Debt Rattle November 20 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 20 2017

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Stanley Kubrick Laboratory at Columbia University 1948   • Banks Show An Almost Autistic Disregard For The Law – Australia Senator (Abc) • ECB Pr
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 20 2017]

Dr. D
    Participant

“But since the crisis British performance has been dismal. Although productivity jumped in the third quarter of 2017, prolonged weakness means that it is barely higher than its pre-crisis peak a decade ago.”

Wow, talk about framing expectations. First, markets hate uncertainty. However temporary, any transition — even an openly positive one — is certain to cause a decline. Second, so the economy has been catastrophically weak since they day the U.K. joined the EU? Gee, I think that’s just what we were talking about, yet this writer cleverly makes it sound like both the 10-year slump is caused by Brexit — prophetic Brexit, apparently — but that Brexit is the driver DOWN, while joining the EU 10 years ago was awesome, and who wouldn’t want that? I mean, it only caused the complete stagnation of ALL GDP, in ALL nations except Germany during its entire history, AND crushing Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Ireland, and Eastern Europe to boot. What’s not to like?

Seriously, be careful with words. 10 years stagnation, uh-huh. And look at the next article: this 10 year stagnation put consumers in the Christmas “sweet spot” in 2016. Funny, I don’t remember reading 2016 was a great shopping season, in the U.K. or here. In fact they were quite concerned about itfor some reason.

Brexit Prophesy Disorder I suppose.

zerosum
    Participant

“Millennials are the worst culprits here: 24% still haven’t paid off credit card debt incurred during the 2016 shopping season, while 16% of Gen-Xers haven’t and only 8% of boomers haven’t.”

I feel left out – no money – no debt.

Nassim
    Participant

A little background. Last November, there was a huge change of weather in Melbourne and a vast amount of pollen descended on parts of the city. Some people died and many were very sick. My wife’s clinic ran out of nebulisers. It affected the parts closest to the bush.

Ninth person dead following thunderstorm asthma event

In view of the above, any information about an expected repeat of this event is well worth it – people at risk can keep indoors and take shelter. However, I fear that now – just like with temperatures when they switched to one-second readings – they will be telling us all the time that this month was the “worst on record” and nonsense like that. 🙂

How a digital revolution in pollen counting could save lives

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.