Debt Rattle April 17 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 17 2022

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Veracious Poet
    Participant

For educational purposes:

The 1953 Iranian coup d’état, known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup d’état (Persian: کودتای ۲۸ مرداد), was the overthrow of the democratically elected Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh in favor of strengthening the monarchical rule of the Shah, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi on 19 August 1953.

It was orchestrated by the United States (under the name TPAJAX Project or “Operation Ajax”) and the United Kingdom (under the name “Operation Boot”).

The (Muslim) clergy also played a considerable role.

In August 2013, on the 60th anniversary of the coup, the US government released documents showing they were involved in staging the coup. The documents also describe the motivations behind the coup and the strategies used to stage it.

The UK had sought to censor information regarding its role in the coup; a significant number of documents about the coup remained classified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

V. Arnold
    Participant

…And I’m sorry V. Arnold and Vet have lived long enough to witness this, but the U.S. political system says this:

“It’s the dream of all dictators like Hitler and Putin to have Free Speech.”

Yes, read that again from DNC core thinker, Robert Reich. It’s DICTATORS and Authoritarians that want free speech, not freedom-seekers and democracies, who talk out their feelings and goals in a marketplace of ideas.

When I say #OppositeLand, this is what I mean. And I think we’ve reached the horizon. The horizon that the USSR reached when there was no News in “Ivestia” and no Truth in “Pravda”. Then the Soviet Union fell. Closing the Collapse Gap with the USSR.

Thanks for the sentiment Dr. D…
    I grew up in a fairy-tale…it made for a wonderful childhood…
    Waking up to reality was a first class bummer…but I avoided getting drafted (thanks to my doctor & a draft board doctor) and have broken from the dreamweaver to the real world.
    The yin and yang of life (the beautiful & the ugly) are in full functional mode…
    Cheers

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Just another tale about an “American” political dyNASTY spreading cheer & goodwill abroad in the name of the U$ofA:

Roosevelt (Kermit) played a highly-critical role in Operation Ajax as the ground operational planner, especially in getting the Shah to issue the firmans, or decrees, dismissing Mossadegh.

He established networks of Anglophiles and sympathizers in Iran, who were willing to take part in various aspects of the coup.

The tactics aided in dividing and dissolving Mossadegh’s political power base within the National Front, the Tudeh, and the clerics. However, the first attempt at the coup failed, likely because Mossadegh had learned of his impending overthrow.

Despite the CIA sending Roosevelt a telegram to flee Iran immediately, he began work on the second coup and circulated a false account that Mossadegh attempted to seize the throne and bribed Iranian agents.

The coup was a success and hence was adapted for use in other Third World countries during the Cold War.

Eisenhower secretly awarded Roosevelt the National Security Medal in 1954 for his work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kermit_Roosevelt_Jr.

On 21 December 1953, Mossadegh was sentenced to three years’ solitary confinement in a military prison, well short of the death sentence requested by prosecutors. After hearing the sentence, Mossadegh was reported to have said with a calm voice of sarcasm: “The verdict of this court has increased my historical glories. I am extremely grateful you convicted me. Truly tonight the Iranian nation understood the meaning of constitutionalism.”

Mossadegh was kept under house arrest at his Ahmadabad residence, until his death on 5 March 1967.

He was denied a funeral and was buried in his living room (so as to prevent a political furor).

AMERICAN EXCEPTIONALISM INDEED 😕

The ubermensch want to take down the West and have placed saboteurs in the various governments who will abet the process. Confusion, lies, chaos, division, and squirrels galore are used.
    “We’re a FAILING empire now and those who deserve to profit have to keep one step ahead of the destruction.” [paraphrase /s]
    Why “must” this happen?
    Why did the world need ww1?
    Them fancy folk do what they gotta do. We ants just dance ‘neath the elephant’s feet.

They hate the spike.
    They take the poke
    To make the spike-
    And now they’re woke.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

₿oogaloo
    Participant

Ilargi, I finally started using the Bitcoin Lightning network. It is faster, cheaper and more anonymous than sending funds on the Bitcoin base chain. Do you have a Lightning wallet yet? One of the easiest to set up and use is Wallet of Satoshi. If you set that up, you can get an easy to remember address to receive funds that looks just like an email address (alongside the option of a long string of letters and numbers or a QR code). If you add a Lightning address, great. If not, I will continue to send to your base chain Bitcoin address.

zerosum
    Participant

Ukraine aid ….. ‘Its free” said the banker
    Hehehehe

Veracious Poet
    Participant

This is better.

They fear the spike but take the poke
    To make the spike and now they’re woke.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Noam Chomsky is so disingenuous as to be unreadable, the man is a liar and a fraud working against the best interests of us the people.

Yes, Chomsky has managed to become quite the human dribble-glass.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.