Political Machinations of Greece (LIVE)

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Political Machinations of Greece (LIVE)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ashvin
    Participant

Alexis Tsipras on the left, PASOK Chief Evangelos Venizelos on the right Athens News Live Blog: 9.30pm After his attempts to form a government, the Sy
    [See the full post at: Political Machinations of Greece (LIVE)]

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

Everyone spends all day analyzing how good the different chair arrangements look on the Debt Money Titanic.

“We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government. We believe it. We believe it is a part of sovereignty….

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business.

When we have restored the money of the Constitution, all other necessary reforms will be possible, and that until that is done there is no reform that can be accomplished.”

~William Jennings Bryan, Cross of Gold Speech in 1896

I don’t care about the chairs that everyone else obsesses over, I care about stabilizing the ship – and only ending debt based money and kicking out the criminal architects from power will get us down the right path.

Until then, we are Hansel and Gretel heading right into a trap, whether we chose left or right.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.