Debt Rattle November 29 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle November 29 2017

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Claude Monet The Manneporte (Étretat) 1883   • VIX – From Fear Index To Greed Index (Tchir) • When VIX Trade Finally Blows Up, It Could Get Ugly
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle November 29 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

The Monet is stunning…

I submit that slavery in the U.S. never actually ended; it was just rejigged.
    Debt being the operational system in the U.S., is a re-jigged type of slavery; debt slavery.
    The most vile form was the initiation of student loans for university, privatized to ensure a lifetime of indebtedness.
    Get them while they’re young; teach them a servile life is all they’re entitled too.
    Debt is the ruling god of the U.S.A.; it just keeps on enslaving; year, after year, after year…
    A real revolt in the U.S. would simply be, everyone refusing to pay their debt; collapse would be pretty quick, I reckon…

anticlimactic
    Participant

LIBYA

Libya had the highest standard of living in north Africa. As Gadaffi wrote : he ensured there was free education [imcluding girls], a free health service and enough food for all. Gadaffi had also agreed to stop migrants using Libya as a staging post to Europe.

However Gadaffi committed two crimes which meant he had to be removed. Firstly [as with Saddam] he threatened to trade oil in Euros rather than dollars. But according to Hillary’s emails his worst crime was to propose a new gold backed currency for north Africa. That’s it!

The victors were extremely racist and rounded up all the black Africans working in Libya. The West quickly accepted the idea that they were mercenaries, even though Gadaffi never employed mercenaries. The idea that they are traded as slaves in not a surprise.

We left Libya in chaos with hundreds of thousands dead. It was a truly evil action by the West.

zerosum
    Participant

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/highlights-statistics-canada-s-final-release-of-2016-census-data-1.3699006

OTTAWA — Statistics Canada issued its sixth and final batch of 2016 census numbers Wednesday, this one focused on education, labour, journey to work, language of work and mobility and migration. Some highlights:
    — Canada ranked first among OECD countries with 54 per cent of residents having college or university degrees in 2016, up from 48.3 per cent in 2006.
    — Of women aged 25 to 34, 40.7 per cent had a bachelor’s degree or higher, up from 32.8 per cent in 2006. Among men of the same age, 7.8 per cent held an apprenticeship certificate, up from 4.9 per cent 10 years earlier.

My Question:
    “– Canada ranked first among OECD countries with 54 per cent of residents having college or university degrees in 2016, up from 48.3 per cent in 2006.”

Canadians are the most in debt.
    What did they learn about being in debt that I did not?

Dr. D
    Participant

NATO could of course straighten this out even today.

They won’t.

What does that tell you about how much mass murder and slavery bothers them?

And those removing statues from a slavery ended 152 years ago? Is this their prime issue, or the exact location that bronze may weather?

That tells you how much they care about race, mass murder, and slavery. What will it take?

olo530
    Participant

What did they learn about being in debt that I did not?

Good one.
    A Canadian told me once that he doesn’t like math because there is only one correct answer. Feels oppressive 🙂

Nassim
    Participant

The evil started with the bombing of Yugoslavia – and the deliberate targeting of journalists. Around that time, I decided to move out of Europe to Australia. I was sure that they would keep on finding new targets.

I note that the so-called International Court of Justice is still operating and punishing participants in the civil war that was largely financed by the Saudis. It was a bit like Syria – but on a much smaller scale. The “massacres” of civilians were largely fake. Nothing at all comparable to the real massacres carried out by NATO’s proxies in Syria and Iraq.

Kosovo Massacre Fraud by Former German Minister Scharping Revealed

Camp Bondsteel. The real reason for the existence of Kosovo.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant
    olo530
    Participant

Yeah, it was silly journalism to compare electricity consumption of Bitcoin mining to that of Nigeria. Still, some useful information. 77 kWh per transaction at 30 $/MWh (don’t really know wholesale prices in China) – 2.31 USD per transaction. Way cheaper than wire transfer, but probably higher than a typical credit card transaction. I would say comparable to reaching consensus through central authority.

Ken Barrows
    Participant

DS,
    I get what the article is saying, but I don’t think CHS focuses on the right metrics. Rather, it should be what the Bitcoin use now and what will it use in the future under certain assumptions. 325 million Americans with devices that drain electricity is certainly true, but what if Bitcoin spread to the whole population, more or less? Is its electricity consumption a limiting factor down the line or not?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.