Debt Rattle March 5 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle March 5 2017

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Near The Hermitage, SaintPetersburg, Russia 1930   • The Rich Already Have a UBI (Jacobin) • The Next Market To Break *Should* Be Stocks (MA) • A
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle March 5 2017]

rapier
    Participant

On income. First, wildly unequal distribution of income (and wealth) is the feature of a Conservative society and perfectly in tune with neoliberal ideas. The idea that it is a problem is mostly beyond their conception. The belief that they deserve what they have and even earned it, if only because they had the right parents, is a foundation of how they see themselves.

Absent any high political or economic theory however the wealthy want to keep what they have, period, and they will accept the complete destruction of everything including themselves to keep it Besides there is not a politician in America who has even considered raising capital gains tax rates even a tiny bit so the idea that there will be any change in tax laws based upon that articles ideas is impossible.

V. Arnold
    Participant

The fucking “great escalator” broke in the 70’s; WTF???
    Mother of the gods; the cognitive dissonance is just stunning.
    In this age of deceit, it’s incumbent for every person to take responsibility for their education and awareness of the onslaught of false information rained down upon them.

zerosum
    Participant

income divorced from work- already exists. It is called capital income.

It’s also called… Welfare …. Pension ….. Disability income … Unemployment income …. Gambling …. Stock market … Debt slavery

Those that are falling through the cracks need a minimum living income

<>The universal basic income

seychelles
    Participant

Human social history characterized as a series of bubbles popped in vises bracketed by freeloaders from the top and freeloaders from the bottom.

tabarnick
    Participant

You write “Since it’s impossible to deport millions of people”…

Impossible, and yet US government figures show that between 2009 and 2015 the Obama administration has removed more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders. This does NOT include the number of people who “self-deported” or were turned away and/or returned to their home country at the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Nassim
    Participant

Here is the narrative of a Deplorable who saw the light. Painful.

A primer on the hatred of climate skeptics – one woman saw the light and is no longer a leftist

I suggest since QE didn’t have a feared inflationary effect, why not just tee off on the printing presses and wire thousands into each person’s account each month to super charge the economy into raging growth. Let’s all work part time and party the rest of the time. Go snow skiing, jet skis, hovercrafts, catamarans, travel, cruise ships, Viking river cruises, jet setting, designer clothing, jaguars, Jacuzzi’s, Ferrari’s, Mazerati’s, Lamborghini’s, Porsche and other luxury cars. Let’s go out on a really high note!

Dr. Diablo
    Participant

I’m sorry, the Soviet Union, Venuzuela, Argentina, Cuba, are all considered “Conservative Society”? Because they had a massive income disparity akin to feudalism. Or perhaps this is something in human nature that accumulates when it can, and focuses on the self first and others after?

Speaking of, the other day there was a comment on the benefits of outlawing Capitalism. Are they going to outlaw my trading pickles for cider with my neighbor? Or prevent me from helping him fix his car on Sunday for loose change? If we are too backward to exchange among ourselves — which would be the “free market” — who instead will proctor all economic changes between humans on planet earth? To whom will I say, “mother may I?” or “your Lordship may I?”.

Or maybe they mean the accumulation of “Capital” must be outlawed. That is, I must not accumulate cabbages, hoes, shop tools, or garden sheds, as they are the concentration of das Capital, in private control, which can be used to create more capital, used for example, to eat and not starve. But in fact, even my bearskin and flint knife is capital and private property, i.e. Capitalism. Seems a bit on the extreme, don’t you think?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.