Debt Rattle March 28 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 28 2019

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Self portrait 1907   • UK MPs Vote Down All Alternative Brexit Options (G.) • Speaker Issues Fresh Warning Over Third Vote On May’s
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 28 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Pablo Picasso Self portrait 1907
    Great picture/self portrait; it is so like the Picasso of Woody Allen’s Midnight in Paris; that I suspect Allen did his homework on his featured artists. I love that movie.

How is it possible she was ever the no. 1 show?

Now there’s the question! Maddow is a wack job, always has been.
    But her #1 position, should be a huge example, of the mental health of the average American.
    Tragic…

V. Arnold
    Participant

The Arab world can’t let this go.

• ‘Why Not Give Israel North & South Carolina?’ Syrian Envoy Asks US At UN (RT)

Syria’s UN ambassador has suggested the US hand “a couple” of its own states over to Israel instead of flaunting international law and selling others’ land for favors with the Israeli lobby, like it did with the Golan Heights.
    Syria’s UN Ambassador Bashar Jaafari offered a stark rebuke to the US-backed Israeli claim to the occupied Golan Heights at the UN Security Council meeting on Wednesday. Jaafari said the Trump administration does the bidding of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the UN to curry favor with the powerful Israeli lobby in the US.

I got a good belly laugh out of that one. Hillarious…
    But spot on at the same time.
    At times, the U.S., exceeds even itself, in absurdity and hubris…

I’ve never witnessed a government self destructing in such an obvious way; for the entire world to see as well; must be horribly embarassing too boot…
    But then, that would take self reflection…

Polder Dweller
    Participant

Article 11, which would stop search engines from showing snippets of text from other websites

Seems my days of reading TAE are numbered ;C

TAE is not a search engine

Turkey is in real deep sh*t. The central bank went through a third of its foreign reserves defending the lira, to no avail. As I said above, fighting short sellers is like fighting windmills. There are -local- elections coming up on Sunday. Then Erdogan can go nuts.

Turkey’s economic collapse is no longer a question of if, but when

John Day
    Participant

Giving Israel North and South Carolina is out of the question. They already own New York, Washington and LA.
    Let’s talk about Mississippi, though…

Dr. D
    Participant

I’ve picked on May so let’s pick on the Brexiteers this morning. So their plan is to perpetually confound any solution or vote, basically without offering any plan of their own, to force the nation into a no-deal exit? I mean, yes, but if May had operated or negotiated in good faith, they would have had a lot less to work with. It would be nice to referendum the Brexit deal once finalized, but it would take time they don’t have, re-open the vote, and you’d have a split result: people who don’t want Brexit, and people who don’t want THIS Brexit. Oh well, it’s going where it’s going.

How bad is it when the sweetener for your deal is that you’ll go away in disgrace and never come back? Actually, I’m just as happy to let her show how atrocious, how ruthless, unrepresentative, and useless Parliament and British government in general are. Since the only thing they care about is personal embarrassment and ego, maybe it’ll get them to fix it.

“[They] forced the overnight lira rate up to about 1,000 percent from 23 percent.”

That’s because there are no markets, only interventions. You should’ve have bought billions of those F35s that can’t fly and NATO has a kill switch for instead of the S400 that can defend your country for a few thousand.

“MEPs Approved Controversial ‘Meme Ban’ EU Copyright Law By Accident (Ind.)”

Sure, an accident that crushes free speech in favor of huge corporations. Some accident. Naturally as a “bad” law, we’ll have to enforce it selectively against our enemies and for our friends. Oops.

Anyway, since it was bad and they misunderstood it, they’re going to repeal it now, right? I mean, it just takes a few seconds. Aye, Nay, all done!

John Day
    Participant

http://www.johndayblog.com/2019/03/narratives-breaking.html
    Global financial elites: “Let them eat rubber bullets”.
    ​Macron outed himself as the very symbol of what animates the globalist elite he represents.
    Disdain.
    The disdain he holds for the people he leads is palpable. It’s as palpable for his disdain for the British who voted for Brexit.
    To him the EU is all, the EU is inevitable and when faced with the choice of serving France or serving the EU, he chooses the EU every time.
    That is what led him to this disastrous decision to deploy the French military to the streets for the first time since 1948 with orders to shoot protestors.
    https://www.strategic-culture.org/news/2019/03/27/globalism-last-disgrace-army-vs-yellow-vests.html

Parliament voted on 8 options, and voted all of them down. There is no decent option. That has been prevented by two and a half years of play acting by people who really need Brexit to fail, and better if Britain loses sovereignty as part of the “deal”. Time is shorter thn it seems, since procedures must be followed, and they take set amounts of time. “Crash-Out-Brexit” happens, even if everybody votes against it.
    Mrs Leadsom told the Commons: “The motion tabled will comply with the Speaker’s ruling.”
    She added: “The only way we ensure we leave in good time on 22 May is by approving the withdrawal agreement by 23:00 GMT on 29 March.”
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47729773

Just get out…​
    The most controversial “meme ban” part of new EU copyright law was voted through by MEPs by mistake, it has emerged.
    This week, the European Parliament voted to pass the new copyright regulations, which critics claim could fundamentally alter how the internet works. And one vote on those specifics of those rules appears to have been decided on the basis of MEPs who approved them by accident…
    But desp​i​te the fact that the voting records now show the corrected results, the original ones will still stand. There is no way for those MEPs to change the official vote, even though the records can be corrected.
    The new EU copyright rules force technology companies to take responsibility for the content that is shared on their platforms. That has proven controversial among copyright activists, internet campaigners and the technology companies themselves – with Google suggesting that it might have to fundamentally alter its search results, and YouTube suggesting it could be forced to ban people within Europe from uploading videos at all.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/meme-ban-eu-copyright-law-article-13-11-vote-results-european-union-eu-meps-a8842646.html

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.