Debt Rattle August 4 2023

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 4 2023

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Pieter Brueghel the Younger Construction of the Tower of Babel 1595   • Is Biden Preparing to Dump Ukraine For Taiwan? (Sp.) • Response To Niger
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 4 2023]

Dr. D
    Participant

“Oakland NAACP Begs For More Cops Amid ‘Heyday For Criminals’

There’s only one explanation for this: obviously the NAACP are racist White Supremacists.

Biden is the decider of whether people are Black or not. Let’s ask him.

Armstrong: “I have been warned that 2024 will be the most corrupt election in the history of the United States. Our computer has warned that we may not even have an election in 2024 which could be carried out not just on the massive scale of corruption, but they can stage a war to justify locking us all down. The Neocons have so much on the line that they cannot allow Trump or RFK to take the White House. Either candidate would end the war and fire these people who want to wage against Russia and China. On November 6th, 2022, I made that clear in an interview with Greg Hunter.” https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/politics/trump-indicted-again-to-interfere-in-the-2024-election/

Anyone hear about Sri Lanka? News on Lebanon’s government collapsing. After a while, what does that even mean? “Collapsed” like Holland, where they very orderly call new elections and vote for new government? I didn’t know Lebanon had a ‘functional’ government TO collapse. If the people get nothing from government, and the government can’t make them do much, collect taxes, etc, then how does it “collapse”? You mean it was running at a 5% level with everyone ignoring it, and now it’s running at a 2% level with everyone ignoring it?

And so here, although it hasn’t happened yet. The shutdown of government causes zero changes in American life. You’d think people would notice but Blue Square says no. If Blue Square says, then that’s reality! Blue Square never lies!

“Trudeau’s Divorce Leaves Nation in Shock that He Was Married to a Woman” –Bbee

Or a “Woman” that is, he was married to an “Adult Human Female”, which does seem unimaginable. That any female over 12 would take him seriously.

Tinder
    https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/TrudeauTinderPicture-300×553.jpg
    Must be a quadruple-vaccinated conformist who rejects all freedoms. Open to all genders or non-genders! Must enjoy long plane rides to Davos, the occasional lockdown, and be interested in implementing the New World Order with me and my friends at the World Economic Forum. Absolutely no truckers or family members of truckers — swipe left if you even own a large vehicle. My friends would say I am overprotective and controlling. I will likely freeze your bank account if you break up with me. Swipe right if you want to be remembered as the next Eva Braun of Canada!”

Moosellini’s new Tinder Profile.

Forensic Study Into 2020 Detroit, Michigan Election Finds Up to 34,000 Illegal Ballots  GP 

Bring that up because Trump now has “Discovery” due to them indicting him. So can we get the case in Georgia looked at at last?

“essay, Two Failure Modes of Emerging Technologies. The basic idea is that people who say, “Oh no, AI will take over the world” are actually techno-optimists, assuming that AI will work well, and not considering something more realistic: that AI will work badly but be widely used anyway. So the danger of facial recognition is not that the government will always know where you are, but that you’ll get arrested for looking like someone else. This is why I always say that the prophet of our time was not Orwell but Kafka.” https://davekarpf.substack.com/p/two-failure-modes-of-emerging-technologies

So far I’ve never seen a computer work yet. Or at least not when a human was involved. Makes me pine for the days of typewriters and rotary phones when we got things done.

For Germ: “Died Suddenly.” But now there’s never a cause of death. Ever. “Cause unknown.” Colleges, whoever, I guess never investigate anymore? No autopsies? Nobody knows?

I say start a murder spree immediately! You can smother anyone with pillows, young, old, doesn’t matter, and when they’re found “dead, suddenly” apparently no police, no coroner ever, just “Died: No cause of death.” Didn’t care. No curiosity. So beat and murder your kids today! Free card in all 50 states! Don’t like your girlfriend, your mother, same thing!

“ask the US Congress to fund the arming of the island of Taiwan via the Ukraine budget”

Check me on this, but be careful: none of this may matter. Apparently they are getting voted out and a more Pro-China party is coming in. People are just sick of it, the one-note platform, and the United States. Also the amounts we’re sending, while they sound like a lot, are one big zero. Not militarily relevant, (even granting NATO weapons function at all) so why should China care? In that point of view it’s just corporate welfare for Weapons Manufacturers and a siphon of money from taxpayers. As RFK says, it’s like $10,000 per family and it really shows. Food stamps? We cut them. Gotta pay the salaries and pensions, free health care for all Ukraine.

“• Response to Niger Coup May Escalate into ‘World African War’ (RT)

They suck so bad, Russia’s kicking them out. “They” being the U.S. and France. Now it’s RUSSIA opening the second (or third, Syria) front in the war. That means THEY are winning. I can’t see how we have any chance of winning and keeping our (economic) colonies there.

Again, the modern colonialism is the Opposite of what Blue-hairs say. It’s not the White Guy at Dollar General making $18/hr. It’s an economic Wealth Pump that uses currencies and markets (with all fake pricing, all the time) to extract wealth from Africa which magically and accidentally ends up in London and NY (and Paris in this case). Don’t care about that: what happens when you STOP the Wealth Pump?

So 30%, 20%, 10% doesn’t end up in your economy anymore, but remains in the home country like McDonalds Vkusno and Dobra Cola? No Patent payments, no profit re-homing, no purchasing, and no influence from the home company/country? The. End. In Russia and Africa as well. Stick a fork in it.

To me that’s a GOOD thing, that’s what I’ve been trying to vote for all my adult life: the end of Empire, even if it makes us poorer, and fair trade with fair competition.

“massive but dubious Democrat “ballot harvesting”, the level of provable fraud did not rise to anything remotely determinative of a different outcome.”

Even friends and sympathizers of this can’t stop lying. You don’t know if it was “Determinative” unless you LOOK. You’re just sitting on your couch assuming. “Ballot Harvesting” was illegal in several states. It was proven that it was totally illegal by the PA Supreme Court. Um…if the COURT said LEGALLY, that the election process was openly subverted, doesn’t that LEGALLY call into question the results, the electors? NOPE. Not according to every Republican writer and legal expert I guess. A guy can propose there were fake ballots (for instance), then after the election PROVE that person never existed, the vote was false, the count was false, and yet….dum dum dum… the counted results are somehow remain ACCURATE? False = True.

…Just repeating myself, since False = True is not something I can watch without comment. And there were similar cases nationwide, like Kari Lake where they “super-solid double-checked” all written signatures at a rate of 3 per second. Uh-huh. All rational people totally believe they followed all process and did their best. Accurately. No rigging at all.

“Chinese Wanted Biden Family Name to Help Acquire US Energy Assets (JTN)

The family name means nothing if the Bidens don’t take specific actions. Those actions are influence peddling, corruption, and bribery. That is, not that they can say “Biden” but as Jill’s husband says, Joe called the DoJ and IRS and a day later you’re either arrested or your case is released. Well son of a bitch.

“Kremlin Pours Cold Water On BRICS Currency Speculation (RT)

Problem is, it’s real simple, but it’s hard to explain. Go see Vince on the interview with Luongo. It’s not a “BRICS Currency” it’s a “gold standard”. If a BRICS currency ‘exists’ and floats, it can be attacked. Because it’s divergent from other currencies by definition, the US$, Gold, etc. Why would you do that? That’s been done and failed 40 years. All they need is a way to contain currency risk. Gold is as rigged as every other market, so how can you “gold standard” it? They’ll “London Price Fix” on the 30th of each month so they’ll raid the price $100 every 30th and no other day, etc. But that’s all child stuff.

All these guys need to do is settle up their trading differences, and settle up from time to time while offloading risk. They do that already in Shanghai, as they can trade then take delivery (that is, offload risk) with oil and gold. …And other commodities, currencies even. Like Decentralization, devolution, the settlement of BRICS trade trickle off everywhere into every currency, commodity, and market. NOT a Competing currency. That’s the point.

They said China wants the world reserve, they keep failing as no one is using the Yuan at like 3%. #Winning! Ha ha ha! No dum-dum: that’s what YOU want. YOU want the world reserve currency so you don’t have to work but can be 400 pounds eat cheetos and play WoW all day. What China and Russia want is a FAIR DEAL. That’s it. And they’ll roll us anyway, but if so, that’s fair. The World reserve currency GUTS your home production. Destroys your nation. And with currency debauchery as Lenin said, erases all morality, the foundation of your people. And although history says SOMEDAY they will (stupidly) do that, at first the reason the currency works, London Pound on the gold standard, is because it’s honest.

You don’t go from corruption and replace it with more corruption. When your “Trust Horizon” is over — due to generations of abuse – the only thing that sells is honesty. Delivery. Put up or shut up. So it CAN’T be a competing FIAT currency. And it isn’t. Essentially it isn’t a currency at all. It’s a process. So it’s not a Token, it’s a Protocol.

The very CONCEPT of not being corrupt is foreign to them. They can’t grasp it, the West or the Reporters alike, so they keep writing articles like this. I guess not asking questions?

EoinW
    Participant

I see the Detroit Lions sold out their season tickets for the first time in ages(did they bring back the 1970 defence?). Does this mean all the Pretend People from the 2020 election are now NFL fans?

I can’t wait for the Trannie fuss to die down. Then the globalist can start pushing for Pretend People rights!

Red
    Participant

Trudy gets a divorce, it was a same sex marriage.

Red
    Participant

For an illegal black market thingy they seem to have some solid numbers?

During October 2022, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), reported that Colombia’s coca crop hit an all-time high with 504,000 acres under cultivation for 2021, a notable 46% increase over 2020.

The international government body believes that acreage produced 1.1 million metric tons of coca leaf, which was 14% higher than 2020’s record of 997,300 metric tons. That volume of coca leaf had the potential to produce 1,400 metric tons of cocaine hydrochloride, which is a 14% greater than the estimated 1,228 metric tons manufactured a year earlier.

https://oilprice.com/Finance/the-Economy/Colombias-Economic-Woes-Worsen-As-Cocaine-Prices-Plunge.html

Red
    Participant

Here we go again. FS

Concerns are rising within energy industry circles that the White House might declare a climate emergency, reminiscent of the COVID-19 emergency declaration.

Tim Stewart, President of the U.S. Oil and Gas Association, expressed this apprehension, stating such a move would equip the president with “vast and unchecked authority to shut down everything from communications to infrastructure.”

Mr. Stewart suggested that critical infrastructure, including water and electricity, could be impacted.

“They can literally do exactly what they did in COVID,” he said. He voiced worries over the potential to stifle dissenting voices and the indefinite nature of the ‘climate emergency.’

White House remains silent on speculations on climate emergency
    The White House didn’t respond to requests to comment on these speculations.

President Joe Biden, although emphasizing the urgency of the “climate crisis,” has refrained from declaring an emergency. Yet, some Democrats and environmental groups continue to advocate for such a measure.

Momentum grows for climate emergency declaration
    Rep. Earl Blumenauer’s (D-Ore.) “Climate Emergency Act of 2021” has received backing from about 60 Democrats. This legislation demands a climate-related emergency declaration from the Biden administration.

On another front, U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres issued a dramatic message, declaring that “the era of global boiling has arrived.”

Divergent views on climate change action, criticism from Stewart
    Concurrently, media outlets like the Los Angeles Times have suggested deliberate “occasional blackouts” to combat climate change, while The Guardian urges Biden to “declare a climate emergency” immediately.

Mr. Stewart criticized these reports as a “propaganda war” attempting to “condition the public to think it is their duty to the State to be miserable, cold, and hungry.”

Contrasting energy challenges, White House’s heat wave hazard alert
    He also remarked on the irony of developed nations grappling with energy stability issues, traditionally problems for underdeveloped countries.

The White House issued a “first-ever” heat wave hazard alert for outdoor workers amid high East Coast temperatures. “President Biden has asked the Department of Labor (DOL) to issue the first-ever Hazard Alert for heat,” a White House fact sheet reported, highlighting heat as the prime cause of weather-related deaths in the U.S.

Heatwave impact: White House alert, PJM emergency notice
    This announcement coincided with approximately 40% of the U.S. population experiencing heat advisories, as per the National Weather Service.

Meanwhile, the country’s largest power grid operator, PJM, issued an emergency alert due to high demand, expiring on July 28. “A Hot Weather Alert helps to prepare transmission and generation personnel and facilities for extreme heat,” PJM noted.

Historic 1930s heatwaves and the Dust Bowl
    Historically, some of the U.S.’s most severe heatwaves occurred in the 1930s, with 1936 being particularly notable.

That decade also witnessed the Dust Bowl, causing extensive damage to central U.S. farmland and mass migration toward Southern California.

PJM’s reliability warning during de-carbonization transition
    Currently, PJM warns of “increasing reliability risks during the transition” to de-carbonize the grid.

This process aims to decrease fossil fuel consumption and increase reliance on renewable energy sources such as solar, wind, and hydroelectric power.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/concerns-that-the-white-house-could-declare-covid-like-climate-emergency/ar-AA1eDlQl?

Dr. D
    Participant

NYT: “What If We’re the Bad Guys Here?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/02/opinion/trump-meritocracy-educated.html (note the link)

Aaaaaand he opens with Trump. TrumpTrumpTrump. RussiaRussiaRussia. Who? And LGBT. Of course. The only group in the nation. That matters anyway. And 1963, Civil Rights, 1,000 years ago and when they’re against everything MLK stood for.

And slavery. Slavery probably ended last Tuesday, not 200 years ago. And someday we’ll elect a Black President and remove all those segregated drinking fountains.

But to continue with him: “We built an entire social order that sorts and excludes people on the basis of the quality that we possess most: academic achievement. …“The Meritocracy Trap”: “Today, middle-class children lose out to the rich children at school, and middle-class adults lose out to elite graduates at work. Meritocracy blocks the middle class from opportunity.”

Uh…that word no mean what you think it mean. But yes, YOU are the anti-meritocracy. You think you have the “Merit” still, that you’re morally and intellectual superior to all other humans on earth. By birth. That is a de-facto Nobility of Eugenics. The “Better Breed.” Das Ubermensch.

“blames those who lose a competition for income and status that, even when everyone plays by the rules, only the rich can win.” The meritocracy isn’t only a system of exclusion; it’s an ethos.”

See how a schmartz guy, who does nothing but words as his day job, doesn’t know what words mean? He has not idea what “Merit” is, having never seen it before. What he’s describing is ANTI-Merit. That is, they HAVE no merit. They are an oligarchy. They’re the apparatchiks of billionaires from Epstein Island, and they’ll do anything they say.

Over the last decades, we’ve taken over whole professions and locked everybody else out.”

Yes. Because THEY believe they are born smarter than everyone, from God. There’s not a SINGLE smart person from the lower classes, the Deplorables. Or else they wouldn’t be “locked out”, would they? Occasionally, a “Merit” class would be born a moron like George Bush and Hunter Biden, and sometimes a lower class person would read books in a cabin splitting rails like Lincoln. “Locked out” means — according to you — that never happens. 100% of all “Merit People” remain in power. Power that is by definition therefore, undeserved and not merit at all. It’s oligarchy. Nobility.

So they are the tireless defenders of the poor, the oppressed, the minorities like Obama and Serena Williams and Oprah Winfrey, and the working class. By locking them out.

He also says they’re more insular than the worst segregationists, the Mandarins or Egyptian pharaohs, marrying only their own. They live in only a few weird cities, and never get out and associate outside the gated community.

Armed with all kinds of economic, cultural and political power, we support policies that help ourselves.” Adding things like outsourcing, because they get the goods, but their jobs weren’t being stolen ‘til now…a thing we told them constantly for 30 years.

Like all elites, we use language and mores as tools to recognize one another and exclude others. Using words like “problematic,” “cisgender,” “Latinx” and “intersectional” is a sure sign that you’ve got cultural capital coming out of your ears. Meanwhile, members of the less-educated classes have to walk on eggshells because they never know when we’ve changed the usage rules so that something that was sayable five years ago now gets you fired.”

Niomi Wolf had an extensive article on this and her breaking out of the cult. What is arbitrary, meritless, and in fact tyrannical power except to make up rules on a whim and punish people for them? No Lord on horseback, beating peasants did more than this.

“We also change the moral norms in ways that suit ourselves, never mind the cost to others. For example, there used to be a norm that discouraged people from having children outside marriage, …After this social norm was eroded, a funny thing happened. Members of our class still overwhelmingly married and had children within wedlock.” Which statistically is a indicator of success. As is, universally, a man within the home. So please YOU do it and fail, and make more room for me! Then I can nag and scold and lecture like all the “Good People™” do after I told you to do it! Is that Middle Management in a nut or what?

“Does this mean that I think the people in my class are vicious and evil? No. Most of us are earnest, kind and public-spirited.”

Awwww. But it’s okay! Their complete destruction of all others in service to themselves was WELL-MEANING! And – gosh shucks – they just never noticed until 2 August, 2023 when David Brooks miraculously opened his laptop from on high and channeled God almighty for us!

He finishes with Trump, as Trump-derangement syndrome is the SOLE shibboleth of this class, the only idea they have that can be thought of: no other ideas exist for them, no other problems. “Are Trump supporters right that the indictments are just a political witch hunt? Of course not. … Trump is a monster in the way we’ve all been saying for years and deserves to go to prison.”

““History is a graveyard of classes which have preferred caste privileges to leadership.” ….When will we stop behaving in ways that make Trumpism inevitable?”

Clearly never. You will all die and be destroyed. And your meritless children with you. And that’s good with me. Nothing has ever been more richly deserved.

Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

Modern times:
    Once robbery was done by fountain pen. Now that has been replaced by the silicone chip that not only robs but disenfranchises also (and they don’t leak ink), a.k.a. technological progress. Do keep up!

Safest place to shelter from the 2024 U.S. Presidential election will probably be Siberia but still not enough to be free from the fallout. The Republic of the United States, adios; was good to know ya. R:I:P.

John Day
    Participant

Opposing Neocolonialism https://drjohnsblog.substack.com/p/opposing-neocolonialism

Brook Delorme reviews: ‘One Idea to Rule Them All’ by Michelle Stiles
    Michelle Stiles is reverse engineering American propaganda. You will learn the many techniques of legal mind control.
    Stiles outlines the history following World War One, reminding us that there was a brief and futile pushback against the use of propaganda by the government against the people.[5]The Institute for Propaganda Analysis was formed in 1938, dedicated to protecting democracy from the threat of propaganda. (Spoiler: it failed.) But this Institute identified seven main techniques of propaganda, most still widely in use today:
    1. Name Calling: A device to discredit an opponent without refuting his claim.
    2. Glittering Generalities: A device that identifies a position with “virtue” by use of words like truth, freedom, democracy, liberty, etc.
    3. Transfer: An appeal which seeks to carry over the authority, sanction, or prestige of something we respect.
    4. Testimonial: A device to use the opinion of an expert authority for propaganda purposes.
    5. Plain Folks: An appeal to win confidence by appearing to be like the common people being addressed.
    6. Card-Stacking: An appeal that uses under-emphasis or over-emphasis to dodge issues and evade facts.
    7. Band Wagon: An appeal that encourages us to follow the crowd because “Everybody is doing it.”
    https://merylnass.substack.com/p/a-fabulous-book-about-propaganda

​Brook Delorme contributes to Door To Freedom, Dr. Nass’ new website which looks at the WHO medical-fascism power grab (so do I). Weekly newsletter, too.

Home

​ US Intelligence Has Been Manipulating Wikipedia For Over A Decade: Wiki Co-Founder​ (I heard this over 20 years ago​. I thought everybody knew.)
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/wikipedia-co-founder-describes-us-intelligence-manipulation-worlds-largest-online

​ ​Ukraine Rearrests American Blogger Trying To Enter Hungary For Asylum
    Chilean-American blogger Gonzalo Lira, who was initially detained by Ukrainian intelligence in May for ‘pro-Russian sympathies’—has reportedly been rearrested as he was trying to make his way out of Ukraine into Hungary. His crime?: publishing YouTube videos critical of the war & the US-Kiev-NATO stance.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ukraine-rearrests-american-blogger-after-he-sought-enter-hungary-seeking-asylum

John Day
    Participant

Jimmy Dore interviews RFK Jr. for 18 minutes, but I’ll summarize. What’s Actually Happening At U.S.-Mexico Border Is MIND BLOWING!
    C​andidate Kennedy spent 3 days at the US​-Mexico border. One night 300 people came across, all illegally, all checked in. His team talked to all of them. only 2 families were from the Americas. Children are missing. Families beg for help finding their stolen children. The great majority of these people were flown in from all over the world by cartels, robbed and bused to the border. They would be flown to any US city they requested, without money, and would typically “owe” the cartel money. That money would be collected at their destination by extortion and human slavery, by cartel members. This is big business in recent years, completely organized, and can be stopped. Border Patrol are deeply depressed and suicidal. The Trump fence goes down 6 feet underground to reduce placement of delivery tube systems to pop pods of fentanyl across. All of the fence sections have been lying on the ground unused. Newer fence, flimsier, not going under the ground, has been purchased for installation. (Can’t use Trump fence.) The documented illegal entries to the US are more than double the green card entries.

​ Moon of Alabama:
    ​ The opening of the 2024 election season was launched this week with the House Oversight Committee getting testimony from Hunter Biden’s business partner Devon Archer over several documents related to Burisma. The following day confirmed this with the opening of another indictment against Donald Trump.
    The timeline proves that these were not independent events.
    Andrew Clark @AndrewHClark – 21:15 UTC · Aug 2, 2023
    This timeline is actually incredible. I mean come on.
    3/17 – Hunter admits laptop
    3/18 – Trump indictment news
    6/8 – FBI doc alleges Biden bribe
    6/9 – Trump indicted
    7/26 – Hunter plea deal collapses
    7/27 – Trump indicted
    7/31 – Devon Archer testifies
    8/1 – Trump indicted​ …
    ​..How will that look to the voters?
    ​ On the one side we have a case which shows the deep corruption of ‘the big guy’ and his family who are supported by the deep state they control.
    On the other side we have the underdog who thought he was doing the right thing but is now indicted by the deep state for, at that time, saying so.
    ​ The media will shine the light on both cases. Each time they will mention Trump it will, independent of what they write about him, be positive for him by making the case of the lone guy who gets unfairly prosecuted by the deep state.
    ​ Each time the Biden case will be mentioned it will remind the public of Biden’s corrupt dealings.
    https://www.moonofalabama.org/2023/08/election-2024-two-legal-cases-and-one-winner.html#more

​Robert Malone MD reviews Robert Kennedy Jr’s new book: The Wuhan Cover Up , which is much more than that. It is a history of biowarfare programs.
    ​ What is often overlooked by academia, corporate media and the Washington DC political caste is that the history of modern biology (particularly microbiology, molecular biology, and virology) and the infectious disease pharmaceutical industry is intimately entwined with the American biowarfare enterprise.
    It has been estimated that total Federal expenditures on biowarfare research and development from the end of WW II through to the implementation of the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (1975) exceeded the costs of the US Nuclear Warfare program during this period, and this biowarfare program (and funding stream) is intimately linked to academia. Most of the leaders of the American Society of Microbiology were also leaders in the American DoD/CIA-funded biowarfare program. This background and context is necessary to understand how the fundamental corruption of academic medicine, peer-reviewed journals, the CDC, FDA, biological and academic research have been so comprehensive, as has been revealed by the COVID​ crisis.
    Just follow the money.
    https://merylnass.substack.com/p/bobby-kennedys-new-book-out-next

John Day
    Participant

Am I completely AI-banned now? 4th try to upload stories about Niger.

Please look at the blog via link https://drjohnsblog.substack.com/p/opposing-neocolonialism

John Day
    Participant

One at a time with deactivated links now…

​I have been trying to get a handle on the colonial and anti-colonial power struggles going on in North Africa. These articles each add something to the consideration, but they are very different from each other. The first, sent by Christine, who used to teach university-level Water Law in Egypt, seems to give the clearest regional picture, which is that the Sahel region is breaking away from post-colonial colonialist extraction, and this coup in Niger threatens the export of a lot of high-quality uranium ore, which is of critical interest to France and the EU. This coup matters, but Niger joins several anti-colonial neighbors now.

​ Niger is the Fourth Country in the Sahel to Experience an Anti-Western Coup​ , BY VIJAY PRASHAD – KAMBALE MUSAVULI​ [Look at the lead photo.]
    ​ At 3 a.m. on July 26, 2023, the presidential guard detained President Mohamed Bazoum in Niamey, the capital of Niger. Troops, led by Brigadier General Abdourahmane Tchiani closed the country’s borders and declared a curfew. The coup d’état was immediately condemned by the Economic Community of West African States, by the African Union, and by the European Union. Both France and the United States—which have military bases in Niger—said that they were watching the situation closely. A tussle between the Army—which claimed to be pro-Bazoum—and the presidential guard threatened the capital, but it soon fizzled out. On July 27, General Abdou Sidikou Issa of the army released a statement saying that he would accept the situation to “avoid a deadly confrontation between the different forces which… could cause a bloodbath.”​ …
    ..The coup in Niger follows similar coups in Mali (August 2020 and May 2021) and Burkina Faso (January 2022 and September 2022), and Guinea (September 2021). Each of these coups was led by military officers angered by the presence of French and U.S. troops and by the permanent economic crises inflicted on their countries. This region of Africa—the Sahel—has faced a cascade of crises: the desiccation of the land due to the climate catastrophe, the rise of Islamic militancy due to the 2011 NATO war in Libya, the increase in smuggling networks to traffic weapons, humans, and drugs across the desert, the appropriation of natural resources—including uranium and gold—by Western companies that have simply not paid adequately for these riches, and the entrenchment of Western military forces through the construction of bases and the operation of these armies with impunity…
    ​..A highly informed source in Niger tells us that the reason why the military moved against Bazoum is that “he’s corrupt, a pawn of France. Nigerians were fed up with him and his gang. They are in the process of arresting the members of the deposed system, who embezzled public funds, many of whom have taken refuge in foreign embassies.” The issue of corruption hangs over Niger, a country with one of the world’s most lucrative uranium deposits. The “corruption” that is talked about in Niger is not about petty bribes by government officials, but about an entire structure—developed during French colonial rule—that prevents Niger from establishing sovereignty over its raw materials and over its development.
    ​ ​At the heart of the “corruption” is the so-called “joint venture” between Niger and France called Société des mines de l’Aïr (Somaïr), which owns and operates the uranium industry in the country. Strikingly, 85 percent of Somaïr is owned by France’s Atomic Energy Commission and two French companies, while only 15 percent is owned by Niger’s government. Niger produces over 5 percent of the world’s uranium, but its uranium is of a very high quality. Half of Niger’s export receipts are from sales of uranium, oil, and gold.​..
    ..Fourteen former French colonies continued to use the Communauté Financiére Africaine (CFA), which gives immense advantages to France (50 percent of the reserves of these countries have to be held in the French Treasury and France’s devaluations of the CFA—as in 1994—have catastrophic effects on the country’s that use it). In 2015, Chad’s president Idriss Déby Itno said that the CFA “pulls African economies down” and that the “time had come to cut the cord that prevents Africa from developing.” Talk now across the Sahel is for not only the removal of French troops—as has taken place in Burkina Faso and in Mali—but of a break with the French economic hold on the region.
    ​ At the 2023 Russia-Africa Summit in July, Burkina Faso’s leader, President Ibrahim Traoré wore a red beret that echoed the uniform of the assassinated socialist leader of his country, Thomas Sankara. Traoré reacted strongly to the condemnation of the military coups in the Sahel, including to a recent visit to his country by an African Union delegation. “A slave that does not rebel does not deserve pity,” he said. “The African Union must stop condemning Africans who decide to fight against their own puppet regimes of the West.”
    ​ In February, Burkina Faso had hosted a meeting that included the governments of Mali and Guinea. On the agenda is the creation of a new federation of these states. It is likely that Niger will be invited into these conversations.
    https://www.counterpunch org/2023/08/02/niger-is-the-fourth-country-in-the-sahel-to-experience-an-anti-western-coup/

John Day
    Participant

African diplomacy

John Day
    Participant

​ Drago Bosnic has this, French invasion of Niger could turn into all-out Franco-African war
    ​ To make matters worse for France, Algeria has joined the chorus of Niger’s allies. The French archrival that spearheaded the independence of many of its “former” colonies in the 1960s is effectively an African superpower, heavily armed and highly motivated to never allow Paris or any other Western (neo)colonial power to establish a firm foothold in the region. This still leaves Chad as the only viable option for an invasion, as the country was an instrumental staging ground for virtually all French military operations in the area, including the illegal invasion of Libya. However, reaching Chad at this point is easier said than done and this still leaves most of the geopolitical issues unresolved. Also, all geographical considerations remain.
    ​ Namely, the Nigerien capital of Niamey is located in the southwestern corner of the country, close to the border with Burkina Faso. Thus, even in the unlikely case that none of its neighbors intervene, Niger is still left with a comfortable window of opportunity to resist the invasion. This could end in a disaster for France, as yet another military defeat in the area would inevitably lead to a complete collapse of the neocolonial system it left in place in the 1960s. On the other hand, if Paris doesn’t intervene, this will happen anyway, albeit at a somewhat slower pace.
    http://infobrics.org/post/39006

John Day
    Participant

​ Andrew Korybko , The West Wants Nigeria to Invade Its Northern Neighbor
    ​ It’s expected that maximum pressure will be exerted on Nigeria by the West behind the scenes over the coming week ahead of ECOWAS’ ultimatum expiring. France and the US recognize the threat that the patriotic military coup in Niger poses to their hegemonic interests, which is why they’re ready to pull out all the stops in reversing this possibly game-changing development. For all its potential, Nigeria has largely failed to liberate itself from Western influence, hence why it’s likely to do their bidding.​..
    Chadian Interim President Mahamat Idriss Deby Itno traveled to the Nigerien capital of Niamey on Sunday to hold talks with the junta, though it’s unclear at the time of this analysis’ publication what the outcome was. His country is a regional military powerhouse whose armed forces could potentially participate in any operation that ECOWAS launches against Niger despite not being a member of that bloc. At the same time, however, there are reasons why it might not do so.
    ​ This traditional French ally failed to fall for the US’ information warfare provocation earlier this year falsely claiming that Russia was plotting to kill its interim leader. Instead of expelling that country’s ambassador, it kicked the German one out instead after discovering that he was trying to stir up Color Revolution unrest. Shortly after, “Bloomberg Demanded That Biden Meddle In Chad On The Pretext Of Averting A Sudanese Scenario”. Accordingly, Chad might nowadays be reluctant to do the West’s bidding.
    ​ Its unexpected multipolar drift in recent months, which most recently saw the Chadian Foreign Minister travel to Russia for last week’s summit in defiance of intense Western pressure upon his country to boycott the event, could explain why its President is leading diplomatic efforts to defuse this latest crisis. At the same time, however, it still can’t be ruled out that Western pressure might prove too much and Chad is ultimately coerced into participating in a potential ECOWAS invasion of neighboring Niger.
    ​ Regardless of whatever role Chad may or may not play in that scenario, nothing can realistically happen unless Nigeria agrees to lead the invasion.

The West Wants Nigeria to Invade Its Northern Neighbor

​ Andrew Korybko, West Africa Is Gearing Up For A Regional War
    ​ The latest events don’t inspire confidence that a wider war in West Africa can be averted, which is why everyone should brace themselves for one breaking out sometime later this month. If NATO-backed and Nigerian-led ECOWAS doesn’t swiftly defeat the newly formed Sahelian Coalition of Burkina Faso, Mali, and Niger (with Guinea possibly joining them in some capacity), then Russia is expected to tangibly support the latter, thus leading to a New Cold War proxy conflict in which Chad could be the kingmaker.​ [France seemed to be planning for war, building military hospitals, announced in late winter. I wondered why.]
    ​ Last week’s patriotic military coup in Niger, which was carried out in response to the prior regime’s failure to ensure its citizens’ security in the face of rising terrorist threats, is quickly turning into the catalyst for what could soon become a regional war in West Africa.
    https://korybko.substack.com/p/west-africa-is-gearing-up-for-a-regional

​ More Andrew Korybko , It’s Likely That Algeria Will Play An Important Role If West Africa Descends Into War
    ​ Security and ideological interests account for why the Algerian Chief of Staff just flew to Moscow. His country wants to coordinate with its strategic partner in responding to this regional crisis as well as the wider war that might soon break out. While Algeria’s role isn’t as important as Nigeria’s could be in leading the NATO-backed ECOWAS invasion of Niger nor Chad’s in possibly being the kingmaker, it’s still pretty significant and shouldn’t be ignored or downplayed.​..
    ​..NATO supports a Nigerian-led ECOWAS invasion to reinstall Niger’s ousted leader while Russia backs Burkina Faso and Mali, which have de facto merged into a federation and jointly announced that any attack on that neighboring nation will be regarded as a declaration of war against both of them. Those two are trilaterally cooperating with Guinea, which is also under military rule like they are and just threw its political weight behind the Nigerien junta, but it’s unclear whether it’ll militarily defend it too.
    https://korybko.substack.com/p/its-likely-that-algeria-will-play
    On Thursday evening The Washington Post published an op-ed by the ousted president of Niger, Mohamed Bazoum, calling on the United States and the “entire international community” to intervene in order to restore him to power, and return the country to constitutional order.
    He also stated in the Washington Post that he was writing “as a hostage”, at a moment unrest has persisted in the streets, following his overthrow by the military last Friday (and by his own presidential guard).
    Earlier in the day the junta declared the formal withdrawal of Niger’s ambassadors from France, the US, Nigeria and Togo. There are now growing fears of an alliance between Niger’s military and Russia’s Wagner Group, which has a significant presence across West Africa and elsewhere on the continent.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/biden-calls-ousted-niger-presidents-release-us-announces-embassy-partial-evacuation

John Day
    Participant

Military Summary talks about Belarus, Poland and WAGNER, and Africa and WAGNER, and that Prigozhin says that WAGNER will do something tomorrow, August 5th, WAGNER will move somewhere…

John Day
    Participant

​ More anti-colonialism: Venezuela looking forward to joining BRICS after submitting membership bid — president Nicolas Maduro said.
    The five BRICS member states are expected to consider official membership applications from a number of countries at the group’s summit scheduled to be held in Johannesburg, South Africa, on August 22-24.
    https://tass.com/world/1655067

Professor Anthony Hall on neoliberal-neoimperilism in Canada: (The RCMP conspiracy to frame and entrap protesters got released, but the judge won’t look.)
    Trudeau’s and Freeland’s Fear and Loathing of Canada’s Continuing Freedom Convoy
    The Ingredients of a Serial Epidemic of Crime Fraud in the Case of Four Coutts Protesters Kept in Jail Without Any Conviction for Over 500 Days on the Bogus Charge That They Conspired to Kill Cops
    https://anthonyjhall.substack.com/p/trudeaus-and-freelands-fear-and-loathing

​ Biden to Ask Congress to Include Military Aid for Taiwan in Next Ukraine War Spending Bill
    ​ The White House is expected to submit the request this month
    ​ According to Financial Times, including the Taiwan aid with the Ukraine spending bill could help win over support from Republicans who have opposed supporting the proxy war against Russia. Many Republicans who are against arming Ukraine say the US should be focused on arming Taiwan instead. “Adding supplemental funding for Taiwan will put some House Republicans in a more difficult position since many who oppose Ukraine funding remain in favor of supporting Taiwan.”

Biden to Ask Congress to Include Military Aid for Taiwan in Next Ukraine War Spending Bill

​ US President Joe Biden intends to ask Congress to finance arming Taiwan as part of the supplemental budget for Ukraine​
    In mid-July, Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley said that the United States and its allies should accelerate weapons deliveries to Taiwan to improve the island’s defense capabilities. According to Milley, Taiwan’s primary needs are air defense and equipment that can strike maritime targets from the ground. He added that the US is considering options to change the location of its contingent in the Asia-Pacific region.
    https://sputnikglobe.com/20230802/biden-to-seek-congressional-funding-for-arming-taiwan-via-ukraine-budget-1112337786.html

John Day
    Participant

Meryl Nass MD has this: Is there a depopulation agenda at work? The (Catholic) LifeSite News summarized a recent talk about this by Robert Malone.
    ​ In a speech at the 2023 White Coat Summit, Dr. Robert Malone asked the crucial question about the so-called COVID vaccines:
    ​ “Why would a government wish to advance this technology?”
    His reluctant conclusion is that the novel mRNA injections have been developed by the CIA to assist in a global depopulation program – which has existed in the United States since the 1970s.
    https://merylnass.substack.com/p/is-there-a-depopulation-agenda-at

​ More childhood vaccines are correlated with higher infant and early childhood mortality. It appears to be causal. Peter McCullough MD
    ​ Now an analysis by Miller, et al, suggests the entire program of hyper vaccination may be backfiring.
    ​ The two main independent variables in this analysis restricted to developed countries at two time points 2019 and 2021 (check for internal validity) were the number of vaccines given in the 28 day neonatal period (none, hepatitis B, Bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) for tuberculosis) and then the overall number of shots given before age 1 year. The outcome variable was all cause mortality at age 1 and 5 years.
    ​ As you can see this does not look good for vaccines. In every analysis the children who went “natural” with no shots did the best and there was a trend for the fewest number of injections to be associated with the lowest mortality.
    https://petermcculloughmd.substack.com/p/number-of-vaccine-doses-during-neonatal

zerosum
    Participant

“Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth”
    A present, often one that is flawed or unwanted.

• Is Biden Preparing to Dump Ukraine For Taiwan? (Sp.)

“Well, because, number one, the United States continues to believe that it is the most powerful country in the world and can dictate to other countries reality.

The United States refuses to accept the fact that China and Russia have an equal say in matters.”
    ———–
    Compare Trump’s attempt to overthrow gov. and Niger’s military coup.
    ———-

citizenx
    Participant

They suck so bad, Russia’s kicking them out. “They” being the U.S. and (its minions).

To be fair- How can us/ we win against they/ them when we are the biggest assholes on the planet?
    Can we lie. cheat, steal, rape, murder, overthrow, bomb, torture, invade, destroy, pillage the best and win harder?

Us/ we have given Adolf, Uncle Joe Stalin, Mao, Franco Et AL a run for their money at being the best worst scum on the planet.

20 years, trillions of dollars, million dead, 4 presidents to “give” the Taliban to the Taliban in Afghanistan.
    #winning

20+ years, billions of dollars, millions dead, 5 presidents to “give” the Vietnamese to the Vietnamese in Vietnam.
    #winning

Ukraine?

jb-hb
    Participant

Meritocracy blocks the middle class from opportunity.

wtf. Meritocracy IS the middle class.

You don’t GET private jet flying mansion living bowl of lark’s-tongues-eating assholes in a meritocracy, because no man is WORTH that. You don’t get self righteous professors and HR ladies shoving weird pernicious bullshit down your throat constantly or you lose your student status or job, because no one is WORTH that amount of quasi religious power.

If what we have now is meritocracy-dominated, as the author supposes, then it follows that we have the most competent possible people running things everywhere. It follows that anyone else in those positions would be LESS competent.

Which is so obviously untrue, only a person with sufficient higher education could believe it or even bring themselves to say it without being prevented by reflexive, continual spastic dry heaves. Only someone sufficiently elite-educated could have the corrupt hallucinatory ethos required.

For years, I’ve been watching arrogant incompetent jerks run things I am proficient in, in my own little peasant way. I can see clearly on a technical level what they are doing, what the results are. It’s manifestly obvious to anyone NOT in academia that there is no meritocracy. All the NON educated NON elite learn this by just watching the people 3 levels up in the corporate org chart that we see every day making 6 figures and screwing things up.

“when everyone plays by the rules, only the rich can win”

No, in a meritocracy, society gets the most benefit possible by placing the most competent people possible in the place they can do the most good – create the most value.

In a system where only the rich “win,” everyone loses, since this is a system based on something other than merit. More accurate to say the rich may not MEASURE their loss when only they “win”. A system in which the rich win is a system in which it is presumed that somewhere there IS a system based on merit and competency, creating value off which their non-merit system can live.

If they act as managers, as good shepherds, nurturing this value-creating merit system, fighting off predators and other parasites that could make the system too top-heavy, then they can take a well-deserved skim.

The skim is LARGER when you foster value-creation through meritocracy and SMALLER when you hamper value-creation by not placing good people where they can serve best. You end up wondering why you can’t good help anymore, why little and big stuff breaks all the time, find yourself fighting other elites for shrinking parts of the pie constantly.

…find that the pie is getting eaten up by all the predators and parasites you allowed to proliferate, mistakenly thinking it was Full Spectrum Dominance if you could be so VERY powerful as to impose irrational, anti reality, anti merit on your competent people. Heck, anyone can impose REASONABLE USEFUL shit on people, what’s the power-flex there?

It’s when the elites think stuff just comes from nowhere, competency comes from nowhere, always just there for us. Like homo erectus wandering the Serengeti. I come across stuff and I take it.

The elites are having the right instinctive reaction actually. They look around and their primitive gut instincts tell them “there’s too many people. this can’t go on” But their overcrowding-reflex is to their own environment – each other. The alarm bells are going off in reaction to THEMSELVES.

They’re looking around at their own crowd and instinctively, their brain tells them hey I am not going to be able to jet around in my private jet, eat endangered animals, prey on doordash delivered children, etc if all these OTHER people also keep doing this! Surely we must cut down somewhere

Maintain the elite class at no more than 0.0001% of available resource usage in perpetual balance with reality.

Be not a cancer on the Earth – Leave room for value-added merit-based society.

Noirette
    Participant

Lira. I got caught up in this story… watched his 3 vids – ‘before crossing into Hungary.’ Went on to check takes, comments on various boards, etc.

At present we have RL dramas that grab our attention. Not much different from serial screeds, in print, then on TV, published in the MSM in the 1900s + …

Hollywood has to compete with RL drama (sh*t news for them), which is *itself* shaped by dramaturgical lore, see for ex. Lira posting his 3 vids close to the Hungarian border before he tried to cross (if true.)

Lira had previous carreers as novelist, film maker, film producer, economy blogger (I read his econo. blog occasionally – standard semi-libertarian content with catchy wording..)

Dr. D.: if you take the face value story — which I mostly do — Lira’s plan makes sense. One of his only major assets is his popular following, he has no time, only like 5 days, and claimed to have already talked to several coyotes and mules but needless to say Ukie is locked down right now. Yes… but.. a difficult topic.. who can judge?

Lira strived for fame and recog. all his life, going down as a martyr might be an acceptable end-point..idk..

Dr D Rich
    Participant

In part in response to Dr. D’s internal dialogue today. I still think Dr. D equals Raúl host as in a genuine possibility.

D wrote, ‘schmartz guy”. I see you and me(i) are riding with Celticbiker today. And so is Naomi Wolf who you say “breaking out of the cult” is what she said she (did). The reader is left to infer the The Cult from which Wolf broke was 1. The writers cult, 2. Rhodes scholar club, 3. Her synagogue, 4. Self-absorbed homemakers of America brotherhood.
    I’ll admit I was sensitized to this phenomenon, again, recently, in court. Yeah, I might have mentioned my contest against UW Medicine in its 7th year now where the tactic of Reversing Victim and Oppressor has been in full force.
    The very best was UW’s attorney claiming i(me) “shaved” my head and not be suffering “severe alopecia” having never ever shaved my head as most “skinheads” do, antisemitic trope that it is. Only to be followed by the equally informed psych expert who analogized my thought process to that of a rooster as in “even a rooster knows its crowing doesn’t cause the sun to rise”. So according to the psychiatrist, “(Dr. D Rich) has cause and effect all messed up.” Not to be outdone by this obviously clear reference to appellant possessing cognitive faculties beneath a farm animal, the opposing attorney described the analogy as “wonderful” and later on, again, as “astute”. The (((judge))), in charge (right?) and my attorney never raised an admonishment nor, respectively, an objection in protest.

So, having learned from Dr. D today, I’m wondering out loud if the fathers of my judge, my attorney, UW lawyer and opposing expert psychiatrist translated Yiddish like Naomi’s father, writer of words. I’m still wondering why the psychiatrist didn’t use ‘Goy or Goyim’, instead of the all so specific ‘rooster’. They all would have understood.

Oroboros
    Participant

Pfizer Admits That Their Own Employees Were Given “Different Batch” Of Vaccine Than Public

De-populate the Useless Eaters, except our employees

Pfizer, like Monsanto, has organic food in their headquarter cafeterias for the chosen ones.

Mister Roboto
    Participant
    Mister Roboto
    Participant

Wow, things have to be pretty freaking dire for me to be completely agreeing with citizen_x!

John Day
    Participant

@Mr Roboto: Paul Marik MD and Pierre Kory MD are giants in actually treating COVID and saving lives, and developing and presenting their techniques in readily accessible formats.
    Their internal Medicine board wants to decertify them.
    My Family Medicine board did that to me this spring.
    The Pediatrics board also agreed with the others to do that in July of 2021, for the crime of bad-mouthing-COVID-vaccines, or “advising patients against them”, which used to be “informed consent” and requred.
    It’s 1950s East Germany.

Oroboros
    Participant

Prying her dead cold hands off the levers of power

VietnamVet
    Participant

There is a boatload of denial but basically globalization is the extraction of resources at the lowest possible cost financed with debt used in manufacturing offshore. The proxy world war and mRNA injections for the coronavirus pandemics are additional means for money transfer to the wealthy. NATO is at war with the Russia Federation and is provoking China. Only a handful of old blogs are sources of the truth that aren’t managed for this war effort.

Niger Uranium Yellowcake is infamous in the aftermath of the Iraq Invasion. Nuclear power plants in France generated 361 billion kilowatthours of electricity in 2021, accounting for 68% of the country’s annual electricity generation. 85% of uranium is produced in six countries: Kazakhstan, Canada, Australia, Namibia, Niger, and Russia. To keep French electricity turned on may well require an African Invasion. President Joe Biden is closing off areas of the Grand Canyon to uranium mining.

Money markets cannot win world wars. This requires competent government and a military that defends its people not just lining the pockets of the wealthy. When the access to cheap energy ends, so does civilization. Peace, democracy, and managed conservation are the only way out of the looming catastrophes.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.