Debt Rattle September 21 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle September 21 2019

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Paul Gauguin The Seine in Paris 1875   • United States Sending Troops To Bolster Saudi Defenses After Attack (R.) • Trump Says He’s Sanctioning I
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle September 21 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Paul Gauguin The Seine in Paris 1875

Aboslutely fantastic painting…I just love it…
    The sky, the river, the barge at its off-loading destination; the cranes; all of it…

Dr. D
    Participant

Does this mean Medium is a real media company, reporting true things?

Maybe, let’s not jump to conclusions. Neuman has been egregious, but he was protected ponzi-finance for years, untouchable like Uber, Tesla, etc, and suddenly one day their cover is lifted. Why?

Well let’s look the other direction: yesterday story says WeWork only exists because of one investor, overbidding by tens of billions 4x times in a row, on no news, no reason. Puffing the ponzi? Blackmail? Anyway, SoftBank is the one on the hook, and with it, Saudi investments equal to their defense budget, one of the largest in the world. If you were going to take down SoftBank, Saudi, etc, and start a financial domino, you could find no better place to stick in the prybar and attack.

Over and over, these guys don’t look like they’re preventing a financial reset, they look like they’re CAUSING one. And with Repos, protecting the United States so the money floods here and we go down last.

“The Men Who Plundered Europe’: Bankers On Trial For Siphoning €60bn (G.)”

Sadly, this is just one of hundreds, many of which were larger. The “Crime of the Century” is really in Fed’s Cede and Company and the failures to deliver. Over and over, more stock exists in the trade books than was ever issued by the companies – like 50% more – and that is given to naked short sellers and even for fake voting rights and corporate control. Has been for 20+ years. Every minute. Every day. And that may pale in the failure-to-deliver in bonds, where they have double and triple sold – counterfeited trillions – using the same methods. But if somebody goes to jail we can call it a start.

“In the longer-term, we need to change the game.”

Yes, because of the fraud, they need a financial reset and debt restructure. They wanted a world war to hide that, but aren’t getting one.

“Hopes For Trade Breakthrough Fade As China Cancels US Farm Visits (R.)”

Maybe, but China apparently has already cracked. Hitting Trump in the farm belt, they went worldwide, only to realize long before spring the rest of the world doesn’t have any food. You trade with the U.S. or starve. So they already started buying again.

zerosum
    Participant

• Trump Says He’s Sanctioning Iran’s National Bank (Hill)

Great PLAN! Are you sure????

What happens after you win?
    What will be the cost after you win?

Who will dig the graves for millions of Iranians?

——-
    WHISTLEBLOWERS

• France Rejects Edward Snowden’s Asylum Request, Fears Major Fallout With US

• Julian Assange: Justice Denied (Sagir)

Former Vice President Joe Biden called Friday for the release of the transcript of President Donald Trump’s call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky as well as the whistleblower’s testimony, so the American people can “judge for themselves.”

EQUAL JUSTICE FOR ALL!!!

anticlimactic
    Participant

SAUDI

Saudi Arabia has 88 Patriot missile systems as well as a cutting edge radar system specifically to detect low flying objects like drones or cruise missiles.

It is bizarre that the US in their madness to blame Iran are saying that none this equipment was of any use!

Looking at pictures of the drones they are far too small to have travelled any distance – not from Iran OR Yemen. They look like they would fit in to a shipping container. The same could be said for the missiles. Attacking locally means less chance of detection or interception.

If the drone operators were close to the plant connected to the drone by, say, a video feed then they should be able to accurately target the facility. This gives a low-tech method of attacking the targets which would require a very hi-tech method if done from a large distance.

Intel for choosing the targets should be easy as many oil workers in Saudi are Shias who are not fond of the government.

There is no reason to doubt it was done by the Houthis, as claimed.

Conversely, there is no way those devices were launched from any great distance!

John Day
    Participant

http://www.johndayblog.com/2019/09/green-work-deal.html
    Any actual sustainable human economy will involve small-holder subsistence farming as it’s foundation. It is really efficient at meeting human needs for food, activity, meaningful livelihood, social engagement and cooperation, and it is how we all got here over the past several thousand years. Fossil fuel fired industrialization is a blip. Anybody can learn to do things easier, but it’s a one way street, and we’re near the end.
    That’s my thesis.
    We are deeply ill-at-ease because we sense that things are unstable, won’t last, and we can’t see how to prepare for what is next.
    We can see, actually, but we know we can’t do the work needed to live like Chinese farmers did for thousands of years, on the same little family farms.
    It is reassuring to be told that trillions of dollars will be spent on a Green New Deal, allowing us to have a better and eco-friendly standard of living.
    “You can’t get there from here” might be the best answer, because all of those projections omit what it takes to accomplish them, and overlook our recent past performance, as well.
    We just added solar and wind power onto everything else. It’s actually really hard to replace natural gas fired power plants with anything, except hydroelectric, and that has all been spoken for.
    It requires fossil fuels and mines to make solar panels, wind turbines and batteries. All the minerals to make batteries will run out way before we get enough batteries, and we already have a problem with used batteries, which will become huge.
    Did you grow up in a world where not every family had a car, and nobody had air conditioning yet? I started there, and wonder how I could cope without the AC in Texas these days, though we all did in those days. It was hard to sleep at night in the summer. Those box fans only do so much. School classrooms had really big fans and open windows, and let out for the summer.
    Less, a whole lot less, less than any of us remember, unless we have traveled to “poor countries”; that’s what we will have to work with.
    We can make preparations now, prepare ourselves, prepare our gardens, repair our bicycles and ride them for at least a few hours per week, maybe figure out how to get groceries home…
    That’s not making the jump, but it is getting into a position to understand it better. It’s possible.
    Look for the Green New Deal to start advertising “Green Job Guaranty” instead of “universal income”. That will be the marker for something real.
    A further thought came to me this morning in the okra rows: Rulers don’t really need the consent of ALL of the ruled.
    Rulers do need full cooperation from the productive workers, though.
    What will be the necessary productive work in 2029?
    Okra will be part of it, I think. I’ve got lots of okra right now.

V. Arnold
    Participant

It’s interesting; I live at 13°N Latitude and lived for the first 14 yeas without AC. I first worked in an American toy factory, no AC (except in the office), and then taught for 5 years at a government school, with no AC; even in the office.
    Summer temps 36°c – 43°c.
    After I turned 72 we got AC for the home. That was just more than 2 years ago.
    There are ways to deal with the heat and good fans are key to that.
    Surrounding ones home with shade trees and grasses like Ya Malaysia (sorry, don’t know the English name) which is heat tolerant and needs less water than Kentucky blue grasses.
    As it is, we only used the air sparingly and can’t remember the last time we turned it on (it’s the rainy season now).

Doc Robinson
    Participant

V. Arnold,
    Ya Malaysia grass is also known as carpet grass, or Louisiana grass, or some other names, according to this book —
    CRC World Dictionary of Medicinal and Poisonous Plants: Common Names … By Umberto Quattrocchi

V. Arnold
    Participant

Doc Robinson

Thanks. I’m surprised it’s not common in the U.S.; or is it?
    Very low maintenance and really keeps the ground temperatures from getting too hot.
    It’s also great on bare feet…

John Day
    Participant

@V.Arnold.
    I like Thailand, too, and have traveled there with and without AC. The worst heat stress was India, central India in late May 1988, and the monsoon rains were not there yet. It was really draining, and we were young and lean, then.
    One thing I really liked about living in Hawaii (rural, Big Island) was just being able to live with the windows open. Thailand is often that way, though Southern Thailand is different from Chiang Mai…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.