Debt Rattle June 3 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 3 2021

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Bill7
    Participant

> As the corporate state fails, it redirects blood (money) from the edges (small biz) to keep the behemoths alive. That is why target and walmart were allowed to be wide open during the “pandemic” and ma and pop had to go under. Somebody has to get thrown under the bus! <

Good call, I think. One of good early tells in this (there will be more, heh) “pandemic” is that
    all the mom n’ pop shops got shut down, while the corporatist outfits remained open; the latter deemed “essential”, dontcha know..

The top 5% to the Many, now: “What are you going to do about it?”
    Some of us saw this coming fourteen months ago (if not much earlier), of course.

Bill7
    Participant

Denninger’s recent claims about elite motivations seem not well-founded, to me.
    Will leave it at that.

zerosum
    Participant

The hen house is in the USA
    There is more than enough info.to dig further.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06/the-lab-leak-theory-inside-the-fight-to-uncover-covid-19s-origins
    The Lab-Leak Theory: Inside the Fight to Uncover COVID-19’s Origins
    BY KATHERINE EBAN

JUNE 3, 2021

Demaneuf began searching for patterns in the available data, and it wasn’t long before he spotted one. China’s laboratories were said to be airtight, with safety practices equivalent to those in the U.S. and other developed countries. But Demaneuf soon discovered that there had been four incidents of SARS-related lab breaches since 2004, two occuring at a top laboratory in Beijing. Due to overcrowding there, a live SARS virus that had been improperly deactivated, had been moved to a refrigerator in a corridor. A graduate student then examined it in the electron microscope room and sparked an outbreak.

Demaneuf published his findings in a Medium post, titled “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: a review of SARS Lab Escapes.” By then, he had begun working with another armchair investigator, Rodolphe de Maistre. A laboratory project director based in Paris who had previously studied and worked in China, de Maistre was busy debunking the notion that the Wuhan Institute of Virology was a “laboratory” at all. In fact, the WIV housed numerous laboratories that worked on coronaviruses. Only one of them has the highest biosafety protocol: BSL-4, in which researchers must wear full-body pressurized suits with independent oxygen. Others are designated BSL-3 and even BSL-2, roughly as secure as an American dentist’s office.

Having connected online, Demaneuf and de Maistre began assembling a comprehensive list of research laboratories in China. As they posted their findings on Twitter, they were soon joined by others around the world. Some were cutting-edge scientists at prestigious research institutes. Others were science enthusiasts. Together, they formed a group called DRASTIC, ( https://drasticresearch.org/ ), short for Decentralized Radical Autonomous Search Team Investigating COVID-19. Their stated objective was to solve the riddle of COVID-19’s origin.

In one State Department meeting, officials seeking to demand transparency from the Chinese government say they were explicitly told by colleagues not to explore the Wuhan Institute of Virology’s gain-of-function research, because it would bring unwelcome attention to U.S. government funding of it.

Dr. Richard Ebright, board of governors professor of chemistry and chemical biology at Rutgers University, said that from the very first reports of a novel bat-related coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, it took him “a nanosecond or a picosecond” to consider a link to the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Only two other labs in the world, in Galveston, Texas, and Chapel Hill, North Carolina, were doing similar research. “It’s not a dozen cities,” he said. “It’s three places.”

David Asher, now a senior fellow at the Hudson Institute, ran the State Department’s day-to-day COVID-19 origins inquiry. He said it soon became clear that “there is a huge gain-of-function bureaucracy” inside the federal government.

In October 2014, the Obama administration imposed a moratorium on new funding for gain-of-function research projects that could make influenza, MERS, or SARS viruses more virulent or transmissible. But a footnote to the statement announcing the moratorium carved out an exception for cases deemed “urgently necessary to protect the public health or national security.”

In the first year of the Trump administration, the moratorium was lifted and replaced with a review system called the HHS P3CO Framework (for Potential Pandemic Pathogen Care and Oversight). It put the onus for ensuring the safety of any such research on the federal department or agency funding it. This left the review process shrouded in secrecy. “The names of reviewers are not released, and the details of the experiments to be considered are largely secret,” said the Harvard epidemiologist Dr. Marc Lipsitch, whose advocacy against gain-of-function research helped prompt the moratorium. (An NIH spokesperson told Vanity Fair that “information about individual unfunded applications is not public to preserve confidentiality and protect sensitive information, preliminary data, and intellectual property.”)

Inside the NIH, which funded such research, the P3CO framework was largely met with shrugs and eye rolls, said a longtime agency official: “If you ban gain-of-function research, you ban all of virology.” He added, “Ever since the moratorium, everyone’s gone wink-wink and just done gain-of-function research anyway.”

By 2018, EcoHealth Alliance was pulling in up to $15 million a year in grant money from an array of federal agencies, including the Defense Department, the Department of Homeland Security, and the U.S. Agency for International Development, according to 990 tax exemption forms it filed with the New York State Attorney General’s Charities Bureau. Shi Zhengli herself listed U.S. government grant support of more than $1.2 million on her curriculum vitae: $665,000 from the NIH between 2014 and 2019; and $559,500 over the same period from USAID. At least some of those funds were routed through EcoHealth Alliance.

zerosum
    Participant

“High-level US..officials recognized that gain-of-function research..that they had..funded, may well have been..cause of..pandemic..And they feared the consequences of that disclosure so immensely, they concluded..public could not be informed about this.” – Richard H. Ebright

Bill7
    Participant

> “High-level US..officials recognized that gain-of-function research..that they had..funded, may well have been..cause of..pandemic.. <

#waytooPat

something else going on, I think.

Huskynut
    Participant

Despite the thousands of words penned before and since, our host’s pithy phrase remains the most accurately succinct:
    ” Fauci is a wanker and a rodent”

TAE Summary
    Participant

Maybe Fauci will go down in history along side his countryman Ponzi.
    A Fauci Scheme.
    I like it.

Bill7
    Participant

The Neoliberalists are either deeply marginalizing (for now) or killing off anyone who opposes their defective, self-benefiting system. Obvious I know, but still seems worth saying.

Schwartzman
    Fink
    Dimon (bit player)
    Blankfein
    Soros

and so on..

John Day
    Participant

Hi Ilargi.
    I read this story: How Amateur Sleuths Broke the Wuhan Lab Story and Embarrassed the Media
    It’s a human interest story, leading the reader on a merry chase through certain exotic climes and databases. It only goes where it goes, but it makes the reader feel that he or she has taken in a lot of information, really knows something.
    It says nothing about the US, Canadian and Chinese cooperation on gain-of-function, because (I presume) that path does not stay nicely in China.
    Mockingbird? Why would Newsweek ever put out anything unapproved by the deep state. Thou shalt not mention Ft. Detrick in all of this.
    I do, of course.
    I’m probably secretly suicidal, too,
    🙁

WES
    Participant

Zerosum:

Yes, the hen house is in the US but only the deep state fox is left and he is a mass murderer.

WES
    Participant

Since we know the US deep state and China both wanted to get rid of President Trump, that they co-operated together isn’t hard to believe. Put them both in the same boat and sink it!

zerosum
    Participant

@ WES
    Without the WEB …. I would be an innocent, forgetful, babbling, diaper, drooling second childhood senior.

WES
    Participant

Zerosum:

Sadly as we age, we regress back to our childhood.
    At least TAE tries to keep some of our brain cells from going to mush!

WES
    Participant

I noticed that My Pillow owner Mike Liddel is filing a lawsuit against Dominion voting machines.

Lots of interesting stuff in the lawsuit but I suspect the rigged courts will toss it without bothering to read it. This is the message the Supreme Court has sent to all the lower courts. The election is over.

The lawsuit shows that Dominion has major Chinese ownership. Dominion also has a seat on Homeland’s election security council that declared the 2020 elections the most secure ever! The suit also shows Dominion election machines were connected to the internet. Also shows Dominion software is very easy to hack. All of this election tabulation started in Vensuela! Pretty shady company to say the least!

But as usual nobody will bother to read any of this stuff. MSM won’t cover it either.

Also there is supposed to be a 20 minute video released tomorrow too.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.