Debt Rattle December 11 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 11 2018

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Arnold Böcklin The Isle of the Dead III 1883   • Jerome Powell Is Between A Rock And A Hard Place (Nomi Prins) • Macron Bows To Protesters’ Deman
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 11 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Also: he was MIA for 10 days or so. And then his speech yesterday was pre-recorded. He still hasn’t communicated live with the French people. Ilargi

I’ve been wondering just how much influence Macron’s wife has on his decisions?
    I’ve had this gnawing feeling she’s the power behind the curtin…
    She’s older and very rich according to what I’ve read.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Arnold Böcklin The Isle of the Dead III 1883

An utterly fascinating painting…
    Beautifully rendered and enigmatic as suits the title…

Dr. D
    Participant

Truly love all things about the painting.

I felt badly suggesting Kavanaugh was a moderate and cutout Kennedy replacement, for although easily proven, in today’s spin that information is unwelcome. However, my suggestion that he would have been shot down by the Right if only the Left hadn’t attacked him with patently false (now being sued and investigated) accusations (and they might have won the Senate too – when I say these things I’m actually helping them), is now strongly upheld.

Although legal standards require the Supreme Court to hear all cases, now that there are more than 13 colonies and 3 million people, it’s just not possible. Therefore, the U.S. Supreme court can uphold, reject, or fail to hear a case presented to them. They have just refused to hear a case on Planned Parenthood (and therefore abortion) with dissenting opinion that means Kavanaugh would not hear the case, upholding the attempt and holding the status quo on Planned Parenthood, siding with the ‘liberals’, and probably just as Kennedy would have done.

To Kavanaugh voted Liberal and against Conservatives. And this after the way the Left painted him and treated him. Which I guess shows something, as I suspect the rest of us would have a desire to stick it to them, at least once, just because.

But not to fear! I’ll still be some jackass who’s totally wrong and doesn’t know anything again tomorrow. Just like I was with Iraq, ISIS, the EU, the economy, immigration… And the sad part is, it’s so easy to see. All you have to do is read the source material of what the actual players published in public and signed their names to. That’s it. It’s not like they’re hiding anything. Why bother, when nobody listens, and even if they read and listen, they still don’t believe? And who would they tell? Their countrymen won’t believe it either, choosing the reality they want by pointedly refusing to read and look for themselves either, and, having been told, lazily reject the tellers instead of known serial liars like CNN and The Guardian.

“Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it.” ― Thomas Paine

“Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” ― George Bernard Shaw

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” — John Adams

zerosum
    Participant

It’s not easy to find “normal” people.

” …. Theresa May is as out of touch with her people as Macron is.”

” …. nobody listens, and even if they read and listen, they still don’t believe? And who would they tell? Their countrymen won’t believe it either, choosing the reality they want ….”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quixotism
    Quixotism is usually related to “over-idealism”, meaning an idealism that doesn’t take consequence or absurdity into account. It is also related to naïve romanticism and to utopianism.
    …. the term Quixote was used to describe a person who does not distinguish between reality and imagination. ….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.