Debt Rattle March 3 2022

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 3 2022

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Veracious Poet
    Participant

Part B:

A corn and soybean farmer from Iowa said on Wednesday that Americans can expect to see grocery bills increase $1000 a month due to a massive increase in the price of fertilizer .

Ben Riensche, who runs the Blue Diamond Farming Company, predicted on Fox News’ “Tucker Carlson Tonight” that the Russian sanctions, the Green New Deal, and other factors will cause a massive spike in food prices later this year, spurring more economic hardship for Americans.

“Soaring fertilizer prices are likely to spike food prices,” Riensche told host Tucker Carlson. “If you’re upset that gas is up a dollar or two a gallon, wait until your grocery bill is up $1000 a month. And it may not manifest itself in terms of price, it could be quantity as well. Empty shelf syndrome may just be starting.”

https://amgreatness.com/2022/03/02/corn-and-soybean-farmer-says-americans-may-see-grocery-bills-increase-1000-a-month

Transportation Secretary Pete Butt-gieg said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “The 11th Hour” that to combat oil prices skyrocketing amid the Russian invasion of Ukraine, President Joe Biden did not want to authorize the Keystone Pipeline.

According to Butt-gieg, it would be “galloping after permanent solutions to immediate short term problems.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/03/02/buttigieg-on-keystone-pipeline-amid-ukraine-invasion-we-dont-want-permanent-solutions-to-short-term-problems

Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy sent a formal request for information Thursday to major tech companies demanding data on “misinformation” related to the COVID-19 vaccine and the virus itself, The New York Times reported.

The request demanded the companies provide data on “exactly how many users saw or may have been exposed to instances of Covid-19 misinformation,” as well as the particular demographics most affected by misleading information, according to the NYT. Murthy also reportedly demanded data on the sources of COVID-19 misinformation, particularly related to discredited treatments for the virus.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/03/03/surgeon-general-vivek-murthy-big-tech-covid-misinformation

Henry
    Participant

@Oroboros THANK YOU! I have been searching for RT news sources since they cut off the website.

Veracious Poet
    Participant

Worse than Idiocracy ~ NPD mass psychosis:

zerosum
    Participant

Follow the arrow to get to the Bus caravan leaving Ukraine and to a hot meal/food
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russian-forces-lay-siege-ukrainian-seaports-2nd-round-ceasefire-talks-start

the meeting at least reached a “solution only for the organization of humanitarian corridors.”
    Putin has reaffirmed his military objectives of the “neutralization” and “demilitarization” of Ukraine.

Mister Roboto
    Participant

Veracious Poet
    Participant

The empire strikes back 😐

A California doctor known as a leading purveyor of coronavirus misinformation pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge on Thursday for joining the mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol last year.

Dr. Simone Gold, founder of the anti-vaccine group America’s Frontline Doctors, entered the plea to a charge of entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds. The conviction carries a maximum sentence of six months in jail.

As part of her guilty plea, Gold acknowledged she and her co-defendant John Strand, while outside the building, were directly in front of a police officer who was assaulted and dragged to the ground. The doctor also acknowledged then entering the building and giving a speech in Statuary Hall about her opposition to coronavirus vaccine mandates and lockdowns imposed by the government, as Strand filmed her comments.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/beverly-hills-doctor-who-founded-anti-vaccine-group-pleads-guilty-to-joining-capitol-riot/

With western civ seemingly winning the propaganda war I’m very concerned that a nuclear false flag is not only possible, but probable…

If I was Iranian I’d be concerned that resident Xiden might push the wrong button.

Only caught a few soundbites of president dementia’s SOTU word salad, how is it anyone takes that corrupt MOFO serious?

Twilight zone in full effect,

Gary

Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

chris_gee at # 103408
    It certainly does look truncated now I looked. There may be an additional page not included in the link. At that time TNYr would continue a longer report in the subsequent magazine if an index can be found, looking for the author’s name or article title. I just recalled that Crimea was appended to Ukraine for facility providing water and power access, etc. and the USSR retained their Black Sea fleet facilities and the military forces need to protect them. When the Maidan coup threatened to disavow that contract, that was when the referendum was called and the vote to return to the Russian Federation was made and accepted, after the legal Ukrainian administration supporting that contract was violently overthrown. It is useful to see what historical investigative reporting was like prior to the slow motion corporate coup de état of the U.S. Republic no one noticed while it happened.

John Day
    Participant

https://drjohnsblog.substack.com/p/pay-later?s=w

The old control narrative of the Divine Right of Kings lasted a long time. It was simple and direct, but the rise of other economic actors, “nobles” and their banding together to contest the king, produced the Magna Carta. The “Liberal Democracy” model has fared well since WW-2, though it has been corrupted whenever possible. The promises of future wealth and retirement for contributing into the system today has been persuasive. Supporting necessary wars , but not with your son’d lives, became acceptable, but the corrupted system cannot actually support the baby boomers retiring. there are not really any “savings”. It was always a Ponzi scheme, though that was a good thing 40 years ago, good for almost everybody.  My assertion is that “World Wars” are the mechanism by which the social-contracts of the world can be reset. The owners want more than is ever possible, and everybody else wants a decent living and a basically fair system.  The COVID-Pandemic control-narrative made a lot of progress, but stalled out, and the facts are not treating it well at all.  The new global control narrative of a war in Europe, which can require any sacrifice named, and places the blame on Russia, not the WEF, NATO, Global Finance or other owner-factions or instruments, gives the owners and their creative-workers free rein to paint history, but if they “win” they still lose, because they need a vigorous global economy. The gradual decay of the corrupted economy is inevitable, even without the corruption. It’s a finite world, with finite resources and problems add up.  What’s the alternative narrative? Stewardship of life on Earth will serve. How do we get there from here? 
    Don’t look to experts or authorities.

Peace talks between Russia and Ukraine are underway.
    Of Zelensky’s statements, I am most interested in the last one, and I agree with it. I don’t think it will be allowed by US/NATO.   The second round of Ukraine-Russia talks are underway, with a “ceasefire” possibility on the table – however this is unlikely given what both sides communicated to Macron prior to the meeting as to their demands. On the one hand Zelensky has said he will not negotiate with “a gun to his head” – and on the other Putin has reaffirmed his military objectives of the “neutralization” and “demilitarization” of Ukraine. Macron expressed dismay after the 90-minute phone call, saying Russia’s objectives appear to be a complete takeover of the country. “The Russian delegation was led by presidential aide Vladimir Medinsky, who said that the Russian delegation was ready to speak with the Ukrainian side for as long as it may take to reach agreements,” according to state-run TASS. While talks were underway, President Zelensky issued a statement saying that he’s willing to sit down to direct talks with Putin. He called this “the only way to stop the war,” according to AFP.   https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/russian-forces-lay-siege-ukrainian-seaports-2nd-round-ceasefire-talks-start

After Abstaining In UN Vote, China Blames US & NATO For Ukraine War  What was dubbed a ‘special emergency session’ was a very rare one – considering it was only the 11th in the UN’s history. Such sessions are typically called when on pressing issues of war and peace at times the Security Council can’t reach unanimous consensus – and obviously Russia has veto power when it comes to UNSC resolutions.
      The resolution condemning Russia’s attack on Ukraine was overwhelming:
    141 in favor
    five opposed
    35 abstentions
      The “no” votes included the following countries:
    Russia
    North Korea
    Eritrea
    Syria
    Belarus    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/after-deafening-silence-un-vote-china-blames-us-nato-ukraine-war

John Day
    Participant

Well, there’s a lot more, but it won’t upload… https://drjohnsblog.substack.com/p/pay-later?s=w

Bill7
    Participant

From ‘Economic Restructuring, Democratic Deficit and Locking Down Liberty’ by Colin Todhunter:

“..Consider that prior to COVID, Pfizer was “the least trusted company in the least trusted industrial sector in the United States”, according to Nick Dearden, director of Global Justice.
    But we are supposed to have faith in Pfizer and disregard its lengthy corporate rap sheet and its unscrupulous profiteering practices regarding its COVID vaccine rollout across the globe. We are supposed to trust its products and its vaccine data that it is trying so hard, with help from the US Food and Drug Administration, to keep from the public.

At the same time, to facilitate uptake of Pfizer’s injections, we hear a lot about ‘collective responsibility’. A much-maligned concept in a dog-eat-dog neoliberal regime. Joe Biden, Justin Trudeau and others spin vaccine sceptics’ talk of ‘freedom of choice’ regarding what is allowed to be injected into their own bodies as selfish and the domain of right-wing women haters and fascists..”

Economic Restructuring, Democratic Deficit and Locking Down Liberty

John Day’s new post looks interesting- my next reading, I think.

Economic Restructuring, Democratic Deficit and Locking Down Liberty

Bill7
    Participant

Covid was *always* about downward-Perestroika for the Proles, I think.

deflationista
    Participant

Does it get anymore awkward?

deflationista
    Participant

Awkward

chooch
    Participant

T-bear/chris_gee,

I see this more and more. When I pull up articles online for stories I have read 10+ years ago they seem lite on content/context per my memory. Fortunately, I have squirreled some of the print material but it takes time to rummage through boxes, but sure enough it’s been watered down or content has been edited out.

Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

chooch at # 103430

I see this more and more. When I pull up articles online for stories I have read 10+ years ago they seem lite on content/context per my memory.

Amen to that. Have personally not trusted any media from M-TV to Youtube and that alphabet company. FB and twits are for USA-Today readers, sugary full of empty intelligence calories, leading to memory loss on a grand scale. Without memory, the result is loss of personhood, what Alzheimers dementia does. A candy-store of distractions, deceptions and diversions to entertain unwary minds looking for cheap entertainments to pass the time. Maybe I’d be somewhat ‘old fashioned’ but I’d rather a hardcopy book to keep and form a small library that provides access to review. YMMV

ezlxa1949
    Participant

Some people think Russia has made a colossal blunder, others think they are boxing very clever. (I wrote “Russia” not “Putin” because his is not the only mind involved in this.)

Maybe it’s a brilliant move. Reasoning: by taking action against Ukraine, the West has ganged up on Russia to a remarkable, unified degree. The West has shut Russia out of much of the global marketplace, especially for petroleum and natural gas. Oil reserves globally are very low at the moment and capex is way down. Even if it were to increase tomorrow, it would take 5 years for the boost to become apparent. Inflation rates are high and getting higher. The entire economy is dependent upon oil to give it life. Gail Tverberg opines that “Few people in America and Europe realize that the world economy is entirely dependent upon Russia’s exports of oil, coal and natural gas.” (emphasis mine)

In other words, Russia may have lured the glorious West into a trap, possibly a suicidal trap. It has achieved what it couldn’t easily have done before taking military action, i.e. ensure that the West firmly closes off its own supply lines. How long before our economies really totter and lurch, to everyone’s hurt?

That said, the whole effort could come badly unstuck. Wars are unpredictable. The only good war is no war.

I am noticing huge demonisation going on now. Anything Russian is to be loathed, despised and removed. I have a Russian friend; I can only hope that nothing nasty happens. It’s reminiscent of the Great War, WW1, where anything German was similarly demonised. Churchill prevented British women from attending a peace conference in the neutral Netherlands. Place names were anglicised. Foodstuff names were anglicised. Many lurid stories were circulated, most of which later proved to have been false. History rhymes.

those darned kids
    Participant

look who i found!

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Ukraine March 3, Russian military analyst ( living in the U.S. ) talks about this conflict. Interesting, … regardless on who’s side you on.

F.S.

Figmund Sreud
    Participant

Jordan Peterson Pdcast, talks to Frederick Kagan of The American Enterprise Institute

Russia, Ukraine, and the West | Frederick Kagan | The JBP Podcast | #230

F.S.

Archie
    Participant
    those darned kids
    Participant
    chooch
    Participant

Thanks for that Archie,

Tim Kirby is an American-expatriate radio host in Moscow, Russia. In 2006, Kirby migrated from the USA to Russia.

I find a couple things interesting as I read and discuss this. The older boomer generation, I typically find a a lot denial, they are only open to the evil Russia narrative. There is much more curiosity with the Gen Xers. Many of are worn out on the whole regime change/neocon agenda. Someone, like a Tulsi Gabbard really resonates in this regard. I was encouraged the other day when my oldest son reached out to me and asked for some reliable info on this conflict. I told he should check out TAE and the comment section, particularly that chooch guy. Again, thanks for the link I will definitely pass it on to him.

WES
    Participant

My observation of what is happening in the Ukraine today.
    It is simple.
    The Ukraine is loosing very very badly.
    All the buildings that took several generations to build are being quickly destroyed because there was not enough effort or time made to talk.

And Deflate is also losing his irtual info war very very badly too!

those darned kids
    Participant
    those darned kids
    Participant

inspiring for all (phoenix: you have made your kids proud, even if they don’t know it yet)

https://naomiwolf.substack.com/p/im-not-braveyoure-just-a-p-y?s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=direct

Archie
    Participant

American patriotism pales in comparison to Russian patriotism. I studied Russian language, literature and culture back in the day, and after losing 3 years of my life during the Vietnam business. I hosted Russian students on exchange programs in my trailer by the lake. This was the early 70s, before perestroika and glasnost, but we were all young, inquisitive and out spoken. It was a revelation to me and I have never looked at the geo-political world the same way since that time.

Archie
    Participant

Sorry, that was meant as a reply to chooch #103438

Dr. D
    Participant

“But we are supposed to have faith in Pfizer and disregard its lengthy corporate rap sheet and its unscrupulous profiteering practices regarding its COVID vaccine”

Yes. And they do. They will DIE for Pfizer. Ban all their friends, disown their family, toss in their children. And have. ANYTHING to show full faith in Pfizer. …Am I kidding? And these are the same people saying they hate Billionaires, Capitalism and Evil Corporations. …While using an iPhone to order Nikes on Amazon. The opposite of fascism is government violence forcing the people to buy corporate products. Right? That’s how I heard it.

Noirette
    Participant

Veracious Poet, thx for the two posts, beginning: Post failed, breaking it up (Part A)

The Europeans have no idea what is going to hit them re. food, availability and price. Iirc, Bare-bock, D foreign minister, said something like “Germans will have to and hmm for sure are ready to make sacrifices to stand up for what is right”, ref. to the WAR in Ukraine against evil Russia, that sounds like US speak, but it was something like that, close.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.