Debt Rattle October 17 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle October 17 2020

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Self portrait with palette 1906   • Battleground State Polling Shows Tighter Race Than National Polls (JTN) • AOC, House Progressiv
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle October 17 2020]

riesterm
    Participant

Ilargi: Been thinking this the last week or so; Your posts are the first thing I read each day. I value your perspective. I’ve always valued Nicole’s viewpoint, too. But for a while now, it seems that Nicole’s facebook posts concerning Trump are hyper-critical and I’m trying to grok what’s going on here. I appreciate your effort to explain this. Thanks.

riesterm,

I’m not exactly sure what happened but I know Nicole joined the anti-Trump train, which I started to find far too one-sided and biased 5 years ago. She was reading a lot of Seth Abramson stuff, a rabid anti-Trumper. Last contact, and that was quite a while back, was when she commented on something I wrote with: “Not one word you write is true”. And thought it made no sense to react to that, because none of my reaction would be true either. I find it ridiculous that opinions about US politics should drive such a wedge between friends, but that was not my choice.

zerosum
    Participant

“Its a smear campaign” – Biden
    In lalaland, the FBI does not lie /S

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&insightstoken=bcid_SKG4W5GYIO0Btw*ccid_obhbkZgg&form=ANCMS1&iss=SBIUPLOADGET&selectedindex=0&id=1714210239&ccid=obhbkZgg&exph=600&expw=501&vt=2&sim=11

Hunter’s lawyer calls the repair shop and demands the laptop back, thereby confirming the laptop belongs to Hunter. Smiling face with open mouth and smiling eyes.

photos of the Delaware federal subpoena detailing the request for the laptop’s seizure.
    HOW COME the subpoena, signed by clerk of the court, for Lesley F. Wolf, December 09 2019, has the serial # s of the laptop and external hard drive if they did not inspect those items before and hid the info that was on it.
    ——
    Problem:
    Airline around the world a begging, threatening, to be given billions of dollars.
    Tell the your gov. not to give them money.
    Passengers traffic will not increase enough to save the travel industry.
    Solution:
    Give $2,000 travel vouchers to pensioners reporting less than $20,000 on their income tax.
    —–
    intraparty brawl
    Popcorn is not fattening if you omit the butter.
    —–
    long covid

Counting long covid in children

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/long-covid-symptoms-hospitalised-long-haulers-three-months-study-b693848.html

On 7 September, a study reported up to 60,000 people in the UK have been suffering from long-Covid for more than three months.
    Parents reported that their children experienced fatigue, general gastrointestinal issues, sore throats, headaches, and muscle pain or weakness. Other symptoms included fevers, nausea, mood changes, rashes, dizziness, breathing difficulties and cognitive blunting.

riesterm
    Participant

Ilargi, I appreciate your candor regarding differences between you and Nicole. It rather furthers my intuitive sense that the results of the election will be a mess made further worse by pandemic woes.

Keep up the good work. I enjoy and support your efforts and find it hysterically funny when you run the Tucker clips: That’s how upside down the landscape has become, it seems.

Susmarie108
    Participant

Notice the difference – when examining the records and translating their meaning – of Amy Coney Barrett and her future potential impact on the Supreme Court vs Kamala Harris and her potential impact on the country as VP or President. How nasty we are depends upon which side you’re on. Both women are accomplished and both have potential for the future.

Unlike Pelosi, both women are of a younger generation. They will move forward in a different way – and make an impact that will be felt to our core. Let’s let them lead.

The days of Pelosi, Feinstein, and Hillary (to name a few) are coming to a close. Just like RBG who could not let go to insure an Obama nominated replacement, these women do more damage to their accomplishments by hanging on. Why not go gracefully into the night?

zerosum
    Participant
    Susmarie108
    Participant

Many women are natural collaborators, coordinators, cooperators. Their efforts to facilitate change on a local level, from the ground-up, are the most common – and potent. This article from The Intercept is a beautiful demonstration of women in positive action. (Even the pictures are powerful).

“Khaddit Beirut’s vision sets it in direct opposition to the dynamics of partisanship, dependency, and corruption that have defined Lebanese politics for the last 30 years. Geha and her colleagues posit a “big picture” that would overwrite the current, sectarian system — an alternative that poses both danger and hope. “We won’t get through this without the entire community working together — our fates are intertwined,” said Geha. “This makes the government nervous.” The more civil society rises to the task, the riskier the work becomes. “It’s one thing to say we hate our politicians — and it’s another thing to show that we have the abilities within our community to solve these problems without them,” she added. “That’s when they really start pushing back.”

If women had been in the majority in politics over time, would the outcome(s) to crisis have been different? When/where has this ever been the case – women completely dominating politics of a country? I am not confident that the next gen women leaders like Amy Barrett and Kamala Harris can transform the system – as top down solutions are only one half of the answer. If we work it from both ends we might have a chance.

Link to article:
    https://theintercept.com/2020/10/17/beirut-explosion-aftermath-recovery/

Susmarie108
    Participant

After reading/contemplating the Intercept article mentioned above, I can’t help but see that the devastating blast in Beirut is a metaphor for the “no one left behind” financial blow coming our way in 2021/22.

Geppetto
    Participant

Keep dreamin’ SusieMarie . It may happen someday but not with Kamala or even AOC for that matter. Just my opinion though.

https://www.blackagendareport.com/useful-tool-kamala-heartbeat-away-harris

Kamala IS Pelosi, Feinstein and Hillary. AOC thinks at a far too young age that she knows it all.

Mr. House
    Participant

“AOC thinks at a far too young age that she knows it all. ”

Or she’s just lying

Mr. House
    Participant

AOC is theater, pure and simple. And she’s easy on the eyes.

We’re amusing ourselves to death.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Funny how consistently it seems to be the case that one’s investment in being on the anti-Trump train seems to correspond rather neatly with one’s attachment to the interests of the professional-managerial class. I don’t like Trump at all, but I was never part of the “Orange Man Bad” crowd because right around the time Trump’s star was rising in 2015, I was starting to realize how sick I was of the PMC and all their self-serving BS.

anticlimactic
    Participant

MH17

The previous 30 flights of MH17 were over southern Ukraine so how and why was it redirected over Donetsk by Kiev?

Did the pilots just follow orders from Kiev? The Dreamliner aircraft has a facility for the CIA to take control in case of hijack so did they fly it there? [For MH370 the CIA said the pilot had disabled this facility!]

The recording from Kiev air traffic control could answer this but it was seized by Ukrainian authorities. Possibly the black box voice recording could answer this. The recording was recovered by the UK but never released.

Some experts think MH17 was attacked by an air-to-air missile, which failed to destroy it, and then was finished off by machine gun. Again, the cockpit voice recording could answer this.

Kiev knew that the rebels had a BUK launcher but did not realise they did not have the other equipment needed to actually fire and hit a target.

I assume this is why they needed to invent a story where Russia was somehow to blame. Russia would have needed advance notice that the aircraft would be over Donetsk so would have needed collaboration from Kiev!

As I have mentioned before, any missile leaves a very visible trail so someone would have noticed a BUK missile being launched.

The Western version of events simply does not make sense.

Mr. House
    Participant

“The Western version of events simply does not make sense.”

And haven’t ever since the year 2000

Mr. House
    Participant

Bill7
    Participant

anticlimactic said:

> Did the pilots just follow orders from Kiev? The Dreamliner aircraft has a facility for the CIA to take control in case of hijack so did they fly it there?

MH17 was not a Dreamliner: it was a 777 (as was the unfortunate MH370, for that matter). A Dreamliner is a 787. Odd, how curiously unlucky that particular airline has been..

-Bill7

zerosum
    Participant

Democrats do not lie /s
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/full-story-behind-hunters-laptops-debunks-latest-russia-conspiracy-theory#comment_stream

Full Story Behind Hunter’s Laptop Debunks Latest Russia Conspiracy Theory
    To wit, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, who swore on National television that he had evidence Trump was colluding with Russia – now says that President Trump is handing the Kremlin a “propaganda coup from Vladimir Putin.”
    On CNN, Intelligence Committee chair Adam Schiff says New York Post Hunter Biden story ‘comes from the Kremlin.’ Anchor seems to agree. Would be more persuasive if they provided evidence that 1) story is false, and 2) it ‘comes from the Kremlin.’

Any news outlet that is publishing the damnable lie that John Paul is part of some subversive effort to interfere in the United States Presidential election is on notice. That is slander and defamation. Fortunately, the evidence from Hunter Biden’s computer is in the hands of the FBI and Rudy Giuliani and, I suspect, the U.S. Senate. Those with the power to do something must act. John Paul Mac Issac’s honor is intact. We cannot say the same for those government officials who have a duty to deal with this information.

Bill7
    Participant

Mr House said:

>AOC is theater, pure and simple. And she’s easy on the eyes.

Indeed; as with the rest of The Squad™. Dems hoping to rope in a few more rubes, with a Fresh New Look..

It’s not workin’

a kullervo
    Participant

@Susmarie108

Greetings,

My apologies for raining on your parade but women will never dominate, politically or elsewhere:

1 – Women are physically weaker (less muscular strength) than men, therefore unable to enforce any resolutions upon men if said resolutions would go against men’s best interests. Women can try to overcome this by turning men against men (as they usually try to do) but, albeit small victories, as a long term strategy it is bound to fail.

2- On average, women are less bright than men (and, oh boy, are men stupid). Of course there are very wise women, as well as very wise men, but the number of wise people is never enough to buckle the mediocrity trend.

3 – Adding to the previous points, women are able to muster a potent mixture of envy and hate which they’ll use to drag down – and eventually destroy – any woman who rises above mediocrity, either by talent, beauty or smarts (you know, the “crab-in-a-barrel” thing).

You go now to work on the betterment of the sisterhood.

Best regards.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

@a kullervo: Fred Reed of “Fred On Everything” infamy iss of the opinion that men have a greater intellectual range while women have a greater emotional range. That means, according to his theory, that the smartest men tend to be smarter than the smartest women, and also the dumbest men tend to be dumber than the dumbest women. By emotional range, he means that woman can be a lot more caring and compassionate than men but are also a hell of a lot meaner than men when roused to long-term anger. YMMV

zerosum
    Participant

Full Story Behind Hunter’s Laptop Debunks Latest Russia Conspiracy Theory

ménage à trois
    Who took pictures/video of the action?

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/senate-homeland-committee-demands-answers-fbi-over-hunter-biden-laptop

Michael Reid
    Participant

@ a-kullervo,
    I am a man and for most of my life a very dominant man. Men usually can always dominate women physically and this may have been the history of our existence but acting on this is simply wrong. All souls need to be respected and relationships need to be negotiated so all are satisfied and embrace a path forward otherwise there it is not a pleasant existence. Sure history is slavery and maybe that’s where we are heading again but there is so much more possible with mutual consent. This in my opinion the correct way to think of this issue. Certainly barbarism will eventually arrive again but it is not a positive way forward.

zerosum
    Participant

@ V. Arnold
    Are you hearing anything that we don’t hear?
    Will Thailand survice?
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/10/14/thailand-protesters-set-off-on-march-in-bangkok
    Clashes at Thailand anti-government protests in Bangkok
    Demonstration is the latest in three months as protesters challenge establishment forces in the army and palace.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ V. Arnold
    Are you hearing anything that we don’t hear?

I’ve been here through 2 coups, red shirt/yellow shirt demonstrations and violence, and various less serious student demonstrations.
    Plus, one must look at Thailands long history of uphevals. There have been 18(?) coups since the 1932 constitution declaring Thailand a constitutional monarchy.
    To put some context to the present and recent past; most of this happens in Bangkok. Without the news, most of us living outside of BKK would have no idea what, if anything is going on.
    Situation normal; all fouled up…SNAFU
    😉
    I would add that the open (public) challenge to the monarchy is a disturbing, new twist, and may portend future trouble. Neither my wife or myself have seen this before…
    We’ll see…

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ zerosum
    Hope that answered your question, which was a good question.
    The situation here is not resolved; the anti-monarch movement is not a new phenomenon, just not previously in the public view;
    normally, only discussed in private…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.