Debt Rattle March 30 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 30 2015

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

John M. Fox “The new Hudson” 1948 • How The Fed Is ‘Screwed,’ And What Happens Next (CNBC) • Cinderella’s New Moral: Be Rich Or Be A Pumpkin (Lynn Stu
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 30 2015]

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

Here in the Northeastern U.S. we’ve had the coldest winter in 60 years, and it may have been colder than even the 1950’s. It’s April 1st and there are still snowdrifts 4-6′ high. Temperatures remain in the teens (f). There have been no days over 50f through March–a deep anomaly. There was no winter thaw in either January or February–a deep anomaly.

Meanwhile, in Bogota, Columbia, they have had 24″ of snow. https://colombiareports.co/welcome-to-the-tropics-bogota-covered-in-24-inches-of-snow/ So…certainly something strange going on weather-wise, perhaps worldwide.

Anecdotal evidence is certainly not science. However, if you admit anecdotal temperatures in Antarctica as evidence of something, don’t you have to admit anecdotal evidence in other places as evidence also? I mean, it is possible northern temperatures are recently dropping while southern temperatures are rising–for what reason we do not yet know, but that has been the recent trend of the evidence. It has also been rumored that antarctic subsea volcanoes have been warming certain areas, even as land-pack snow has increased–although additional snow on Antarctica may be a sign of *warmer* coastal waters. At the same time, we recently had the sea ice form far sooner and deeper than expected, embarrassingly locking in the climate study ship Polarstar in 2014. So what does it all mean? It’s science. It’s messy. It’s complicated. But if you publish anecdotal outliers from one side, is it fair to ignore similar events from the other?

jal
    Participant

Deflation!!!!

I don’t fear it.
    My purchasing power will not change very much. Taxes will go up to keep prices the same.

The 1% will be able to pick up all kinds of opportunities from the 10% for pennies. ( I could not afford to buy an unfinished development complex on the sunny beaches of Spain)

Nassim
    Participant

Here is a good explanation about the differences between the sea ice of the arctic and the antarctic. The sea ice of the antarctic was at its maximum ever last Winter – it is always much less thick than that of the arctic.

“Arctic vs. Antarctic”

https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/seaice/characteristics/difference.html

Yemen is not a complicated story. One thing the newspapers never tell you is that the “president” who had to flee and wants his country to be bombed was the only presidential candidate at his “election”. Here is a good short explanation:

“What’s REALLY Going On In Yemen”

https://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/03/whats-really-going-yemen.html

jal
    Participant

Its now official. Canada has declared war against my wishes. Against a group that has no country.
    Canada has no money to waste on war.
    Canada has no money to take care of their past veterans. So we must continue to make veterans so that someone still has a job.

Who are the puppeteers pulling on the strings?
    They must feel safe that no bombs will affect their way of life.

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

“…one of the first things [Yemen President] Mr. Saleh did when his three-decade rule was threatened by the 2011 Arab Spring was strike a secret deal to give an entire southern province to al-Qaeda. The more he could portray Yemen as falling into militant hands, he calculated, the more the West want to keep him in office at all costs.”

Impossible. Governments would never promote violence and fabricate terrorism just to stay in power. Right? And this wasn’t their first and automatic response. Right? But surely, this is just Yemen. …Right?

Interesting article on polar regions. Maybe their similar appearance is deceptive, and what we really learn is that they’re more different than alike. Which is strange or unique. You’d think the formation of the planet’s geology would have a strong symmetry at the poles, but it doesn’t. I wonder what that means. Do other planets in our solar system also lack polar symmetry? If so, is there something we can discern from it?

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Dr. D: “Is there something we can discern from it?”

Nothing significant, I would expect.

Keep in mind how shallow the oceans are compared with Earth’s diameter:
    https://hiddencause.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/earth-water.jpg

And that continental drift is responsible for the current configuration:
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Plate+Tectonics+Animation&Form=IQFRDR#view=detail&id=4B9930BD27194C5E61BF20557CCB0346F9DA9FDA&selectedIndex=7

I’d be happy to look deeper into the matter, though, if they want to grant me a juicy slice of that growing carbon tax pie.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.