Nicole Foss On Life After Complexity

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Nicole Foss On Life After Complexity

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

JMW Turner Vignette Study of a Ship in a Storm c.1830   Nicole sent me this video, which I know next to nothing about. I don’t know where it was
    [See the full post at: Nicole Foss On Life After Complexity]

bluebird
    Participant

The video is from Community Solutions which is in Yellow Springs, Ohio. If I recall, Nicole was a speaker there in October 2016.

V. Arnold
    Participant

As a sailor; and an ex-salmon troller in the North Pacific; I love your JMW Turner Vignette Study of a Ship in a Storm; so fitting and brings back memories…
    A life at sea is special…

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

I love that phrase: “informed sense of urgency.” I’m not sure how one instils that sense in neighbors who take SSRIs and watch CNN, who voted for Hillary, who think binLaden collapsed the Twin Towers, who buy stocks on margin to take advantage of the economic recovery, and who think a few ppm of CO2 will boil the oceans and melt Earth’s crust. In other words, MY neighbors.

But let’s just pretend for a moment we all live in communities that are even capable of being informed and motivated. Nicole’s own “informed sense of urgency” is hugely laudable, but with growing populations of have-nots, and increasingly thuggish globalist elites (because tax revenues fall during deflation), how should community gardens be defended? This is a very real problem that I don’t recall AE ever adequately addressing.

Is there a pesticide against human locusts? Human locusts, by the way, carry knives and guns.

Do you appoint a Don Corleone from within the group to “provide protection” in exchange for a cut of your community largesse?

In the U.S., if your remedy involves calling the cops, then prepare for fines and jail time for showing a movie without a permit. And forfeiture of all your civil assets for running an illegal “farm.”

Jeff Rense has lately spoken to guests who claim that South African blacks are intent upon, and currently active in, genocidally eliminating whites from the country altogether. As a solution, Rense suggests bringing all the South African whites to the U.S. Ask yourself whether that’s likely to succeed, and whether it provides an enduring solution to the problem. Because, after all, providing white South Africans with the means to actually defend themselves would be a thought crime, wouldn’t it? Besides, American armament sales are better confined to groups like Saudi Arabia, Israel, ISIS, and Mexican cartels.

You’ll either have adequate means to defend your community property or you’ll lose it. Surely you must know that. What does A.E. suggest we do?

zerosum
    Participant

You’ll either have adequate means to defend your community property or you’ll lose it. Surely you must know that. What does A.E. suggest we do?

Ask Saddam Hussein and Gaddafi what they did wrong.
    Ohhh! I forgot. They have been killed.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Yes, Arnold, having also spent time on the high seas, the watercolor stirred something in me as well. Maybe the sense of loneliness and insignificance when she kicks up?

https://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/turner-vignette-study-of-a-ship-in-a-storm-for-the-andes-coast-campbells-poetical-works-d27563

V. Arnold
    Participant

I love Nicole’s optimism and sense of community.
    I wish I knew people like that; but I do not.
    Even in the states; every man/woman/famity for itself.
    Family here is still mosly intact; but still an isolated entity from the non-existent collective…

John Day
    Participant

Download that sense of responsibility, fellas… It is what it is, and we have to do what we can do and be seen doing it, and explain it to people in a positive way. I’ve started a 9 bed vegetable garden at my work, in the employee break patio area, and it is generating interest. After a little over a year, it is doing quite well, getting big and shaggy. I keep giving it haircuts. It’s the clinic’s garden, but I tend it. It has been a lot of work and expense, and there will be the fall makeover, and digging up all those sweet potatoes again, but maybe I’ll get some help this time, or not… Here’s the link to the home garden, and succession-rotation program I worked out, posted last July. https://www.johndayblog.com/2016/07/liberty-garden-central-texas-climate.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.