Debt Rattle August 25 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 25 2018

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Henry Bacon Étretat 1890   • The Dogs of Vengeance (Jim Kunstler) • Chemical Attack Being Staged To Frame Damascus – Russia MoD (RT) • Half Of Mi
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 25 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The Great Chinese Art Heist (GQ)

I read the entire article; utterly fascinating…

V. Arnold
    Participant

History lessons: “If you see me, weep.”
    A lengthy drought in Europe has exposed carved boulders, known as “hunger stones,” that have been used for centuries to commemorate historic droughts — and warn of their consequences.

Interesting, very interesting; but will change nothing.
    Something deadens humans when faced with catastrophic change in their environs; move on to another place; historically the solution; but now; there is no “other” place to move.
    But denial runs strong among the species, running towards their ultimate end; and they still will not see it…

seychelles
    Participant

Car finance and food stamps?

A two-legged stool. Pain is always the most effective teacher. Not enough pain yet. Be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

Nassim
    Participant

“Also, because of a dam on a tributary of the Elbe, it’s seen more often now than it used to be, according to a Decin tourist site”

Are you sure it is not due to “Global Warming” ?

Here, in Australia, there is now an official drought over the whole of New South Wales. Some people think it might be a “big one” – like the Federation Drought.

By 1902 Australia’s sheep population dropped from its 1891 level of 106 million to fewer than 54 million. Cattle numbers fell by more than 40 per cent. Sheep numbers did not return to 100 million until 1925.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drought_in_Australia#Federation_drought

In the supermarkets they have bales of hay stacked to encourage buyers to “help farmers” – another bit of virtue signalling similar to the plastic bag nonsense.

Nassim
    Participant

re; Nauru

Say what you like, but the policy implemented by a previous Australian government has successfully warded off what is now happening in Southern Europe. The government of Australia should look after Australians. If you really want to help some 3rd world people, take a look at how the aboriginal live.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

The recently featured paintings of Étretat motivated me to learn more about that area, and I was please to see that the fields on top of those cliffs are still open space, without housing developments. Then I saw another photo, from a different angle, that showed a golf course up there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.