Debt Rattle August 10 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 10 2020

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

William-Adolphe Bouguereau La naissance de Vénus 1879   • The Spies Who Hijacked America (Schrage) • Memo Shows FBI May Have Misled Senate About
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 10 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

William-Adolphe Bouguereau La naissance de Vénus 1879

It goes without saying that the painting is exquiset…
    What’s curious is the men (all dark skinned),the very young children in various states of ecstasy, one with blood running down his sides and the general mood of the scene…

Let’s say it’s exuberant. And let’s wonder what the painter was thinking.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

What I’m hoping for WRT Covid-19 is that we’ll soon reach a point where the pandemic has picked most of the “low-hanging fruit” in terms of death and serious illness.

anticlimactic
    Participant

Green Tea is the new HCQ?!

This is a very interesting article discussing whether green tea is effective against C-19. It seems to act like HCQ, but less contentious! Like vitamin D there is no absolute proof that it is effective but there is enough evidence to suggest it could be. Also, like vitamin D supplements, it is cheap so why not try it.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2020-08-08/green-tea-zinc

I am not a fan of green tea but a friend was describing how he made up a large batch of green tea, also using fruit teas, and perhaps adding cranberry juice and mint. He then bottles and refrigerates it and drinks it through the day. He days it is very refreshing in warm weather.

It is certainly going on my shopping list!, probably along with things to disguise the taste!

zerosum
    Participant

“low-hanging fruit”

You would not like living in the resulting social/economic system.

Capitalism, dictators, and the rich and powerful, have been promoting that very thing but calling it “survival of the fittest”.

More than 50% of the USA are “low-hanging fruit” since more than 50% are obese and have health issues.
    Even Trump is considered obese.

Gaia, (life), is doing what it has always been doing and is suppose to do, making all life adapt or perish.
    The Human social/economic systems are not part of Gaia’s operating rules.

Why are the homeless still surviving being homeless?

zerosum
    Participant

Mismanagement of consumption of resources and assets.
    War
    Riots
    Urban guerrilla warfare
    Demonstrations
    Rallies
    Advertising
    Politics
    Power
    Wealth
    Stupidity
    Ignorance
    Selfishness
    Lies

Why are the homeless still surviving being homeless?

Yeah, let’s give them a home so they stop doing that!

I like the idea of half of Americans being low hanging fruit. Opens whole new vistas.

PhillipAllen
    Participant

@V. Arnold: “one with blood running down his sides”

I have looked and looked and see no blood from any creature. Where do you see this, please?

“one with blood running down his sides”

Kid in the middle, 4th from the right. Not sure it’s blood, hard to see on a phone.

Could be ribbons of some sort, string?!

jlpicard2
    Participant

the men (all dark skinned)

Centaurs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birth_of_Venus_(Bouguereau)

At the center of the painting, Venus stands nude on a scallop shell[1] being pulled by a dolphin, one of her symbols. Fifteen putti, including Cupid and his lover Psyche, and several nymphs and centaurs have gathered to witness Venus’ arrival. Most of the figures are gazing at her, and two of the centaurs are blowing into conch and Triton shells, signaling her arrival.

regionswork
    Participant

zerosum has started a list that might be headed Human Failures of Intelligence.

Profit motive runs the show, while community motive, articulated by Aldo Leopold in 1944, is hardly recognized as the basis of community evolutionary progress.

As the bar keeps dropping for Covid-19 success, the death, injury and quality of life toll on politically fragmented Americans gets restated as some kind of success.

That certain evangelical Christian groups back Trump is because he promised them power is an omen of end times for some. Earth will be here, supporting whatever life forms it can for longer than an extinct race can be remembered.

How you are organized it what counts for perpetuation.

jlpicard2
    Participant

It looks like a bridal for a dolphin. The one cherub seems to be riding the dolphin. Notice the lines are straight from the hands to the dolphin, as if taut.

Here is a high resolution version (4,014 × 5,670 pixels, 14MB)
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bb/William-Adolphe_Bouguereau_%281825-1905%29_-_The_Birth_of_Venus_%281879%29.jpg

PhillipAllen
    Participant

“one with blood running down his sides”

Kid in the middle, 4th from the right. Not sure it’s blood, hard to see on a phone.

Yes! The cherub is riding a dolphin, and that ribbon/string/rope serve as reins. Much easier to see on a monitor.

(I’m hella presbyopic, but am relieved I’m not that presbyopic.)

Dr. D
    Participant

You know, for a Christian site, they sure don’t know jack about Christianity and Christian law. There is, when the situation is adequate, specific procedures and laws for the Abrahamic religions to defend themselves by openly declaring war and prosecuting it appropriately. Every other tribe, nation, and people does too. When you declare war, you kill people. So yes, every Christian in that nation which has declared war would be eligible if not required to defend their nation/religion as a matter of law and duty. The alternative is to be peacefully annihilated, and pretty quick too. But we know that religion is one of exclusive peace when the founder said “Sell everything, even the shirt off your back, and buy an assault weapon” Luke 22:36 a few days after going to the temple and attacking everyone there with unforewarned and shocking violence. Matt 21:12.

But I expect universal and overwhelming illiteracy as a matter of course, and for personal and cultural suicide to run free with a complete lack of common sense.

And people say all this is dumb while being so dumb they know nothing whatsoever about it, and in pride of their ignorance, refuse to look. “Ask…and KEEP asking, and it shall be answered. Seek, and KEEP seeking, and you will find” it. Matt 7:7

No seeking, no asking, no working, no risking, only complaining. So sir, what would YOU suggest we do when the entire population of an opposing nation is trying to kill you? Tell them how naughty they are?

“we’ll soon reach a point where the pandemic has picked most of the “low-hanging fruit” in terms of death”

Not a chance. We don’t need them to die of Covid to report their death: just yesterday a 7-year-old died of a seizure in the shower and it was suddenly Corona. No shame, no doctors: front page news. Add him to the gunshot and motorcycle victims. Meanwhile, 30,000(?) or more died of the same people lying about HCQ. No one notices. No one cares. The one thing we all agree on is no one has consequences. No reward for work, no consequences for failure, lies, theft, or murder.

Election going as planned: if ballots are discarded or not counted in a glorious mess, we can appoint two different presidents and start the civil (race) war that doesn’t seem to be happening despite every lie and indignity we can create. Biden hasn’t even hired his managers for States, has no VP, and has no one knocking on doors in any state. There’s no convention and no interviews, publicity, or tours. (yet he’s a landslide, up by 20 points) What do YOU think is the plan in that case?

Mr. House
    Participant

” The one thing we all agree on is no one has consequences. No reward for work, no consequences for failure, lies, theft, or murder.”

This is one of the things i’ve been trying to wrap my head around of late. I can’t figure it out. Talk about a bottomless rabbit hole

Huskynut
    Participant

“” The one thing we all agree on is no one has consequences. No reward for work, no consequences for failure, lies, theft, or murder.”
    This is one of the things i’ve been trying to wrap my head around of late. I can’t figure it out. Talk about a bottomless rabbit hole”

When I’m in a less temperate mood I’m fond of employing the expression “clinically retarded” to describe so much observed behaviour.
    Case in point – so many of my colleagues in IT are recently installing Alexa-type devices in their homes.
    So, cogniscent of the Snowden revelations, and aware of the strictly limited utility in installing a device which will save them the odd minute here and there, they’re spending their own cash to install bugging devices amongst their family, then training the AI to recognise their voices. And this includes people who have exposure to or work directly in IT security!
    Holy crap.. they must literally switch off the part of their brains which assesses potential risk to do that. But they can be the very same people who will place an orange cone over a tiny defect in the concrete floor in case someone loses their footing and falls…
    The complacency. The mindless idiocy in thought and deed. It’s utterly staggering on so many fronts..

V. Arnold
    Participant

I have looked and looked and see no blood from any creature. Where do you see this, please?

My bad; on a closer look I think it’s string in each hand, as Ilargi said…
    Sorry ’bout that…

V. Arnold
    Participant

Holy crap.. they must literally switch off the part of their brains which assesses potential risk to do that. But they can be the very same people who will place an orange cone over a tiny defect in the concrete floor in case someone loses their footing and falls…
    The complacency. The mindless idiocy in thought and deed. It’s utterly staggering on so many fronts..

Agreed! I’ve run out of adjectives…

John Day
    Participant

Thanks everybody. Long day. I agree about the strings being a bridle for the dolphin.
    There is a mass psychosis.
    In the future, if it works out that way, they will look back and wonder what possessed us, as we wonder about the rush into WW-2, but we can’t understand, because we were not under the pervasive influence of the group mind of that time.
    I see this now.
    I’m probably a goner, soon…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.