Debt Rattle June 23 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle June 23 2017

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Fred Lyon Embarcadero lunch San Francisco 1948   • Americans Are Dying With An Average Of $61,500 In Debt (ZH) • 34 Biggest Banks in US Clear Fir
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle June 23 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Banker Slayer @ Rogue Money made some interesting comments re: Putin interview.
    I for one enjoyed Stone’s vid immensely.

Debt; an instrument of self destruction for the individual, for a certainty.
    It’s a form of a death sentence; debt = death!
    In today’s world, being debt free makes one rich; think about it.
    And free in an important way; it makes one almost invisible in the world of plastic.
    For parents; teach your children well in the realities of money and credit (particularly important), and the genuine meaning of debt (most important).
    There is no such thing as “good debt”; that’s a lie. Beware anyone saying differently; they are predators.
    Get a copy of; Debt, The First 5000 Years by David Graeber; valuable beyond measure for an understanding of money and debt.

zerosum
    Participant

https://www.policyalternatives.ca/publications/reports/addicted-debt

Why is Sears closing stores in Canada when Dollar stores are opening new locations?

Dhuuuu!

Middle class workers do not have enough money left over from their paychecks after their monthly loans payments.

olo530
    Participant

zerosum, I’m not sure it’s that simple. I remember 10 years ago Sears and HBC were like ghost towns. I suspect creative accounting and appreciating real estate kept them afloat, but one can only pretend for so long.
    Von Bergmann wrote in early 2016:

just the SFH property owners alone earned more by twiddling their thumbs than the entire population of the City of Vancouver did by – actually working

And since the real estate bubble is still going strong there is no shortage of disposable income. Many stores are doing great, not just Dollar Tree and Dollarama.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.