Debt Rattle October 15 2014

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 15 2014

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

John Vachon Rear of grocery store in Baltimore Jul 1938 • BIS Warns On ‘Violent’ Reversal Of Global Markets (AEP) • No Happy Ending for Investors in C
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle October 15 2014]

Carried over from yesterday’s Debt Rattle:

diogenes, there’s no such thing as a full width for youtube. you simple set the width on the clip page and then copy the embed code. 480px is fine here.

as for your other suggestions, I’m not sure I understand

V. Arnold
    Participant

Oh come on. There is no way this will end well.
    Kunstler and his ilk aside, this won’t be an attack that instantly wipes everything to shit.
    It’s a painfully long slog to, what?
    The fact is nobody knows, but by paying careful attention to the here and now, one may just get the drift, the direction, and adapt to the indicated direction.
    Our ability at adaptation is one of our strong points (always has been).
    It would seem logical to not be too densely packed together.
    It may usher in a whole new definition of freedom, no?

jal
    Participant

Here is one that I like.

“President Barack Obama’s administration, which had resisted private financing of public works, is starting a new center to serve as a one-stop shop for bringing capital into government projects. During a Sept. 9 infrastructure conference with investors, U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew said while direct federal spending is indispensable in such cases, tight budgets demand creative ways for unlocking private money.”

Who has money/access to low interest loans?
    Who wants to make money work for them?

I’m sure that the rich of ancient civilizations used their accumulated food wealth/surpluses/money/gold to feed their lowly paid workers/slaves to build infrastructures that would increase their cash flow.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Ilargi: Regarding my suggestions on this site’s format, I have reconsidered. What I was advocating for too-much resembled a free speech zone and divorced the direct relationship between your posts and our comments. Sorry to waste everybody’s time. Had to stub my toe to notice that the chair has legs.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

With respect to my position on Ebola, I’m increasingly realizing that I’m not alone.

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/10/14/ebola-very-crafty-false-flag-vaccination-blackmail/

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Error / comment retracted
    -D.Shrugged

Raleigh
    Participant

Ilargi – “Scared yet? What’s with the protocol?” What’s really scaring me the most is what appears to be the incompetence exhibited by the so-called professionals. Instead of trying to gear up every hospital to fight this thing, where there’s always going to be slip-ups because you’ve never run into this type of thing before (this is not MRSA), any patient with Ebola should be immediately moved to one facility where there are crews of people who do know what they’re doing.

When Mr. Duncan was taken by ambulance to the hospital on September 28th, the ambulance attendants were warned and they suited up. I’m hoping that the hospital staff did the same thing. But the face masks the nurses and doctors are wearing could be a real problem if this disease is capable of being transferred via aerosol droplets. They probably should be wearing respirators. That’s why I think that these patients should be flown to one hospital that is geared up for this disease and knows what they’re doing.

From what I’m reading, it appears the disease is most deadly the farther along the patient is. I’m sure the second nurse did not infect anyone on the plane she flew on (although she should have been restricted from doing so). Why take the chance? I just hope she’s the last one.

The first nurse appears now to be in “good” condition, perhaps because of the blood transfusion she received from an Ebola survivor. I hope the second nurse can get the same treatment, if her blood type matches.

I’m surprised Tom Frieden, Director of the CDC, still has his job.

Raleigh
    Participant

Interesting article from another doctor (Kent Brantly’s boss) re Kent Brantly’s condition (dying) before ZMapp and after, although he also received blood from an Ebola survivor. Hard to know what saved him.

“He called Brantly’s wife, Amber, who is a nurse, and told her things looked dire.

“I told her, ‘Amber, he’s in very bad condition. I’m very, very concerned.’ I never said he was dying because I was trying to be tactful, but she knew. And Kent knew he was dying. We never talked about it, but he’s a great doctor. He knew.” […]

About half an hour after the treatment started, Brantly began to shake uncontrollably, a sign known clinically as rigors.

“I’m certain that was the antibodies saturating and overwhelming the virus,” Plyler says.

After a while, the rigors subsided. Brantly’s temperature came down. His breathing became more regular. A rash that had spread across his torso became less intense. Within hours, Brantly got up and walked to the bathroom, which he had not done in a day and a half.”

https://www.webmd.com/news/20140912/saving-kent-brantly?page=2

Raleigh
    Participant

Paul Farrell’s description of the Earth sounds like Ebola:

“The planet’s natural resources gradually disappear as temperatures rise. Water gets scarce. Desert lands replace forests and rich farmlands. Food supplies depleted. The planet is dying.”

We are the Earth’s virus.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ Raleigh
    We are the Earth’s virus.

While dramatic, I think you have it exactly backwards.
    Gaia, the living organism called earth, will destroy us. We cannot possibly destroy the earth. We’re just not that omnipotent.
    Without us humans, or at least a dramatically reduced population, the earth (Gaia) will do just fine.
    Gaia will always seek an equilibrium and adjust accordingly.
    Regardless the ravages of climate change (an extremely human centric event), Gaia will find a way back to stasis that will have nothing to do with “us”.
    The spice must flow, so-to-speak… 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.