Debt Rattle Bastille Day 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Bastille Day 2017

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Nude, Green Leaves and Bust 1932   • Global Shares Rise To Record New Highs (R.) • Britain In Worse Shape To Withstand A Recession
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Bastille Day 2017]

Nassim
    Participant

“Philip Morris’ Anti-Anti-Smoking Campaign ”

I never took up smoking – my two brother did. At that time, it was fashionable to smoke. I am saying this because I don’t want anyone to think that I am pro-smoking or tobacco companies or whatever.

Since those days, my views on smoking – and drugs and alcohol – have changed a lot. I now think that some people have a propensity to get addicted to something or another. If they are not allowed to smoke cigarettes, they will smoke opium or hash instead. It is pretty obvious that many people both drink a lot and smoke a lot. I think it is all connected.

Now, I think that people should do exactly as they wish – so long as they don’t imperil or pollute others. Obviously, governments can tax and regulate the whole thing. The only reason that was not done a long time ago is that parts of governments and security services make a good living out of organizing a lot of the drug trade. There can be no other reason for the USA remaining in Afghanistan.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Nassim
    There can be no other reason for the USA remaining in Afghanistan.

Au contraire; Afghanistan is a strategic country not to mention mineral wealth, pipeline routes and China’s OBOR (one road, one belt).
    China is already mining copper there and in talks with the Taliban.
    The U.S. is a jealous mistress and believes it owns the world; but as is said, possesion is 9/10ths etc..

Nassim
    Participant

China has a border with Pakistan and is building a port in Pakistan’s Baluchistan – no need to go through Afghanistan.

As for the minerals, the Americans will never be able to develop them. They could not control the country when they had 100,000 soldiers there and there is no way they are going to have that many again.

“China-Pakistan Relations Enter New Phase”

https://www.strategic-culture.org/pview/2017/04/03/china-pakistan-relations-enter-new-phase.html

IMHO, the only thing that makes any sense is the opium trade and the opportunity it offers to use it to damage neighbouring countries – e.g. Iran and Russia

V. Arnold
    Participant

Nassim
    China has a border with Pakistan and is building a port in Pakistan’s Baluchistan – no need to go through Afghanistan.
    Key word; port. That’s the sea lane part of OBOR.
    Afghanistan is the silk ROAD part of OBOR.
    In any event; never mind…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.