Debt Rattle 9/11 2014: Shut Up George Soros

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle 9/11 2014: Shut Up George Soros

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

DPC Real Estate Exchange from Dime Bank building, Detroit 1918 Someone should shut up George Soros. The Financial Times offers him a podium because he
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle 9/11 2014: Shut Up George Soros]

jal
    Participant

“the most pressing problems facing capitalism is that there are way too many knowledgeable, smart people to make any ism work.”

Classical Capitalism Devolved To Crony-Capitalism?
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-09-11/why-has-classical-capitalism-devolved-crony-capitalism
    Everyone who pursues prudent risk management has either been fired or saw the writing on the wall and exited stage right. So the only people left at the gaming tables of the big institutional players are those individuals who are genetically incapable of responding appropriately to rising risk. Those who did have long been fired for “underperformance.”

The EU is not an unfinished, but a failed project. It wasn’t, and isn’t, based on values and ideals, but on money.
    Any legitimate reform will require dismantling crony-capitalist/state-cartel arrangements. Since that would hurt those at the top of the wealth/power pyramid, reform is politically impossible.

Therefore be cooperative, support the status quo, do not desire or strive for change ….
    OTHERWISE YOU WILL GET A REPUTATION OF BEING
    a rebels, revolutionaries, saboteurs, anarchists, ISIS, “terrorists”, and have your reputation smeared for massacres, atrocities, war crimes, secession, treason, sociopathic behavior, separatists.

THEREFORE, THE U.S.A. WILL DECLARE WAR UPON YOU.

DUHHHHHHH.
    ===

Newfoundland declares war on the U.S.A.
    President Barack Obama was in the Oval Office when his telephone rang.
    “Hallo, President Obama ” a heavily accented voice said. “This is Archie, up ere at the Harp Seal Pub in Badger’s Cove , Newfoundland , Canada , eh? I am callin’ to tells ya dat we are officially declaring war on ya!”
    “Well Archie,” Barack replied, “This is indeed important news !
How big is your army ?”
    “Right now,” said Archie, after a moments calculation “there is myself, me cousin Harold , me next-door-neighbor Mick, and the whole dart team from the pub. That makes eight!”
    Barack paused. “I must tell you Archie that I have one million men in my army waiting to move on my command.”
    “Wow,” said Archie. “I’ll have ta call ya back!”
Sure enough, the next day, Archie called again. ” Mr. Obama , the war is still on! We have managed to acquire some infantry equipment!”
    “And what equipment would that be Archie?” Barack asked.
    “Well sir, we have two combines, a bulldozer, and Harry ‘s farm tractor.”
    President Obama sighed. “I must tell you Archie, that I have 16,000 tanks and 14,000 armored personnel carriers. Also I’ve increased my army to one and a half million since we last spoke.”
    “Lord above”, said Archie, “I’ll be getting back to ya.”
    Sure enough, Archie rang again the next day.. ” President Obama , the war is still on! We have managed to git ourselves airborne! We up an’ modified Harrigan’s ultra-light wit a couple of shotguns in the cockpit, and four boys from the Legion have joined us as well!”
    Barack was silent for a minute then cleared his throat. “I must tell you Archie that I have 10,000 bombers and 20,000 fighter planes. My military complex is surrounded by laser-guided, surface-to-air missile sites. And since we last spoke, I’ve increased my army to TWO MILLION!”
    “Jumpins,” said Archie, “l’ll have ta call youse back.”
    Sure enough, Archie called again the next day. ” President Obama ! I am sorry to have to tell you dat we have had to call off dis ‘ere war.”
    “I’m sorry to hear that” said Barack . “Why the sudden change of heart?”
    Well, sir,” said Archie, “we’ve all sat ourselves down and had a long chat over a bunch of pints, and come to realize dat dere’s no way we can feed two million prisoners..”

rapier
    Participant

As a general rule separatist parties and movements in any country bring dysfunction on a national level which in turn makes separatism more attractive, in a vicious circle. For 30 years Quebec has been almost completely absent on the national level as separatist candidates win most elections and are then excluded from the government. Canada is adrift now with a coalition led by, you should probably have guessed it, an American style corporatist. I suppose a similar dynamic has been playing out in Spain.

Scotland doesn’t quite fit this mold as Britain, the empire, small ‘e’, never really offered much of any power to the periphery and after all it is it’s own country, sort of. It should be noted Canada has a very peculiar legal relationship to the empire an odd formality of having a queens representative certify elections, if that’s the right word.

Not that centralizing power has been a good thing on any national level. It’s just that separatism is not really going to solve the problems people want solved. Our problems transcend politics as every AE reader should understand. I get why IM is all for decentralization but is that really going to help?

Gravity
    Participant

The past is the empty set { } full of tachyons.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

>>If the Scots want to break free from the United Kingdom, that is their god – or UN, whichever comes first -given right. And people like Soros need to butt out of that discussion.<<
    Uh, not quite. If the Banksters that run the UN decide that the Scotland under the thumb is where the UN financiers and controllers want it, THEN THE SCOTTISH HAVE NO RIGHT TO SECEDE ACCORDING TO THE UN! This is NOT debatable.
    Article 29.
    (3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

The UN is a fraud. Council on Foreign Relations historian, Professor Carroll Quigley, explains why in his magnum opus Tragedy and Hope.
    Tragedy and Hope
    https://real-world-news.org/bk-quigley/00.html
    The oligarchs who financed and controlled the British Empire for their own personal gain faced less resistance to their oppression when “international organizations” carried out the oppression. This is fact is found in the Council on Foreign Relations private library and Carroll Quigley was the only allowed to peruse that library and write about it.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

>>There’s nothing wrong with international governance by itself, the problem is in the way we’ve set it up, and what we thus have allowed it to turn into.<<
    “Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.”
    ~Lord Acton
    “We” didn’t set it up, the international banking cartel set it up. The general population is ignorant and apathetic regarding politics – hence they couldn’t set up an international government even if they were given a chance to do so, which will never, ever happen.
    There is no way for international governance to work because the sociopaths that run every government today (and I don’t necessarily mean paid front politicians for the mega bank OWNERS that finance and control most governments) will run international government every single time. Without fail. There is no alternative.
    The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire records what happens to decent “international government” in the form of a dictator… they get killed by the 2nd tier class of people that benefit from the ruthless dictator that loots the masses and shares it with the 2nd tier class.
    A major problem we have today is that people IMAGINE a reality that simply has never existed and then they play pretend that it can exist.
    This is the exact reason we are looking right down the double barrel of the Debt Star that is ready to implode the economies of planet Earth.
    “We all have a tendency to think that the world must conform to our prejudices. The opposite view involves some effort of thought, and most people would die sooner than think – in fact they do so.”
    ~Bertrand Russell, The ABC of Relativity (1925), p. 166.
    PS – I’m all for international government – but only led directly by an all good God Almighty.

Professorlocknload
    Participant

George is rich because he deals in political influence. He buys and sells elections. This one included.

Somewhere in this PR release, there is a personal financial motive for him.

Still, elections don’t matter. Executive privilege will simply over rule unfavorable outcomes,,,the ones that couldn’t be manipulated, that is.

In the end, Scotland isn’t going anywhere, unless it wants to bring the wrath of US made explosive ordinance down on itself. Oh, and a dollop of economic sanctions.

The Pentagon is a British ally, no?

Time wasted, that spent on things than just won’t be allowed to happen. Like oil wealthy Texas seceding from the US MIC, or oil rich Scotland from the English MIC. Makes for nice diversions, though.

Speaking of assorted oil wealth entities, and international Military/Industrial Machinery, where are George’s Investments these days?

Professorlocknload
    Participant

…and because absolute power corrupts, absolutely, it’s corruption brings it’s demise. Because when it is finished eating everything in it’s path, it feeds on itself until it is consumed.

Like an inverted pyramid, central power becomes top heavy, and collapses of it’s own weight. Just a long cycle, nothing more. One can stand ones place at waters edge on the beach at low tide, or step back and stay dry.

https://www.gurufocus.com/StockBuy.php?GuruName=George+Soros

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

> > “And even if you don’t believe in heaven, you should at least have an inch of decency left in your life, and that too would make it imperative that you stop these atrocities being committed in your name.”

The implication being that a loss (or absence) of decency attends atheism?

https://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/01/study-atheists-more-compassionate-than-highly-religious-people/

From where I sit, the world’s war criminals don’t appear to be zealous atheists. And George Soros is a Zionist Jew (born Schwartz Gyorgy).

Morality predicated on the promise of Heaven is NOT morality. Morality predicated on God’s word … is ISIS morality. Atheism and Satanism are essentially antonyms.

Continuing to nit-pick that quote, which I BTW agree with in spirit, how exactly can I stop atrocities being committed in my name? By praying? Or just as ineffective: by voting, writing my congressman, or carrying a sign in a protest? Might I anticipate Nuland and Yatsenyuk being swayed by my efforts in those regards?

> > “Too much power gets concentrated at the top – this is just as true for the US as well -, and the shit that floats to the top of that should never be trusted with that kind of power. They should at best be allowed to run rural Five and Dimes, and only under strict supervision.”

Of course, supervisory positions tend to attract the very people you’re trying to supervise, so even the Five and Dime solution won’t work. Maybe the problem isn’t “shit that floats to the top,” but rather political systems that feature a “top” to float to.

> > “The only thing we can do, no matter how large the setting, is set up a system, based on law, that prevents the wrong kind of people from floating to the top.”

Precisely what the framers of the Constitution struggled with, and failed to adequately safeguard against. As Karl Denninger points out, the thing that’s missing from the Constitution is an “or else.” There should be clear penalties for violations of Constitutional law written right into the Constitution itself. Any legislator trying to abridge the right to keep and bear arms would, for instance, be fined heavily and imprisoned for a few months. Any President facilitating a money supply issued by private banks would, for instance, be shot at sunrise. There’s your solution, but good luck trying to get the country’s “floating shits” to adopt it.

Variable81
    Participant

Time to pee in some cornflakes. Hopefully the following comments will be viewed as true introspection from a bitter/sleep-deprived curmudgeon, and not snarky and overly critical personal attacks on members of the TAE community (though I admit, they are both snarky and critical in nature)…

@TheTrivium4TW

““We” didn’t set it up, the international banking cartel set it up. The general population is ignorant and apathetic regarding politics”.

And yet, you/we continue to be complicit with its existence. Unless you are planning some sort of coup to take down international governance that you cannot discuss here, I would suggest that you are critical of international governance but at the same time complicit in its existence due to the fact you choose to do nothing to impede/curtail it.

The general population is not *forced* to be ignorant and apathetic – that is a choice they have made themselves (i.e. willful blindness), thus they cannot declare they are not complicit in creating the world we exist in today.

@Diogenes Shrugged,

“Continuing to nit-pick that quote, which I BTW agree with in spirit, how exactly can I stop atrocities being committed in my name?”

The immediate thought that popped into my head is “you can’t”. Not unless you are actually willing to do something to prevent said atrocities, or at the very least something in defiance of those green-lighting said atrocities. And by that, yes, I do mean all sorts of nonsense like putting bullets in skulls, strapping dynamite to your chest to blow up yourself/others in some public venue (perhaps not in the name of Allah, but certainly in the name of your convictions), or something equally as violent – as how else can you stop (i.e. force) others from committing these atrocities other than through inherently violent means (any degree of “force” being a form of violence, IMO)?

I’m not condoning any of that nonsense, mind you (I have neither the courage nor the conviction nor the Action Hero physique to force people to do anything, beyond whatever influence my snarky criticisms can have on them). Just pointing out how (sadly) funny I find it when people either talk about trying to stop something (which requires some degree of force – as why would the tyrannical Powers that Be just up and stop doing things that directly benefit them for no good reason – and is thus a bit hypocritical on the part of those individuals pushing forceful solutions), or talk about distancing themselves from said atrocities by speaking out against/voting against/etc. the people/system whom perpetuate said atrocities.

The second approach I mentioned is (sadly) funny too, as people think by speaking out against the system and “fighting the good fight” (but in a non-violent way) they are doing some degree of good by not being complicit in the atrocities of Western society. But remember that these are the same people who maintain a 1st world standard of living; the same people who don’t have to fight for their survival every day and enjoy an enormous amount of safety and security; the same people who have the *privilege* to waste time on blogs crying out about how much the world stinks and how badly the people at the top are running the show. These people, who cannot see that simply by existing within Western society, are benefiting from the spoils of Western Imperialism to some degree and are thus complicit with its existence (regardless of whether or not they believe it to be true).

“Precisely what the framers of the Constitution struggled with, and failed to adequately safeguard against. As Karl Denninger points out, the thing that’s missing from the Constitution is an “or else.””

The Constitution is just a piece of paper. Every law, every rule and perhaps every human right only exists to be violated/broken at some point in time… and you simply cannot maintain a just/moral society when it is population by unjust/immoral people. This is where the true failure is – not legislators or bankers, as much as it is fashionable to bash them in this day and age, but in We the People and our failure to hold *ourselves* to account.

In a way, I think we’d all be better served looking at ourselves and our own failings rather than spending so much time moaning and groaning about the sociopaths we’ve allowed to take the helm of this ship we call Humanity (though I’m sure there are some of you thinking I’m out to lunch right now… I mean, how could YOU possibly have any failings? How could YOU possibly be at all responsible for the crapulence of the world? Obviously its all the bankers and politicians fault!).

Again, sorry for the urine-flavoured cornflakes (I know they’re bitter), but I think we all need to recognize that we’re all complicit in some form or another of what is happening in the world today (whether we are active through forcefulness, or passive through apathy, ignorance or immortality). Otherwise we get caught up in a cycle of criticizing those who are so obviously guilty (yet so obviously oblivious/impervious to our criticisms) rather than criticizing ourselves to try to realize how we can lead better lives and thus be better people (i.e. the kinds of people who wouldn’t be complicit in allowing a cartel of sociopathic individuals to control the political and financial institutions of the world, waging wars of persecution against some of the world’s poorest and weakest individuals).

-GBV

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Variable81,

The cornflakes tasted fine. Thank you for your comments.

I’ll chalk it up to conversational style, but I’d certainly understand if I started receiving a regular drubbing in response to things I write here. I get pretty shrill about climate change, for instance, and wonder how far I can push it before Ilargi kicks me out. We’re all here to exchange points of view. Hopefully everybody walks away with nothing worse than minor bruises. Anyway, speaking strictly for myself, occasionally I need a good, figurative roundhouse kick to the side of the head before I wake up and learn something important.

You’re right – – and I’ll take the liberty to paraphrase your central point – – short of using violence, individuals are impotent to effectively stop the rape. Some minds can’t be changed with reason, common sense or special appeals, and can only be “changed” by permanently “switching them off.” But even if a crafty vigilante terminated a hundred of the worst, it would barely make a noticeable dent in the status quo, so even violence has ruinous limitations. Especially when compared with the violence the enemy wields every day.

I have to differ with you, however, concerning introspection as a solution to the world’s problems. It’s all well and good to look inside one’s self and discover the nuances of virtue, but that will not serve as an adequate defense when they come to rape you again. We are dealing with crimes here. Criminals who prey on good people and thereby make a dishonest living for themselves. Leaving a wake of suffering and death as they mislead us into thinking things are under control.

That said, this will probably get my door knocked down in the middle of the night, but I’m going to urge you here to become heavily armed and mentally prepared to defend yourself, your family and your home (if you haven’t already). You don’t have to venture out and shoot politicians and bankers. They will eventually bring the war to you. You will learn the meaning of fear and panic in an unbearable and insane way if you’ve left yourself unprepared when they do. And if you’re defenseless and frightened, think of how frightened your family will be.

You’ve read it before – – it’s not that lengthy – – read it again. Solzhenitsyn knew firsthand, and he gave us the gift of his warning:

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?… The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin’s thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If…if…We didn’t love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation…. We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

We grew up here in the U.S. thinking we were free. Thinking the most powerful military in the world had secured that freedom permanently. Thinking freedom was a birthright, an entitlement, an unassailable given. We were wrong. Freedom requires maintenance. Freedom requires effort. I don’t know what the future holds, but I’ll give handsome odds that the future for many people will be shockingly grim. You snooze, you’ll lose. I wish everybody here the best. Of luck, that is.

A sharp old metallurgist once told me that there are two ways to run a mill (for processing ores into concentrates and tailings). You can run easy or you can run smart. No need for a lengthy explanation with examples; I think you get the point. More than wishing everybody good luck, I hope you all run smart.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.