Debt Rattle Jan 31 2014: Risk Times Risk Equals Fear

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Jan 31 2014: Risk Times Risk Equals Fear

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Russell Lee Sign near Weslaco, Texas January 1939 Financial risk is springing up from so many sides and nooks and angles and crannies by now that the
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Jan 31 2014: Risk Times Risk Equals Fear]

koso_man
    Participant
    Professorlocknload
    Participant

QE is played out. The Lady behind the curtain will instead Shock and Awe. I expect Keynes on steroids just ahead.

Possibilities?

Some sort of Executive Ordered New Deal to pad the coffers of campaign bundlers. Their justification will turn to “In the long run we’re all dead,” so it’s going to be wild.

Or maybe some sort of MyRA scheme to deposit government paper directly into the accounts of special interest voting groups, in the name of the “little people,” of course.

And the Fed does have plenty of MBS and Treasury paper to sell these days, past QE and all. Exit strategy? Dump it on the Proles?

The apparatchiks in this country have for years been enamored with the “Government Controlled Capitalism” (misnomer, really fascism) experiment in China. I can’t help but wonder if they don’t envision themselves in the shoes of the Communist Party there. Never mind that it is now teetering on chaos, “they just didn’t do it right.”

Meanwhile, the Fed continues to print too much money chasing too few drilling rigs and seats in fast food joints.

Stock up on popcorn before it all becomes E-85.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Weak return on German renewables? Maybe, like with my local government protected monopoly power supplier, it’s because they offer a generous 2 cents a KWH on power I might generate, while they charge me 14 cents for power they supply? Must be because I’m non union or don’t own a politician or something.

Green Capitalism? You mean Green Corporatism? Any system that needs to be subsidized is not otherwise viable. Building it is a waste of resources. Only the Government/Corporate partnership can excuse such boondoggles. A true* Capitalist knows better than to throw scarce Capital down a rat hole.

As with most government sponsored systems,( Fukushima?) it’s the end result that tells the tale. Like the Nukes, and other back end loaded authoritarian machinations all ’round the globe, who pays to decommission and scrap the warn out wind parks, ethanol plants and rapidly deteriorating Photovoltaic panels littering the landscape , when the subsidy is no longer possible?

Here’s a proposal. Pull all subsidy including tax breaks, from all energy production sectors. Let the price float to meet what’s left of the market. Can we spell conservation?

But then, .gov’s solution to economic dilemma is to break all the windows and burn off any surplus fuel in a nice global war, so, whatever.

* Endangered species

kaganovich
    Participant

Hi Ilargi,

You have most likely already rad this, but in the off chance you didn’t:https://www.golemxiv.co.uk/2014/01/on-death-and-derivatives/

ted
    Participant

So if someone has money invested in the stock market and pension from the state university system and house paid off; how much at risk are they? I tried to explain to my father-in-law but he thinks he is untouchable because he did everything right. If the wealthy start to lose their money that is when you really see panic. But that is a lot of the problem is lot of people see problems ahead but as long as they play by the rules everything will be just fine. And while I agree it is nice to play along and agree that everything is working just fine, it can be overwhelming to plan for an outcome that you have no idea how bad it is going to be. The farm thing sounds great and all but what happens when you are overrun by starving people ravaging your crops? Ted

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.