Debt Rattle November 26 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 26 2015

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

G.G. Bain Scramble for pennies – Thanksgiving, New York Nov 1911 • China’s Desperate Commodity Sector Demands State Buy Up Surplus Metals (ZH) • China
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 26 2015]

V. Arnold
    Participant

As long as U.S. citizens look to the U.S. media, their vision will be blocked by the CCM’s lead lined walls.
    3D printing is the future/renaissance of U.S. manufacturing; but it’s not a solution for future employment with out creative thinking.
    The Chinese are building multi-storey apartments with this technology and the Dutch have made serious advances in 3D buildings as well.
    This is a U.S. invention which is fast being usurped by other countries with greater creative visions than our burned out, war ravaged society.
    For the most part; western societies are being relegated to serfdom if they’re lucky; and slavery for the majority.
    You made it; you live with it…

Nassim
    Participant

Arnold,

I know that the Chinese have built houses using 3D technology. However, I doubt if many here know that the US used to build giant apartment/office buildings within days using a far more mundane technology. I tried to Google it, but get inundated with results about raising a house to avoid flooding and similar.

Here is the process:

1- Foundations built – this also has to be done with 3D technology.

2- Steel frame put up on foundation.

3- Separation layer placed.

4- Reinforced concrete floor built at ground level – with cavities at all desired places (e.g. lift shafts and stairwells)

5- Go back to 3 as many times as there will be floors in the final building. (note all this work is done far more easily at ground level)

6- When concrete is cured, jack up each floor individually to its final position and fix to steel frame

7- Fill in the light-weight walls and install all the wiring and services.

8- Complete everything else.

I really don’t see how 3D can compete with this for large symmetrical buildings.

Ken Barrows
    Participant

Question is, does 3D printing give society the net energy it needs–or at least help a little.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ KB

I cannot answer that question; but I should think yes.
    3D printing has unlimited possibilities (and I do mean unlimited) in the building of structures; homes, offices, apartments; you name it. And then there are; materials (never before used), form (never before possible), structure (frame), shape (unlimited), efficiencies (heating, cooling, lighting and interior arrangements.
    For some, it will be required to forget everything you know about present building techniques. Thinking outside the box is now an obsolete term; 3D printing goes way beyond that…

V. Arnold
    Participant
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.