The Shock Doctrine has come to New Zealand

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum The Shock Doctrine has come to New Zealand

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jamesC

We used to have an elected dictatorship. The shock doctrine began in 1984.

I don’t know about oil in Canterbury, other than one sentence here:
    https://www.nzog.net/Exploration

Does someone want to tell me about it?

Russell Lee It's All Over  June 1939 "Veteran migrant agricultural worker camped in Wagoner County, Oklahoma. He has followed the road f
    [See the full post at: The Shock Doctrine has come to New Zealand]

NTB

Would never have thought TAE would come to my home town and suburb, welcome. Enjoy the stay.

TPTB certainly knew the bubbles wouldn’t last; in fact, they even bet against them in some cases. Makes you just wonder if this world crisis wasn’t one big planned “shock doctrine” from the get go. Bailouts and rule changes for TPTB, austerity for the masses, assets picked up for a song, privatization wherever possible. It’s always easier to loot when there’s chaos and confusion.

Great article! How sad for Christchurch. These guys are always well-planned and they act quickly; the population doesn’t even see them coming until long after the damage is done.

Some good fascism quotes cited by Charles Hugh Smith:

“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it comes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism – ownership of government by an individual, by a group.”
    –Franklin D. Roosevelt

“Whenever justice is uncertain and police spying and terror are at work, human beings fall into isolation, which, of course, is the aim and purpose of the dictator state, since it is based on the greatest possible accumulation of depotentiated social units.”
    –Carl Gustav Jung

And more…

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1002465257

oilcrash

Its oil resources are being exported?????????
    Great article, and after watching SD, I thought what a gift Chch was to TPTB , Lyn’s article sums it up, it is just the above comment, that doesn’t ring true, from what I understand they are still fighting over fracking and non has started yet, as far as oil ???? maybe out in the ocean, but isn’t that further south? And they haven’t started that yet?

Maybe I didn’t read this post closely enough to detect the words “New Orleans,” but this sounds like a New Zedland version of the post-Katrina phenomenon. So many similarities, right down to the forced removal of groups considered undesirable by the power structure. And look how well that’s worked out for the Crescent City, eh? From Crescent to Christchurch…

Seemorerocks

Thank you, Ilargi, for posting this article and for your own insight on what is happening to Canterbury. Alas, it is all too true!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.