Complexity is Killing Me!

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Life Boat Psychology Complexity is Killing Me!

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Swineherder
    Participant

I read about 30 Internet Sites a day and I often spend 3 – 5 hours reading. My reading encompasses conventional news sites like CBC all the way to David Icke and Project Camelot. In between I read economics, pig raising, world politics and essays posted on many topics from Immigration to health.

It’s all just a great big collage of information with very little connecting links to tie it all together. Outrage, indignation, shock and disbelief are some of the many states I experience whether it is a personal murder story like Treyvor Martin, or Hillary Clinton talking about supporting Syrian Rebels.

At a certain point, it is all insane. I can do nothing about any of it. Even writing this small posting takes up time and there is only so much time in the day. Add in shaving and eating and going poop, trying to scratch a few bucks from the system, talk with a friend or drive to town, time flies by.

The world is just to complex to comprehend. On one hand we have a security system being put in place in Utah, that supposedly will monitor every E Mail, web posting, cell phone call under the guise of national security to whether the price of lettuce has gone up 10% in the last week. In Michigan we have a pig grower about to have the State come on his land and shoot all his pigs, his livelihood gone in an afternoon while Obama signs legislation that allows him to take control of everything in a national emergency.

How can we make sense of this. Well, I suspect, for most of us, it is denial. We can’t connect all the dots so we just delete it from out knowledge base. Even worse, probably a good percentage of us avoid any contemplation of the madness and get drunk, stoned, laid or watch a football game.

So the question I pose to all who read, is: “What is the endgame of all this collage of knowledge?

Think of sitting in an office and having a series of directives coming at you to interpret, act on and cause you to change policy that affects others down line. Then think of this happening every day to millions of workers. Each change requiring an action on your part. Learn about a new income tax deduction, a new bureaucratic directive that requires you to fill out a form and then the persons getting all these forms and trying to collate the information and redirect real goods and services.

Take this morning when I read on CBC that 1100 workers are going to be laid off from the Dept of National Defense in Canada. One assumes that each was doing a job within the system that was considered necessary and yet at the stroke of a government edict, all that they were doing becomes redundant or someone else has to pick up that workload – or the work just does not get done creating more problems in the future. How to make sense of this?

Well, I’ll stop yammering about all the things that are driving me insane and leave it to you to explain to me a solution to complexity

jal
    Participant

“What is the endgame of all this collage of knowledge?

The one eyed man is king of the blind.

bluebird
    Participant

@Swineherder – Same as you, I read many sites every day spending many hours to keep informed of the global situation. Unfortunately, I don’t have any solution to complexity, other than by reading, I believe things will eventually have to get simpler.

For many people, it isn’t that they are in denial. They are just clueless because they have other priorities.

My hope is that for the the people living in Cloud Cuckoo Land, will one day wake up, and I’ll be able to help them understand what happened so that we can figure out ways to survive using our collective brains.

Along with the rest of the Collapse Addicted here, I also spend many hours of my day either reading or writing about what is going on around us. It’s a lot of information to be sure, but to really get the Big Picture you have to sift through a lot of source material.

As to what you can do about it, well you can’t stop it from happening but you can make yourself ready for it both physically and psychologically. A big part of the reading is a means to psychologically prepare yourself.

Anyhow, Peter just installed a new Video Widget on the Homepage of the Diner! Great video up for today, go check it out! We’ll be changing it regularly so make sure you check in to see what is playing at the Diner!

https://www.doomsteaddiner.org

RE

william
    Participant

Wow. I was looking for a place to comment on something I have seen for years now and found this little bit about information. I too spend so much time reading and seem to be addicted to the information load.

The complexity is one thing but the lies and double talk makes the new paradigm impossible to figure in any logical manner. Simply put, prior to the collapse of 2008, accounting rules changed to allow better hiding of losses and the complete insolvency of markets world wide. This is a critical piece of the puzzle – hide the truth amongst lies. To justify this position it is claimed – defend the markets and save the world.

Just a few days ago it was brought to my attention the G20 gave $420 billion to the IMF – but its all a lie.

The books actually show around $300 billion in pledges.

These are only pledges and in fact do not directly mean actual money.

You see its the idea of presenting positive messages to save the economy. Any adjustments to the truth for this purpose are the new religion. Faith in lies, the new Christian faith within the developed world, becoming an end in itself.

Carefully listen to the media: Not even one question, not one inquiry, no cross examination, the end to journalistic integrity. The wire releases the data and the actor reads the script. The news stations have not done any research on the data and are no longer producing news.

They are the new spin doctors – check out for yourself. Increasingly it is very hard to find news and it is easy to find the news station government propaganda.

Swineherder
    Participant

Hi William:

This quote struck home for me:

“The complexity is one thing but the lies and double talk makes the new paradigm impossible to figure in any logical manner.”

You know that most of us have experienced in personal relationships a number of people who expose over time their dysfunctional aspects. Some are manic/depressive going from wild enthusiasm to hopeless despair. Some are pathological liars who speak so well that it seems the truth. Others are locked into belief systems that any logical thought would call irrational or worse. Note Brevik in Norway who killed 77 young people over his belief that Muslims are taking over Europe.

Then we have the professionals – ha ha. The worst being careerist who totally lose their moral compass to hold onto a job or to kiss the ass of a superior who they hope may reward them. Then their are the nut cases like David Horiwitz who happen to hold positions of credibility like being a University Prof. Lets not forget the masters of deceit, the politicians who promise one thing and deliver the exact opposite. And finally there is the greed group, all the way from the corporate elite -ha ha to the banksters and other profit seekers for their own gain.

I say a pox on them all! Give me a man who deals with the real world of weather, soil, animals, machinery and family. Who talk straight, respect you as a person and relate to you as an interesting human being.

Frankly, I am close to throwing my computer into the garbage for I find it makes my life more miserable and confused than whatever gains I seem to get out of it. Let’s face it, the old saying,”Ignorance is bliss.” has some true wisdom in it. “What you don’t know, can’t hurt you.” is another saying that has some profundity in it. Disinformation hurts you. If you don’t listen to the noise and deal with reality, you may still get hurt by some bureaucrat, police officer, banker or other idiot but at least you will deal with it in the here and know, not in the “what if this may be true” mode that most information seems to lead the mind.

Well, that’s my spew for the morning, time to turn off the monster and go pull some weeds.

Anonymous
    Inactive

To Paraphrase Ayn Rand, the more complex a culture/society/business, the more that liberty is needed. I read (and understood) her a long time ago. As I look around today, everything she wrote about has come to fruition. From government using torture, to the quality of U S manufactured cars.

So this word “complexity” has struck a chord with me.

I think my message is “we can trust ourselves”, and can only possibly trust others when we are in a relationships created and supported by our mutual free will. This may help eliminate some of the “complexity” that we face each day that is described in the next paragraph.

There is a big mystery about the following situations. Let’s say all the people around each of us know that we have some nickels in our possession, but it has been my experience that it almost never happens that someone would approach me and demand one of my nickels. On the other hand, the same people who would never think of demanding a single nickel from me, think it’s perfectly alright to strip me of 30 to 40 percent of the nickels that I have earned each year through voting for various legislative practices, that use raw, physical force to extract my nickels from me.

So the big question is, why are my friends, neighbors, and even family members willing to condone the use of force against me. Of course it is not just me, each of us, daily are complicit in the use of this type of force (non-retaliatory).

Oh Oh, looks like I have strayed off topic, again. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.