Debt Rattle October 14 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 14 2020

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Giotto Legend of St Francis, Renunciation of Wordly Goods c.1297-1299   • Google Researcher Warns Google May Be ‘Shifting Power’ to Flip Senate (
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle October 14 2020]

generic
    Participant

I’m not inclined to be one of those passive obedient serfs that feels compelled to vote for either Trump or Biden. Those two cons are engaged in the degradation of the nation and its future.

So I intend to write-in Lincoln Chafee for president and Tulsi Gabbard for vice president.

Chafee was the captain of the wrestling team at Brown University. Even though he had a somewhat privileged upbringing, he decided to become a farrier, went off to learn the trade in Montana, and worked at shoeing horses for seven years. The blacksmith work and dealing with uncooperative horses can be hard physical labor. There is also danger in working under a horse, particularly young race horses. He knows what it’s like to struggle with the risks running an independent small business.

I think of him as something of a man’s man. By contrast, prissy Trump is devoid of any characteristics of manhood.

Chafee served in politics as a mayor, a US senator, and governor of Rhode Island. Voting for any presidential candidate with no experience in the national legislature is usually a bad idea, but Chafee has the legislative experience and executive experience as well. He’s soft spoken and not a great speaker. Chafee is somewhat awkward when required to do self promotion, which is so unlike Trump who does very little else than shameless self promotion. Chafee is not a standard political ideologue, which accounts for him running for office as a Republican, a Democrat, an Independent, and a Libertarian. His rejection by the corrupt political bureaucracies makes him appealing to me. He thinks for himself.

Chafee questioned the evidence for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and was the only Republican in the Senate to vote against the invasion of Iraq because he was the only Republican senator with any common sense. We have a long list of Democrats who voted in favor of the invasion of Iraq, showing that they were totally lacking in common sense and should never be given any position of responsibility. Prominent on that list are the names of Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, and Joe Biden.

Tulsi Gabbard is probably the most hated of candidates as viewed by the Democratic Party bureaucracy. She has been effectively kicked out of the party, just like Dennis Kucinich. Her most emphasized position is one of non-intervention. This is anathema to the Democratic and Republican Parties which are populated with chicken-hawks thoroughly infected with neoconservative lust for war.

Gabbard is heavily criticized for talking to Bashar al-Assad. The US has talked to worse characters than that, and to the advantage of the US. Assad complains rightly about the Sykes Picot agreement leaving him with a nation that is close to ungovernable and requiring the heavy hand of government to maintain order. The British and French created many irresponsible and disastrous situations at the end of WWI to gain their own short term “spheres of influence.”

The world needs much more talking and far less war. Gabbard shows real backbone on this and other issues, and that’s inspiring to see. If Gabbard could get a few years of solid experience in the executive branch and gain a deeper understanding of the issues, she might make an exceptional president one day.

Russia undoubtedly has many internal problems. Never the less, Vladimir Putin and Sergey Lavrov are the only two world leaders I see trying to act like real statesmen on the world stage. Why can’t the US produce statesmen any more? Hillary and Pompeo?…frauds.

I knew twenty years ago that I would never vote for Hillary, Trump, or Biden for president because they are not even the crudest approximation of presidential material. They are viewed around the world as a sign of the collapse of governance indicating that the US is a failed state on a downward trajectory. Electing Biden or Trump is a form of national suicide.

Now, I’m aware that “honest politician” is an oxymoron. But Chafee and Gabbard are the finest examples of common sense, honesty, integrity, maturity, and decency as can be expected to come out of Washington at the present. Those are certainly rare traits in the political leadership today. Chafee and Gabbard are not great experts in military affairs, economics, technology, health care, and so forth, and I don’t know what kind of policies they might pursue. To my continuing frustration, there hasn’t been a competent honest president in the White House in my adult lifetime. So I’m looking around for the candidates with the best character I can find. Right now, that’s Lincoln Chafee and Tulsi Gabbard.

(I see a number of claims that there will be great civil unrest if either Trump or Biden wins. So to avoid a civil war, don’t vote for Trump or Biden.)

John Day
    Participant

@Generic et al: I voted for Tulsi Gabbard for President about 5:50 yesterday afternoon, after standing in a long snaking line in the shade for a little over an hour and a half. Why did I do that? There were 2 places to vote early on my hour bike ride home, and the first one had long snaking lines through a sunny parking lot, so I rode to the second one, with the shade of oak trees.
    Otherwise, my reasoning is similar to yours.
    I am now done with that. I suspect a lot of the other people in line wanted to be done with that.
    I wore my Chairman Mao t-shirt from China. I saw an Ozzie for President T-shirt, and a pretty good Grateful Dead t-shirt with a skeletal Uncle Sam riding a chopper. Everybody was pleasant and polite.
    At least 2/3 of the machines had nobody voting. The bottleneck was at the ID and sign-in stations, just 2 of them. The elderly black lady who told everybody in line how to do it from time to time was the more efficient. Nobody knew how to do a write-in when I asked, but they found out, and told me, and it was easy. I had not done it before. I was going to write-in Cynthia McKinney for VP, but it would still have been the same vote on the same line, my protest-vote.

zerosum
    Participant

Did you hear an echo?

• The Barbarians Are Threatening Us! (Crooke)

“…. we intuit that a way-of-life, a way-of-economics, too, is coming to its end.
    The fear of social upheaval sows distrust. It can produce the spiritual state that Emile Durkheim called anomie, a feeling of being disconnected from society; a conviction that the world around one is illegitimate and corrupt; that you are invisible – a ‘number’; a helpless object of hostile repression, imposed by ‘the system’; a feeling that nobody is to be trusted.”
    “…. those states who disagree with you are not just wrong, but illegitimate and always threatening. They are the barbarians beyond the city walls.”

tony smyth
    Participant

“Mandatory non-medical masks. Which make no difference”. Where do you get this from? They may not be perfect but these masks work if EVERYONE wears them. Lots of countries have done this and kept their corona numbers low. Here in Tokyo there were 155 new cases yesterday, in a city of up to 16 million in daytime ( maybe less now due to some working at home), and 550 cases for the entire nation which has about half the population of the US.

The main way that the virus enters the body is via the nasal passages. You stop this by wearing a mask so that you don’t (unintentionally) give the virus to others. Masks work, and a crowded city like Tokyo, with a large number of old people, most using public transport, and restaurants and sports centres all open (with social distancing). Saying that masks don’t work is nonsense. I see the evidence that contradicts this every day.

Now if the US would just get its act together…..

zerosum
    Participant

Fabrication !!!!!
    Smear campaign?????
    Fact check – Who’s laptop?

According to the Post, the images and correspondence were taken from the hard drive of a laptop that was dropped off at a repair shop in Delaware, and never retrieved. After seeing what was on the hard drive, the owner of the shop copied it, and turned it over to a lawyer connected with former NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani. Giuliani reportedly turned it over to the NY Post over the weekend.
    We imagine the MSM will cover up this report, as is standard practice for any concerning information involving Hunter Biden’s foreign business dealings.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/smoking-gun-emails-show-hunter-biden-introduced-vp-dad-burisma-executive

Dr. D
    Participant

Shows we DO have quality candidates. Many of them. No surprise.

Paint peeling NSFW language. Far, FAR leftist Jimmy Dore is harder on Obama than I am.
    However, still very relevant. As in, why the Left is not motivated to vote despite all.

It’s leaking out that Joe had conventions of 30 individuals in AZ and his home state of PA. That’s worse than Hillary. 12 point lead! Maybe 1,000 points, who knows? You know, with a 1000:1 disparity in Rally attendees. 99.9% chance of DNC landslide, just check the betting odds! (Like ’16) Meanwhile, the 12-point lead polls internally show that Rasmussen and others claim only 75% of Republicans will vote for DJT. While 99% voted for him in the Primaries, GOP registration now equals DNC, and people came out en masse to vote for him in the primary when there was no reason at all.

How did they do that? Pretty easy: they just moved the slider bar to wherever it needed to be to get the results they wanted and CNN or whoever paid for. You know: they were lying. Herr Docktor, wouldn’t that ruin their credibility, their only saleable product? Hahahahahahaha! Yeah, let’s pretend that would happen.

“RussiaRussiaRussia,” “WMD and ties to Al-Qaeda,” “3% death rate for COVID and masks help.” I can’t cure you if you love lies more than oxygen itself. And they do. They love the lies and the liars, more than their nations, more than their towns, more than families, more than themselves. Can I put my daughters on your private jet, sir? You look rich.

Is the election close? Probably, in a way. I bet the voting will come in in the long-term window where the parties are within historic averages. 48-52% popular or something. But if that tips you could have both all swing states and even Blue Siege states collapse like under Reagan + Mondale. Remember under our system a few points can do that, and thanks to the Electoral that they are desperate to erase, no one knows which states to defend, or put another way, which states and people to forever trample and ignore. Of course, there remains an even worse way to do this bad system: with direct popular democracy. So I expect we will try it.

Trample? Surely you exaggerate. “Guillotines, Motherf*cker”: Colorado Democratic Committee Member Caught On Hidden Camera” (Khristopher Jacks) You know, just a month after Bernie Bros said the same thing. Kill everyone. That’s Love and Tolerance of Diversity.

Luckily, “Jacks claims the left is ‘armed and ready to go'” while 90% of all police, military, veterans, hunters, and gun owners are on the “right”, or really ordinary Americans in 95% of U.S. counties, but they would call the “Ultra-Far Right bootlicking Putin-Nazis”. (the article has him using some of this language, nevermind that Russia fought 2/3 of the war and defeated Germany while we couldn’t get American soldiers as far north as Rome.)

Continuing his long interview, “Jacks also condemned moderate Democrats, which he says is ‘half his struggle.’” Just like Jimmy Dore. And then covers the far-left plan to take over and control Biden. Must-see TV. Cause as they’ve been quoted: ‘which is easier to overthrow, a dictator, or a tired old man?’

Anyway, yeah, guillotines for all, they’re going to nuke all subhumans and deplorables (Swalwell) from Pocono to Reno. Been hearing it since the 90’s. Did a pretty good job. Final solution on 30,000+/year with totally authorized opioid injections, still not prosecuted. 10-20 years, that’s some 500,000 deplorables. #Winning. But remember: they’re the bad guys, the Coasts and D.C. are love and light. Unfortunately, unlike special snowflakes, grim flyover children beaten daily for 20 years running get pretty tough. Cesar Flickerman and Jimmy Fallon in Capitol City laugh. Ain’t that a hootenanny! Like a Game. I could watch them suffer and die all day!

Speaking of things we long knew: “Google Researcher Warns Google May Be ‘Shifting Power’ to Flip Senate (NB)” Yeah, George wrote about that back in 1949. It was not an instruction manual.

“Russia Health Watchdog: Shutting Down Economy For COVID19 is Pointless (RT)”
    “Dutch PM Closes Pubs, Restaurants, Cafes As Coronavirus Cases Rise (RT)”

This was amazing a day after the Dutch Health minister said stop. And because when you TEST, you get CASES, you know, cases that have no hospitalizations and no deaths. Like NY. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/new-york-coronavirus-cases.html (live data, cannot imbed)

When will science return? Never: we need Green NeoFeudalism. Carbon-Free by 2025. That’s tomorrow, with no grid.

“Northern Ireland is set to become the first part of the UK to impose a “circuit breaker” lockdown. Tighter restrictions”

You know: because 10 months of lockdowns did f—k-all but kill people via the economy, like the U.N. warned in March and the WHO just told you to stop only yesterday, so of course. They’re so dumb they don’t know what a “Case” is as opposed to a “Death.” Experts! Pull their medical license. Now. No. They’ll pull yours instead, and ’round you up in Australia and “Round up dem Jews!” in NYC.

“UK Hospitality Firms Threaten Legal Action Over Lockdown (BBC)”

They’re small businessmen and not Jeff Bezos so it goes without saying they have to die. And like TN, statistical zero people got it via pubs and gyms, with most deaths from State-run “expert” nursing homes. Obviously. Just like when 19 Sunni Saudis attack your nation, you attack Baathists in Iraq and stay there 100 years. That just goes without saying. Logic!

Trump should have ordered declassification outright.”

He did. Twice. No one does it. And no one is arrested.

“The values of the Millennial and Gen Z generations”

He’s missing that the Y and Z generations have opposite values. Y is to the left of Chairman Mao while Z is the most conservative ever recorded. They are therefore not in favor of taking the world apart.

One-fifth of the world’s countries are at risk of their ecosystems collapsing”

I’m at a loss for what this means. All of New Jersey was clear-cut and paved into strip malls. London did that 500 years ago. Was that a “collapse”? Can people drink water there? Where is the wolf and elk in the Highlands? So it’s good for us, but YOU don’t do it. …and we won’t help you but instead extract gold and lithium from Chile to London and lecture you endlessly. Suck an egg.

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” — Arnold J. Toynbee

Yeah, they might voluntarily and for no scientific reason shut down their entire economy.

Dr. D
    Participant

Tony: 15 or more studies from the CDC since at least 1960, if not 1900, that’s who. Here was yesterday’s same as all the others:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/pdfs/mm6936-H.pdf

Here are the studies on masks over the years, courtesy of American Association of Physicians and Surgeons. https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

Sub-N95 do absolutely, positively, double-blind nothing against 5nm viruses. Never have. They conflate “masks” of a 6-ounce jersey t-shirt with a N95 respirator and also viruses like COVID with many-fold larger bacteria that are not essentially aerosol transmission. On purpose.

But don’t take my word for it, read the CDC data end to end and then ask the question: if that’s their research, and they knew it since 1960, why do they have recommendations for a medical procedure that doesn’t work?

Would that be this?

“The World Health Organization has long encouraged mass tourism and said closing borders wouldn’t stop the spread of Covid-19. A New York Times investigation found this [WHO] policy was never based on science, but instead on politics and economics. https://t.co/bQcZ9Mquu1 — The New York Times (@nytimes) September 30, 2020

Huh.

tony smyth
    Participant

DR D: I don’t care what THEY say, I’m judging by what I see in Tokyo every day. If masks are ineffective then how do you explain such low Covid numbers in Tokyo, one of the worlds largest and most populous cities, one where most people take trains and subways?

Susmarie108
    Participant

@generic and JohnDay:

I understand why you wrote in your preferred candidates; both Tulsi and Chafee are great choices. If you are serious about their potential to lead, then please reach out to both of them – and offer your services (talent, treasure, time) to help them create and facilitate a dialogue and model for the future. Better yet, why not identify and include local leaders who may be seeking a ROADMAP for building the Way forward?

I no longer believe that top-down effort for the change we need is possible. The current systems in place are beyond reform/improvement; the incremental change “solutions” being offered up by those in control will fail. We all know it. So why not focus on the few glimmers of potential in the Senate/House while rebuilding from a local/regional level?

Yesterday’s post by Charles Hugh Smith – “Why We’re Doomed – Our Delusional Faith in Incremental Change” says it all.

“As everything runs to failure, the only acceptable path is to do more of what’s failed spectacularly, a default to low-risk incrementalism that only accelerates the final inevitable collapse. ”

Both Biden and Trump are more of what has failed. However, I believe the Dems have a slight edge on potential in the existing system; the large group of young women they currently have in the House of Representatives (emphasis on Katie Porter) provide optimism. For that reason, my efforts are focused on younger, smart, new Senate and House candidates while I am building mentoring relationships supporting local leaders in my county/region. Until the final failure of current systems, I’m playing in both the old arena and on/in the new frontier.

https://charleshughsmith.blogspot.com/2020/10/why-were-doomed-our-delusional-faith-in.html?m=0

This is from Off-G’s article “Klaus Schwab & His Great Fascist Reset”, which is the most disturbing thing I have ever read on the internet.

” Schwab and Malleret admit that Covid-19 is “one of the least deadly pandemics the world has experienced over the last 2000 years”, adding that “the consequences of COVID-19 in terms of health and mortality will be mild compared to previous pandemics”.[4]
    They add:
    [Covid19] does not constitute an existential threat, or a shock that will leave its imprint on the world’s population for decades.” [4] ”
    But it sure is useful to bring about techno-fascism.

The younger generations are addicted to their phones and will do anything to ensure their tech is safe. “The values of the Millennial and Gen Z generations… not liberation, but security; not freedom, but equality; not individualism, but the safety of the collective; not sink-or-swim meritocracy, but promotion on the basis of social justice… ”
    Un-hunh. Hippies turned into yippies and brought us to the hell exposed in the aforementioned Off-G article.

Without a good understanding of psychology, successful fraud would be impossible. There would be no “pandemic”. There wouldn’t be a Supercollider!

Mr. House
    Participant

@ Tony Smyth

The economy would work and we wouldn’t need bailouts if people would just save money. A man can dream, a man can dream.

Susmarie108
    Participant

@Dr.D: thanks for the Jimmy D. video. I’m with Jimmy – Prez O was a failure for all the reasons he highlights. Michelle and Corporatist Dems failing again.

What is a protest vote? Is there such a thing? Does that mean not voting at all? Does it mean voting for the one you think will bring us down faster? Voting for the least of two evils? Or voting for the one not listed – writing in your choice?

John Day
    Participant

@ Susmarie108: You assume I am doing less than all-I-can-do, Sister.
    I beg to differ. I reach out to candidates as much as I can, lots of people do:
    https://www.johndayblog.com/2020/03/six-billion-doses.html
    I bike commute, serve humans as a public health doctor and grow vegetables at the clinic for my coworkers, and especially for their minds. I grow other gardens. I experiment agriculturally. I practice compassion meditation. I, like you, will soon cease to exist, such as we are.
    Do your best today. Sleep. Repeat.

Bill7
    Participant

> DR D: I don’t care what THEY say, I’m judging by what I see in Tokyo every day.

Pretty sure the person who wrote that is confusing correlation w/ causation.

-Bill7

John Day
    Participant

https://www.johndayblog.com/2020/10/mandatory-suicide.html
    Includes pic of blogger with bike and Mao t-shirt, starting his day yesterday.

How We Institutionalized Incompetence​, Charles Hugh Smith​
    And so we face the ultimate irony: ‘bailing-out-everything’ destroys the entire rotten system.
    ​ ​You’ve probably noticed things no longer work as well as they once did. For example, the store’s online inventory says something is in stock and when you get to the store, it’s not on the shelf. A small issue, but telling nonetheless.
    ​ ​Or you might call a local government agency to get an explanation of how a new fee is calculated, and nobody’s ever available to explain it–or sort out your punitive late fee even though you paid on time.
    ​ ​You’ve probably noticed services cost a lot more now, but the quality has eroded. Sure, it’s easy to blame it all on the pandemic, but quality has been eroding as costs have risen for years.
    https://www.oftwominds.com/blogoct20/incompetence10-20.html

Will Confucius marry Marx?​ Pepe Escobar
    ​ ​Chinese scholar Lanxin Xiang has written a book , The Quest For Legitimacy In Chinese Politics, that is arguably the most extraordinary effort in decades trying to bridge the East-West politico-historical divide…
    ​ ​He identifies two key sources for the Chinese problem: “On the one hand, there is the project of cultural restoration through which Chinese leader Xi Jinping attempts to restore ‘Confucian legitimacy’ or the traditional ‘Mandate of Heaven’; on the other hand, Xi refuses to start any political reforms, because it is his top priority to preserve the existing political system, i.e., a ruling system derived mainly from an alien source, Bolshevik Russia.” ​ ​ Ay, there’s the rub: “The two objectives are totally incompatible”. ​…​
    ​ ​Essentially, the Mandate of Heaven is “an ancient Chinese belief that tian [ heaven, but not the Christian heaven, complete with an omniscient God] grants the emperor the right to rule based on their moral quality and ability to govern well and fairly.”

Will Confucius marry Marx?

It is interesting to observe how for example the main version from Turkish and Azerbaijani sources about the Turkish F-16 jets switched from public denial of their presence to claims that they are not involved directly in the conflict and are just needed to deter Armenian aggression. Reports from the ground and the diplomatic posture of the sides indicate that Azerbaijan, supported by Turkey, is preparing a new military push against Armenian forces in the Nagorno-Karabakh region to consolidate and expand its initial gains before the winter.

Turkey Threatens Armenia With Direct Military Intervention In Karabakh War

​Thanks Marjorie for the Ivermectin/zinc/doxycycline for COVID update:
    ​ Goa’s Chief Minister Pramod Sawant alongside State Health Minister Vishwajit Rane launched the ‘Home Isolation Kit’ to combat COVID-19. Apparently, the Indian state was influenced by Australia’s Dr. Thomas Borody and his combination treatment involving ivermectin and doxycycline (and zinc) targeting SARS-CoV-2, the virus behind COVID. Dr. Tarek Alam at the Bangladesh Medical College has also demonstrated the efficacy of the treatment in a hospital-approved case series study and is now conducting a randomized controlled study in that country. Back to beautiful southwestern India in Goa, calling it a “game-changer,” the Health Minister of this small Indian state is targeting the complete eradication of the virus in a people-centric home-based program.

Goa Game Changer: Indian State’s Health Authority Approves & Distributes Ivermectin & Doxycycline to Treat COVID-19 as Prophylaxis

Nihilism?
    ​ ​Through constant vigilance and some good fortune, astronomers have managed to capture the moment a supermassive black hole in a galaxy 215 million light-years away tore a star apart.
    The so-called ‘tidal disruption event’ (TDE) is the closest such death of a star humanity has ever witnessed.
    ​ ​Astronomers were alerted by the intense flash of light, visible hundreds of millions of light years away, just before parts of the star disappeared into the black hole’s event horizon after being ‘spaghettified’ by the immense gravity.
    https://www.rt.com/news/503240-black-hole-devours-entire-star/

Mr. House
    Participant

Sing it with me folks “keep pushing back those goal posts, never concede that you’re wrong, keep pushing back those goal posts, and force everyone to get along”

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/bill-gates-warns-world-wont-return-normal-until-second-generation-covid-19-super

Susmarie108
    Participant

@JohnDay: I did not mean to infer that you were not doing enough. My point was to say that reaching out by calling Congressional field offices has a place in the mix. Tulsi’s team back home would appreciate your input.

Clearly your contributions here at TAE reveal a LOVING Heart – your community is fortunate to have the direct benefit of your valuable and meaningful presence in action.

John Day
    Participant

Thanks Susmarie108
    I am not doing “enough”. I’m just doing all that I can do.
    I’m getting a vanity-rush. uh, where do you live?
    Just joking! (gasp)

Perhaps we should turn this around. Perhaps Tony can explain why he thinks that a virus of this size…

(SARS-CoV-2 has a diameter between 0.06 and 0.14 microns. Medical N95 masks — which are considered the most effective — can filter particles as small as 0.3 microns. – Debt Rattle October 12)

… can be stopped by masks with holes 100 or 1000 times that size. As I said then, N95 (KN95 -Asia-, FFP2 -EU-) masks do stop at least droplets, but that’s it. Anything less appears to be useless. Why have a mask on if the virus can move right through? I said many times that it’s not that masks in general do no good, but you have to have the right masks. They’re few and far between though. A huge failure on the part of many governments. Why promote non-medical masks? Because after 9 months, you still don’t have a supply of medical ones. It”s all about TV, about appearances.

As I said yesterday, I bought (K)N95 masks for the social kitchen crew here in Athens because it’s the best I can do, Found a local website that links to multiple companies that import them from Asia. Not perfection, but …

Bill7 appears to be be right with his correlation vs causation point. I’m not in Tokyo, and have no idea what goes on there, but I’m sure strapping your underwear in front of your face, which is what “non-medical masks” means, does exceedingly little good.

Susmarie108
    Participant

Regarding the Giotto art of the day:

From the WebGalleryofArt:This is the fifth of the twenty-eight scenes (twenty-five of which were painted by Giotto) of the Legend of Saint Francis. When Francis’ father accuses his son before the episcopal tribune of squandering his fortune, Francis returns to him even the clothes he is wearing, and repudiates him. Giotto illustrates this sensational public separation, which signifies the decisive step towards the saint’s future life of poverty, by means of the two groups of people on opposite sides. The buildings further reinforce the gulf between the two worlds.

What is RENUNCIATION? What role does it play in modern life, if any? People of today rarely “walk the talk”, their actions (deeds) are not in alignment with their thoughts and words. Who today is willing to give up any worldly comforts to prove the integrity of their intentions?

Susmarie,

Different times, different customs. And Francis must have been a remarkable guy. But it’s all covered in a sauce of what the Catholic church found appealing, which is why and how he got paid, but something we no longer recognize as especially valid. The Catholic church was the US of its time.

The buildings further reinforce the gulf between the two worlds.

What strikes me in the Giotto series is the city buildings, To me they look as if they could have been painted in 1900, but he did them 600 years earlier.

“Without documents certifying the authorship of the frescoes of the Legend, art historians have decided to compare this series with what is known as Giotto’s top work: his frescoes in the so-called “Arena Chapel,” also known as the Scrovegni Chapel, in which a similar cycle is found. The stylistic differences between the frescoes found in the Scrovegni Chapel in Padua and those one finds in Assisi, specialists affirm, cannot be simply attributed to the evolution of the artist, and it has practically been ruled out that Giotto is the author of the Legend of St. Francis, in Assisi.”
    From this website.

I recall this dispute from way back in college.

Golly! The word is highlighted but the link doesn’t work. I must be getting close.
    aleteia is the name of the site.

oxymoron
    Participant

If psychology is the study of the mind then Buddha and Jesus were obviously engaged in fraudulent fields of study according to Taleb

zerosum
    Participant

Problem:
    Airline around the world a begging, threatening, to be given billions of dollars.
    Tell the your gov. not to give them money.
    Passengers traffic will not increase enough to save the travel industry.
    Solution:
    Give $2,000 travel vouchers to pensioners reporting less than $20,000 on their income tax.

John Day
    Participant

@oxymoron: There are different, potentially valid approaches to studying anything. The mind is kind of squirmy, and hard to study, as you may have notices. Jesus, Buddha, Freud, Jung, Skinner, Pavlov; there’s lots of room to study whatever you call “mind”.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

@tony smyth

No matter what you say, you are unlikely convince bill7 or Dr.D. While it seems obvious to you in Japan, and to me in Korea, and to V.Arnold in Thailand, that masks make a difference, for some, seeing is not believing.

How do they explain the very low transmission rates in densely-populated Asia? They offer no explanation. Maybe they think that Asians are more hygienic? Or that they have superior genes? Or maybe they think it is because of the diet? I have been waiting to hear a non-mask explanation, but so far nothing but crickets . . .

wdt
    Participant

>Or maybe they think it is because of the diet? I have been waiting to hear a non-mask explanation
    It has been noted that in Japan there is quite high intake of Iodine,,
    possibily close to reasonable maximum
    Maybe???

Bill7
    Participant

The pro-maskie, anti-human folks comport well with Bill Gates, Klaus Schwab, and the rest of the “we need a vax-seen!” corporofascists.. “it’s just a mask.. it’s just for a week/month/year/decade; oops, there go all your
    civil liberties, we’re *so* sorry!”

Big hard pass, thanks.

-Bill7

Bill7
    Participant

If the last comment was not clear enough: masks are dehumanizing, ineffective against their *purported* targets, as has been well pointed out by other commenters here for some time. Those supporting their use are,
    for *whatever curious reason*, now on the Dark, Corporate Side..

Mister Roboto
    Participant

{sigh} Libertarians will likely be the death of us all. But perhaps it’s what we deserve for constructing an entire society around the cult of the individual.

Bill7
    Participant

Mr. Roboto on the Langley VA late-watch, it seems. I’m guessing the pay is still good for now. Ahh, Flexians..

“‘Cases are soaring!” So where are they? Always, always, always *somewhere else*.

Bill7
    Participant

Final word for the evening: the pervasive and omnipresent OMG COVID19!! fear-porn narrative feels *just like*
    when we were being pushed into the second Iraq war in 2003.. the stakes for all the citizenries are much higher now, though:

“Where’s your bioPassport/dailyCovidPass!/dailyDNAreading/temperatureTest, and so on

should be fine™

tony smyth
    Participant

Bill7: You STILL haven’t offered an explanation as to why countries where all the population wear masks have low numbers of Covid cases and deaths, and countries with many non-mask wearing areas ( The UK and the US in particular) have massively more cases of Covid. Ranting on about Gates and Corporofacists is no argument.
    Lets deal in verifiable FACTS shall we? Japan has far less covid cases than the Anglo-Saxon countries and has had right from the beginning. In Taiwan, Korea and Japan people still work, go to restaurants, sports centres, cinemas etc. Sure, there are certain restraints with social distancing but life has not ground to a halt. By NOT wearing masks and washing hands you are creating more death and misery and wrecking your economy. Contrast Japan with the US: COVID-19 is continuing to cripple the economy as 60% of US businesses that have been shut since the start of the coronavirus pandemic won’t ever reopen, according to the latest Economic Impact Report by Yelp. That ain’t due to ‘cryptofascism’ ( whatever the fuck that is): it is due to idiots being inconsiderate to others.
    A society that works together can handle this outbreak, its the ones that are divided that are suffering the most. The US and the UK are suffering from SELF INFLICTED WOUNDS.

Average number of daily cases in the US: 100,000
    Average number of daily cases in Japan: 681

₿oogaloo
    Participant

@Bill7

I also wonder why you associate masks with the mandatory vaccine camp. These are different issues. I am with you on the vaccine issue.

As Chris Martenson articulately explains in his most recent videos over the last 2-3 weeks, the pandemic is most likely over. Yes, there are still a lot of cases, but people are not getting as sick as they were in March and April. Viral loads are much lower. Cheap and effective treatments are available. Covid is now a manageable disease. The WHO and CDC continue to misinform, and refuse to do the proper research on various “antiviral cocktails” that use cheap drugs like Ivermectin, Hydroxychlorquine and other well known compounds, but that research is ongoing in India, Bangladesh, and other parts of the world. Yes, there are some evil people hoping to get rich off a vaccine, and others trying to cripple the economy for political purposes until the election. But this has absolutely nothing to do with wearing masks.

Bill7
    Participant

Who used the term “cryptofascism”, dear tony smyth, or are you deliberately misquoting me? The use of “fuck” in your verbiage is another late-neolib (you Dems love that epithet, for some reason; maybe you’re thinking you sound powerful that way? heh!) tell, btw: do rid yourself of it, posthaste, to be taken at all seriously..

A question: how are you defining “cases” of COVID19™, and are you confident that they’re being attributed accurately in the two instances you quote? I live on the California coast of USA, and have yet to have, meet, know of, or hear of *anyone* who’s been afflicted by the apparent scourge-of-the-very-earth! ZOMG!! COVID-19!!!.

But I’m talking to a shill, gotta remember..

Bill7
    Participant

‘Boogaloo’: how are you presently defining “cases” of COVID-19?

Thanks.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

@Bill7

Happy to answer your question. Will you please repay the courtesy and answer mine?

Here in Korea, anyone who tests positive is regarded as an active case. Here, they do not tell people to stay at home, eat chicken soup, and only go to the hospital if they have trouble breathing. This virus attacks multiple organs, not just the lungs. So the response is a much higher degree of caution. Korea can still afford that give the small number of cases. That would be a luxury we could not afford if we had 50,000 new cases per day.

Now, if not masks, what is your explanation for why cases in Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Thailand are so much lower than in the West?

John Day
    Participant

@Boogaloo: Thank You. Well comported, sir.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.