Nicole Foss: The Boundaries and Future of Solution Space

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Nicole Foss: The Boundaries and Future of Solution Space

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Gustave Doré Dream of the Eagle (from Dante’s Purgatory) 1868 We’ve come to the end of our little ‘chapters experiment’, using Nicole’s long article.
    [See the full post at: Nicole Foss: The Boundaries and Future of Solution Space]

Supranational
    Participant

Brillant!

Yet Nicole does not Address the supraordinate ontological status of the variable of population or the the Supraordinate Problem Space of overpopulation, carrying capacity overshoot.

Please see https://depopulationtreatise.blogspot.ca for a refutation of Nicole Foss.

A Global, Fascist, “One World Company Limited” is the only solution space that matches the corresponding scale of THE Supraordinate Problem Space.

Cheers

gezelle
    Participant

I would have preferred it all in one piece.

bluebird
    Participant

This is easier to print in one piece. But easier to read a chapter each day.

cloudhidden
    Participant

@Supranational
    Had a read of your link.
    Didn’t a fellow named Adolph have similar, though more limited ideas?
    No Thanks.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Supranational:
    Brillant! (sic).
    A lot of blather there, but I know where you’re headed:
    “Hillary for President.”
    You’ll discover I’m right if you resume your med’s.

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

It’s a toss-up as to which is in shorter supply these days: money or time.
    Had Nicole’s article been posted in one piece, I’d have skimmed it, or maybe even skipped it. In sections, I read every word. Hopefully the multi-day format gave Ilargi a few hours to relax.

Jamesinlondon
    Participant

OK – so here’s what I am thinking. If you’re right – and there is no way this collapse is not going to happen – do you really think you will be safe in NZ? If the collapse is that bad – do you not think the mobs coming out of the cities will destroy everything in their wake?

So you moved to Canada yes? And now you’ve moved to NZ. Yes? You think its safe there? Really? How many people live in NZ? 5m? OK so its a big place. So thats your hope? OK. Maybe you will be lucky. But 4.5m people is still a lot of people running through the countryside looking for food and shelter. Even in that amount of land. Are you well hidden? Do you think they won’t find you?

You may be lucky.

I hope we all find a way out of this. I am not that hopeful. Come the end I intend to have the ability to end my life before it gets too crazy. So long as you can face that moment (and its coming no matter how safe you think you are) – then I think you can live with some love and humour in your heart. I wish you well.

bluebird
    Participant

@james – From reading here at TAE and elsewhere, it isn’t finding the safest place. Rather it is being with our loved ones sharing community and skills such that we all can make the best of the situation, whereever we are.

neoh
    Participant

I prefer the long way but then I’m a junkie when it comes to this type of topic. Realistically though, the shorter segments may be better for introducing folks, who may not be tracking these type of developments, to TAE.

Nicole Foss

Jamesinlondon,

I took my kids to Canada to get them out of the UK, which I saw as having limited options for the future. We went there because we already had citizenship and family there, and we could afford a farm, unlike in the UK. When my kids were grown up and I could travel to where I felt could achieve the most (ie where the most people were listening), I ended up in the South Pacific. I didn’t come here to be comfortable or personally safe, and I wasn’t running away from anything. I wanted to help the most people. My personal prospects are much less important to me than the bigger picture. I am nearly 50. I am more concerned about the younger generation.

I divide my time mostly between Australia and New Zealand. I am based in New Zealand because I was invited to be here. After being there for 18 months, I also now have many friends and connections there. It feels like a place where I belong. So long as it continues to do so, I intend to stay.

Nicole Foss

Supranational, I did address population and carrying capacity as problems. What I do not countenance is people playing god as to how that predicament resolves itself. Nature will take care of it. We are not going to like that, but it will happen whether we like it or not. That’s far better than turing to fascist methods. Those would achieve nothing good and everything bad, arguably making life not worth living in the meantime. I would rather take my chances with nature, and I mean that far beyond the personal level.

Supranational
    Participant

Nicole Foss,

Your response is genuinely appreciated.

If ANYONE can show me a solution space that matches the supraordinate problem space, while simultaneously neutralizing the the selfish competition between sub-global actors for limited, highly leveraged, mutually exclusive shares of biocapacity in a zero sum game, PLEASE DO!

I am a dynamic, fluid thinker, with no organizational or financial conflicts of interest with my thoughts. I incorporate BETTER ideas into my mind at light speed (So long as they are based on reason, mathematics, logic, and biophysical reality).

I am an advocate of meritocratic round table consensus decision making. Yet this ideal is NOT compossible with the supraordinate problem space we face, and does not resolve the game theory paradox.

I did not say the first planetary government would be perfect. (far from it) But it will be the FIRST planetary government, in an asymptotic progression taking humanity from a near infinite assembly of competing tribal units to a unified people in homeostatic dynamic equilibrium with EARTH.

Your “playing god” critique, fit seamlessly with some reflections I had upon entering sleep mode last night. I was contemplating how psychic asymmetries and internal contradictions that are relatively benign at the individual scale can become fatal flaws when upscaled by power. Leaders invariably sow the seeds of their own destruction. A successful large scale leadership should ALWAYS be paired with an advisory group of the most intelligent and meritorious to act as a necessary dialectical counterbalance to this phenomena.

I think therefor I exist. My free will in a mathematical domain of determinism is the existential proof that I have a primary mental existence outside spacetime. Anything that has a primary, non-dimensional existence is immortal by definition.

Am I a God? NO!

Am I immersed in a asymptotic dialectical progression that creates Gods. YES!

Do I have incredibly large spacetime horizons. YES

Do my conceptions of Humanity extend beyond the survivability of the planets majority of human bodies? YES

Do I want to add a foundation stone to help build the divine human society of the future. YES

Can Humanity immanetize the eschaton and reify our conceptions of perfection on planet earth? FUCK YES!

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Supranational,

This might be of interest to you:

Pope’s Chemtrail Depopulation Coin Minted By The Vatican in 1985

It’s a big club, and I suspect that you, too, aren’t in it.

sinnycool
    Participant

“For when truth enters into a fight with the lies of millennia, we shall have upheavals, a convulsion of earthquakes, a moving of mountains and valleys, the like of which has never been dreamed of. The concept of politics will have merged entirely with a war of spirits; all power structures of the old society will have been exploded-all of them are based on lies: there will be wars the like of which have never yet been seen on earth.”
    ~ Nietzsche

V. Arnold
    Participant

To print “it” whole or in parts? Do exactly what you have done here. Print links to all chapters; best of both worlds, no?

Jamesinlondon
    Participant

Nicole,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

It is going to be interesting for sure.

Please keep us up to date with your thoughts.

All the best,

James.

V. Arnold
    Participant

…but it does cut down the amount of daily postings…

Realitychecker
    Participant

Nicole’s article is a realistic, if depressing overview of a future with limited options that we are all facing. In this instant, I think she could be well cast in the role of the Count, as expressed by these two lines taken from “The St Petersburg Dialogues” by Joseph de Maistre. I came across them as the Epigraph to John Gray’s book “Black Mass: Apocalyptic Religion and the Death of Utopia”

THE SENATOR: This is an abyss into which it is better not to look
    THE COUNT: My friend we are not free not to look.

It’s well worth reading anything by John Gray, especially as he was one of the few people to anticipate a major financial crisis (2007/8), as his book “False Dawn: The Delusions of Global Capitalism” written in 1998 reveals.

Nicole, you deserve a big thank you for this article, and all the other articles you and Raúl post on TAE, they have taught me a great deal over the years. Finally, I would like to say I particularly like the use of Gustave Doré’s Dante illustrations, a subtle touch.

Paul Steer
    Participant

I appreciated both formats: shorter sections posted each day together with the full article posted at the end of the week. In the same way that this site discusses the velocity of currency as an important determinant of shared prosperity, I would suggest that a similar, ‘prosperity of ideas’ is supported when a longish article such as Nicole’s is posted in shorter chunks. It gives busy people something to read and reflect upon at a certain point during their day, and makes it more likely that they’ll return for the next installment tomorrow.

sailorgirl
    Participant

Nicole, thank you so much for these 5 articles. My husband and I read them together and discussed them over several days. We have been followers of your blog for many years now and know that you have written about these things many times before. We can’t help but feel that you expect a big event of some kind in the near future that will be a total shock to a lot of people and that is why you feel the urgency to bring it all together for us once again in this long piece. We believe your analysis is spot on and have tried to follow your advice. You are the best systems thinker we have found in our search for answers, so thanks again for all the time and energy you have put into helping others. You are greatly appreciated!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.