Debt Rattle January 14 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle January 14 2021

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    sumac.carol
    Participant

“Today is day 1 in Ontario for an 8 pm curfew! The police can now stop you for any or for no reason. They can now enter your home without a search warrant too. They can now ask you what is in your lunch bag. They can now say the letter from your employer labeling you an essential worker is just a piece of paper. They can fine you as they please. All this has already happened!
    We now live in a police state!”

Not quite. Here is a quote from the Chief of Police in Ontario: “The Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police confirmed officers will not be stopping people only to ask about the stay-at-home orders.”

“Individuals cannot be compelled to explain why they are out of their residence,” spokesman Joe Couto said.

sumac.carol
    Participant

Example of how poor people are overlooked in lockdown: veterinary clinics require clients to wait in their cars while their pets are being treated. This week when I took in my injured dog, a woman, who did not have a car, stood outside the clinic huddled under a blanket against the cold for an hour and a half while her pet was being treated. She obviously loved her pup enough to make this effort and I overheard her tell the taxi driver to take her to the local motel (ie she’s homeless). Heart-wrenching.

madamski cafone
    Participant

Christ on a cracker, a kullervo. NO ONE is inncoent. But let’s point fingers anyway. In case you didn’t know it, this world is full of creeps like me and you. We can point these fingers all day. Few look at the moon, avoiding it because it has our face on it.

Yikes. Can we find another pointless blame game to play? Something serious like who is the most street cred rapper or are Kim Kardashian and Kanye West nice people or media assholes? Thanx for teaching me the same old lesson I forget over and over again: human beings will argue any old thing to death before bringing something new to life.

a kullervo
    Participant

@madamski

Thank you for Lyle Lovett’s song.

Have a nice weekend.

zerosum
    Participant

Last word on women.
    I read, (in many poor countries), women entice mothers of young girls to give up their girls and put them work into prostitution.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.