough guns and range-hours.

We didn’t exactly blunder into Vietnam: what’s now called the Deep State, Mr. Dullesx2 was selling it as reasonable on falsified intel, which is the obvious way to force Presidents to make decisions. (As he later found in Cuba) Kennedy was planning a P.R. op and then to pull out but he died. Instead, a twofer: profits were high plus we got to kill a bunch of people, and add some butter and you guarantee bankruptcy and end the gold backing. When that happens, the only choice is to fall back on unbacked fiat currency as happened. Without the planned over-spending, that could not happen. It wasn’t stupid, it was a plan.

When the choice is collapse or fiat, nations choose fiat and the people will force them to. However, that opens the final door to complete, whole, and limitless control and profiteering of banks and military at the expense of every other segment on earth. That has happened like every other time in history. That too has an expiration date (40 years, as advertised in the 1988 Economist) then you set up a panopticon police state and worldwide currency to swap out, as your limitless print-and-military allows you to take over the world in the 2001 Bush-Cheney play and establish an inescapable one-world currency and carbon-based tax authority. So, no accident, was in many think tanks and white papers all along.

But the best laid plans of mice and men oft a gang a gley. Without control of Russia and China, there is always a competing currency, and without taking ever more foreign resources with ever more men, like Rome or the 3rd Reich, the expensive military collapses on its own efforts. Being such feckless mouth-breathing idiots they couldn’t hold Libya and Syria, (Open arms! The invasion will pay for itself!) the planned window to conquer Iran in 2015 passed, and then a breakaway group of generals who hardly resisted before now, suddenly attempted an orderly retreat back to America First. And there we are today, as any idiot could see would fail 50 years ago.

Why? Because no matter how talented Napoleon is, if he starts taking over the world, everyone realizes they HAVE to stop him, they HAVE to get involved and fight as if their life depends on it. So Napoleon or the West can fight any one country, but not EVERY country combined, which is what is required. Still they did pretty well at killing everybody and everyone in such a way that, although they are even now proudly publishing white papers about killing everybody and taking everything over, still no one believes them. What can I say? If a guy says he’s going to kill you, then buys a gun and a gun turret, do we laugh it off as a joke? Apparently. I have no explanation for it, but eventually, like Chamberlain, enough millions are killed that they start to believe them. Maybe someday that will sink in even here, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

zerosum
    Participant

I’m not worried about TSHTF.
    I’ve been prepared for years
    My teachers taught me what to do in 1962
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

olo530
    Participant

Fighting a defensive war is astonishingly cheaper.

That’s an interesting statement, Dr. D. Cheaper than what? Than offensive war? But that’s apples and oranges. If your objective is to pump the wealth out of other countries into yours, how do you achieve that fighting a defensive war?

Chris M
    Participant

“If your objective is to pump the wealth out of other countries into yours, how do you achieve that fighting a defensive war?”

By George, I think you’ve got it. 😉

Chris M
    Participant

I’ll post this again. It never gets old.

Benjamin Franklin said there are three ways a nation could become wealthy: 1) By going to war and taking another nation’s wealth. 2) By trading with another nation and gaining the upper hand in the trade by cheating. Or 3) By planting a seed, whereby new wealth is created as if by a miracle.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.