Things November 1 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Things November 1 2019

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Salvador Dali Landscape near Cadaques 1921   • ‘Nothing Illegal In Trump-Zelensky Call’ – NSC’s Tim Morrison (ZH) • Voters In Key Battleground St
    [See the full post at: Things November 1 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Salvador Dali Landscape near Cadaques 1921

How can it be not lovely; there’s a sailboat… 😉

V. Arnold
    Participant

Ilargi; stick with the Debt Rattle; it’s you!
    Presently, you seem lost without it; hard to follow after all these years.
    Debt Rattle: Post however/whenever you please.
    You’re an artist; how possibly, can you produce on demand? Only a slave does that!
    You have had a long and by all measure; successful run; keep the majic going as you always have……….

VA,

I’m just trying to make it less of a straight-jacket.

V. Arnold
    Participant

I’m just trying to make it less of a straight-jacket.

My point exactly…

oxymoron
    Participant

I want you to do it without the straight-jacket, You got the fire in the belly Ilargi,don’t get burn’t out by it. But don’t you dare stop finding this news! With what has happened with Assange I already feel that the media landscape is doomed – like forests and alluvial soils.

You gotta hang in there but just don’t push yourself too hard. Julian would thank you for it.
    No pressure though ha ha…

Dr. D
    Participant

Add news:

As $130B a night (with only a minimum, no maximum) is no longer filled, we see the Fed solution: “There’s a cash shortage? We’ve got the solution! Just go to zero cash reserves! You know all that money we made you keep in case of emergency? Yeah, just get rid of it. What could possibly go wrong with geniuses like us in charge?” So…zero cash reserves on the horizon. But as this continues to expand — although not in the overnight REPOs — that will be eaten soon too. What then, Herr Powell?

Then? They’ve already said they will not have overNIGHT Repos, no, no no. That’s for pikers. We’re going to go unlimited interDAY Repos. So, you need $130B for 30 minutes at 9am? Gotcha. You need $100Trillion for 12 hours on Sunday? No problem. Nothing’s too much for my golfing buddies. …And there we are.

P.S., Pa’s Towing needs $5k for a new truck? Get out you bum! Whaddya think, we’re made out of money? It’s 25% p.a. or nothing. Can never trust a deplorable: they work for a living, as no true “gentleman” would.

However MMT people like to squawk like seagulls without reading a single book (“Mine!” “Mine!”) history is not kind to organizations that print unlimited money at unlimited rates. In fact, contrary to their opining, it appear it causes insurmountable trouble 100% of the time. That is, because confidence is lost, the currency breaks, and ultimately goes to zero as the market participants, which despite the every effort of paid economists are NOT stupid, move to anything else of value and establish a new baseline trading vehicle, a currency, historically gold. Today it might be other things, BTC, WTI, and it has been rice in Japan, etc, but you get the point, something REAL, something CONVERTIBLE, something NOT THE PROMISES OF OVERWHELMINGLY SELF-DEALING, DISHONEST, AND DISCREDITED MEN.

And for exponential functions, we are racing up on one now. A Crack-up Boom.

A crack-up boom is the crash of the credit and monetary system due to continual credit expansion and price increases that cannot be sustained long-term….

When the economy is in the doldrums, one way to give it a temporary revival is to feed extra money into the system—otherwise known as economic stimulus. Providing people with credit makes them feel richer and more inclined to spend their money.

The problem comes when the government continuously pours more and more money into the system and the actual economy beneath the artificial expansion cannot keep up. Injecting money into the economy is a quick way to give it a short-term boost, but this practice isn’t sustainable over the long term.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/crackup-boom.asp

zerosum
    Participant

I forgot to save my input and lost it. Therefore, another try.

TAE is a go-to-place for seniors who need to feel that they are still relevant and want to stay connected to current affairs, news, gossip, analysis, opinions.
    Here is my input to todays discussion.
    ———-
    “Sometimes we get the impression John Solomon is the only person out there who knows the facts. And cares about them.”

Parallel universe

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/10/who-is-supposed-to-define-us-foreign-policy-hint-it-is-not-the-borg.html#more
    October 30, 2019
    The New York Times continues to lie about Joe Biden’s involvement in the Ukraine and about Ukrainian involvement in the U.S. election. Today it also lied about a fact in relation to Lieutenant Colonel Vindman who was yesterday questioned by the Democrats ‘impeachment inquiry’. The NYT reported that very fact just a day ago. During the hearing Lt.Col. Vindman expressed a rather preposterous view about who should define U.S. foreign policy.
    The NYT claims to debunk falsehoods but spreads more of them:
    Debunking 4 Viral Rumors About the Bidens and Ukraine

By Davey Alba
    Oct. 29, 2019
    (Its behind a paywall)

Let’s avoid linking to paywalls.

Turfkiller
    Participant

‘Nothing Illegal In Trump-Zelensky Call’ – NSC’s Tim Morrison

Take 18 U.S. Code § 872: “Extortion by officers or employees of the United States.” It’s not hard to grasp:

“Whoever, being an officer, or employee of the United States or any department or agency thereof, or representing himself to be or assuming to act as such, under color or pretense of office or employment commits or attempts an act of extortion, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.”

Well, there goes Joe Biden…

zerosum
    Participant

How many lawyers and accountants did it take to determine the best primary resident for Trump?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-primary-residence-trump-moving-primary-residence-from-new-york-city-to-florida/
    President Trump has changed his primary residence from Trump Tower in New York City to Mar-a-Lago in Florida,

Lifelong New Yorker Trump moving primary residence to Florida
    By Caroline Linton
    Updated on: November 1, 2019 / 8:47 AM / CBS News

zerosum
    Participant

DO THE DEMOCRATES KNOW HOW TO READ?
    WHO SHOULD BE IMPEACHED?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9d2_1440117128

Kolomoisky had built his multibillion dollar financial base partly thanks to his mastery of “raiding,” the local version of mergers and acquisitions, involving methods that would make even the most hardened Wall Street financier turn pale. According to Matthew Rojansky, director of the Kennan Institute at the Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scholars, who has made a special study of the practice, “there are actual firms in Ukraine . . . registered with offices and business cards, firms [that specialize in] various dimensions of the corporate raiding process, which includes armed guys to do stuff, forging documents, bribing notaries, bribing judges.”

The international financial agency had rushed the money to Ukraine in April, in response to what IMF managing director Christine Lagarde called a “major crisis.” She went on to hail the government’s “unprecedented resolve” in developing a “bold economic program to secure macroeconomic and financial stability.” Over the next five months the international agency poured the equivalent of $4.51 billion ($2.97 billion in “Special Drawing Rights”—the IMF’s own currency) into the National Bank of Ukraine— the country’s central bank. Much of this money was urgently needed to prop up the local commercial banks. In theory, the IMF appeared to require direct supervision of how the Ukrainian banks used the aid. In fact, it appears the banks got to select their own auditors.

The scheme, as revealed in a series of court judgments of the Economic Court of the Dnipropetrovsk region monitored and reported by Nashi Groshi, worked like this: Forty-two Ukrainian firms owned by fifty-four offshore entities registered in Caribbean, American, and Cypriot jurisdictions and linked to or affiliated with the Privat group of companies, took out loans from PrivatBank in Ukraine to the value of $1.8 billion. The firms then ordered goods from six foreign “supplier” companies, three of which were incorporated in the United Kingdom, two in the British Virgin Islands, one in the Caribbean statelet of St. Kitts & Nevis. Payment for the orders—$1.8 billion—was shortly afterwards prepaid into the vendors’ accounts, which were, coincidentally, in the Cyprus branch of PrivatBank. Once the money was sent, the Ukrainian importing companies arranged with PrivatBank Ukraine that their loans be guaranteed by the goods on order.
    But the foreign suppliers invariably reported that they could not fulfill the order after all, thus breaking the contracts, but without any effort to return the money.

Thanks to the need to use the economic court as a legal fig leaf, the scheme operated in plain view. “There were no secret sources,” Ivanovna told me. “We found this story while monitoring the court decisions registrar. It’s open and free to search, so we read it on a daily basis.” Other companies had used the same mechanism, she pointed out. “The major difference of this case is its immensity.”

I cut the bottom off that last thing, zero, because it kept coming up with a dialog box for Harper’s subscribers.

Also, when you post something that old, it’s probably a good idea to make that clear from the start (headline). And how Cockburn could be way ahead of a story a full year after Maidan is a bit puzzling. We all knew by then Ukraine was more corrupt than about any country.

zerosum
    Participant

Good.
    I wish that I knew how to delete the pictures that come with a link.

Completely, completely nuts. they appear to have nothing, and try to drag that nothing out until the 2020 elections. This faultily labeled ‘whistleblower’ worked for Obama, Biden and Brennan, and was heavily coached by Schiff. And they STILL are afraid to use him. But Trump is the one under investigation?

If Trump did anything truly impeachable, and not merely made up because you want to get rid of him, by all means, impeach him. But in a regular way, one that includes Republicans. I can see now why Trump talks about impeaching Adam Schiff. Do the NYT and WaPo readers realize how damaging this whole affair is to their country?

Trump-Ukraine Whistleblower Suddenly Won’t Testify

A CIA officer who filed a second-hand whistleblower complaint against President Trump has gotten cold feet about testifying after revelations emerged that he worked with Joe Biden, former CIA Director John Brennan, and a DNC operative who sought dirt on President Trump from officials in Ukraine’s former government.

According to the Washington Examiner, discussions with the whistleblower – revealed by RealClearInvestigations as 33-year-old Eric Ciaramella have been halted, “and there is no discussion of testimony from a second whistleblower, who supported the first’s claims.” [..] In other words, House Democrats are about to impeach President Trump over a second-hand whistleblower complaint by a partisan CIA officer, and neither he nor his source will actually testify about it (for now…).

Good.
    I wish that I knew how to delete the pictures that come with a link.

I’ll take a look next time around.

zerosum
    Participant

Here is a video.
    Lots of new equipment. Who paid for them. Who owns them.

The Sarrin base, which hosted dozens of U.S. service members, is one of the biggest coalition bases in eastern Aleppo. The base’s long airstrip is used to supply coalition forces deployed in Aleppo and Raqqa.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.