Debt Rattle April 9 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 9 2018

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Andreas Feininger Production B-17 heavy bomber 1942   • Syria and Russia Accuse Israel Of Missile Attack On Syrian Regime Airbase (G.) • Stocks T
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 9 2018]

Dr. D
    Participant

The Chinese aren’t stupid. I very much expect they hold very few U.S. Treasuries despite the trade deficit. How? They buy interest in a copper mine in Africa or South America. They contract not to buy today but to deliver UST’s $500k/mo for 20 years. Now not only have they offloaded their risk, pre-offloaded the useless UST’s, but also still have them back home too to use as leverage against the U.S. Or that’s how I would do it anyway.

“We have lost 3.5 million jobs (to China). Some 70,000 manufacturing plants have closed. Why would anybody be fighting Trump to do a reversal of us being in a merchandise trade deficit of $365 billion? Tell me any two people that would do business with each other and one side takes a huge loss and keeps taking it. . . So, why would people argue and fight and bring down the markets because Trump wants to bring back jobs and readjust a trade deficit that, by any standard, is destroying the nation?” Who’s to blame for the lopsided trade deficits destroying the middle class of America?

Oddly they seem to be fighting FOR the war and AGAINST the economy? Explain? Then explain why this strategy against every American, if not every living creature, is still working so well.

oxymoron
    Participant

I don’t think the coral story is entirely temperature related. 200 years ago the eastern side of Australia was a great big bio-filtration system – now it’s pumped with fertiliser, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, huge volumes of soil sediment washed there in the wet season from tree removal etc. Hardly a pristine environment for fish and coral. It’s a shame because on a very dry continent you would think cutting down the rainforests to plant a type of grass would be illegal or punishable by death but apparently under the watchful eye of mother england you can do what the hell you like. I guess Europeans were pretty cool with species extinction already so didn’t seem like a big deal to them….

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ zerosum
    Thank you for the link to all of Frederico Pieraccini’s 4 part series; very helpful…

zerosum
    Participant

HERE IS AN IDEA!

China will sell their products to everyone IF they pay in Yan.

Hehehehehe

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-09/we-understand-chinese-government-has-halted-purchases-us-treasuries-sgh

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.