Fermentastic !

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Life Boat Food Fermentastic !

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Molly

Any fermenters out there ?

I am a mad keen fermenter – I made sourdough (before I had to give up wheat *sniff*) and I still make kefir, yoghurt, saurkraut and kim chee.

I can pass on kefir cultures if you’re in Perth in Western Australia.

And I am very keen to swap recipes/ideas. I have the Wild Fermenting book by Sandor Ellix Katz (his site here: https://www.wildfermentation.com/) but haven’t quite got as far as fermenting a dead goat….

I really like the way his work ties in with the Sally Fallon book on Traditional Foods, Nourishing Traditions – and its an excellent supplement to those recipes. There’s a great recipe for a basic saurkraut here:

https://nourishedmagazine.com.au/blog/articles/sauerkraut

Well worth reading the comments as well ๐Ÿ™‚

ben

hi molly. girlfriend has gotten into sally fallon and fermenting over the past year. kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut, ginger carrots, kombucha, and kvass. i’m very lucky.

๐Ÿ™‚

el gallinazo

I used to make beer 45 years ago. Does that count as a fermenter?:-)

Molly

๐Ÿ˜† I’d say so !!

My hubby makes beer – he’s a bit of a fanatic ๐Ÿ™‚ He’s into India Pale Ales, which is a pain as I prefer lagers & cider.

People always give you funny looks when you offer them homebrew – a sort of pained “I must be polite” expression – but after they’ve had a sip of his, they gulp it down and ask for more !

I’ve been trying to get him to do the Degree in brewing at ECU for a couple of years now. I am the ONLY wife on the planet trying to encourage her husband to give up his day job and become a brewer ๐Ÿ™‚

einhverfr

I am a fermenter, both lactic and alcoholic ;-).

I make mead, beer, ebulon (sort of an early American elderberry malt liquor), and various variations on that theme. I have experimented with wines and fermented fruits. I also make sauerkrauts and the like. My breads have, however, to date all been yeast breads.

BTW on wheat-free sourdough, I understand that you can make a 100% rye sourdough and that once the gluten is acidified it will rise better than it would without the sourdough.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I create mead, beer, ebulon (an early American elderberry malt liquor), and a variety of other beverages. I’ve played around with wines and fermented fruits. I also make mario games sauerkraut and other fermented foods. To yet, though, all of my breads have been yeast breads.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.