Debt Rattle April 1 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 1 2019

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

JR-ART.net/AFP/Getty Collage by artist JR in the courtyard of the Louvre to mark 30th birthday of museum’s glass pyramid. 2019   • Trump Is Going
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 1 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

JR-ART.net/AFP/Getty Collage by artist JR in the courtyard of the Louvre to mark 30th birthday of museum’s glass pyramid. 2019

Interesting that is shown as an archeological dig; I kind of like the imagery…

“This is going to be the most vitriolic period in American history since before the Civil War,” Steve Bannon predicts of the next few months. President Trump is “going to get off the chain…it’s going to be payback,” he tells @RichardEngel. “People better strap in and watch it.”

I find this amusing; off the chain?
    Oh please; Trump will tow the line, or end up like Kennedy…
    The U.S. “government” is bought and owned; 2020 is a done deal already.
    The future is assured; at least within the U.S.; the world is in the process of alignments; multipolarity is assured; but peace is far from certain…

Dr. D
    Participant

The Pyramid. Such symbolism.

“the report stopped short of exonerating him for obstruction”

If there was no crime, what was he obstructing? His innocence? It never ends in the land of lies.

“But in today’s internecine conflict, with tribes fighting for absolute victory or utter defeat, no one seems willing to extend a hand, take a profit or a loss and move on”

That’s the continuing irony. If they would let it go, they could easily and successfully attack him for what he IS doing. Imagine if they had taken all the effort of all the Maddows of the world and applied it to jobs, the environment, and healthcare? Nope.

“Trump was an innocent abroad.” “Trump somehow survived the storm”

Nope. He was an insider from way back, doing cameos and raising his profile, having been a protégé of GOP Nixon back when. Army Intelligence, particularly the Marines and unexpectedly the NSA, got him in and covered for him. What, 15 assassination attempts so far? So it’s Military Intel vs CIA/Deep State, as described in Schumer’s open threat. If you don’t know this sort of thing, nothing makes sense. He is as far from a babe in the woods or a bumbler as can be. But hey, since believing that, and their arrogance, has destroyed them, and three years later, still running the exact same pass play, run with it. Trump may not be a genius, but he has the mind of Military Intel behind him, and says things like ‘he has a better wife and house’ because that’s how to get the goat of the shallow narcissistic sociopaths he’s fighting. And it works like a charm, although other than their mental disorder, I can’t imagine why. It’s just dumb, but if it works…

“Global Trade Takes Sharp Turn with Biggest Drop Since 2009 (ZH)”

Trump’s economy is so great, housing is dropping, 400 retailers are closing, and we have to panic-drop interest rates from practically zero.

“Theresa May’s Government Is On The Verge Of Meltdown (G.)”

Ukraine and Italy have the answer. The only response to this nonsense is to elect a comedian, stat! Only they have the tools to work in this environment.

“Someone suggested Good Friday is more important than the Magna Carta.”

Apparently they’ve never read the Magna Charta.

“fearing a return of customs checks could risk peace, jobs and their way of life.”

Doesn’t the EU have quite a number of such borders, as in Denmark? Do we not have the technology to move horses and carts through a tollbooth beside a policeman? Or are they afraid there won’t be a border or security? Because in the U.S. we aren’t allowed to have a border at all, and it doesn’t seem to be a concern or anything here. Just let everyone and everything through! Cocaine, guns, girls, children, everything. Works for us! Only racists have border crossings and checkpoints.

“The EU is running out of patience with Britain over Brexit,”

He’s hilarious. Or else what, Jean? You’ll invade when Britain has an army nearly as large as Europe combined? You’ll cut off British trade and collapse your own economy in Spain and Germany? No, despite empty posturing by empty suits, you’ll all work it out. It won’t be pretty and smooth and the wrong people will lose money, which is what it’s really all about, but it will happen because it has to.

Dr. D
    Participant

“Sterling Surges As MPs Prepare For 2nd ‘Indicative Vote'”

So since Sterling swerves every time, there’s billions being made each time they vote. So as many votes as possible to fill their bankruptcy? And who’s taking home the money they’re arranging to be made?

They make Congresses’ insider trading look like penny poker.

MoFlora
    Participant

Bannon’s take is probably correct. After all, Trump has already threatened his opponents with the military, the police and his brownshirts (Bikers For Trump). Since we are politically active environmentalists in Trump country, I will not be surprised to see them coming down the driveway.

We shall all see how Trump handles this next set of environmental disasters that are building to a crescendo. The floods are going to hit Trump territory so I expect there will be a genuine effort to help victims.

The other day Maxwell Quest responded to a comment of mine with a thoughtful response. I was unable to answer in a timely manner. This is a very busy time of year and I’m old and I get tired.

MQ’s argument that Trump is keeping us from nuclear war would certainly be compelling if I could ignore the massive increase in defense spending under Trump. This includes an upgrade to the nuclear arsenal and the “Space Force.” Selling weapons to the Saudis for use against innocents in Yemen benefits Kushner and his bankers, but I fail to see it as keeping us out of war.

I completely agree that Clinton’s stint as Secretary of State with her neocon handlers was horrible. It absolutely accelerated the decline of the empire and had she been elected President, war was inevitable. She was not my candidate.

Is the Clinton corruption as bad as Trump’s? Yup.

“Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings. Steal a little and they throw you in jail, Steal a lot and they make you king.” Bobby Dylan

Nursery order coming today. Dig we must.

democritus comment from yesterday’s Debt Rattle, posted today:

If we have another referendum do we have to take into account the two and a half year pro-remain campaign by the Independent? or do we just write that off as “news” about the future? Or maybe we just wipe the slate clean and have a token period of unbiased reporting.

I’ll repeat whatever I wrote on Friday: get a national (unity) government, and leave all this behind, or face the consequences. There are too many different opinions that are too far apart, and you guys will largely still have to co-exist on the same patch of land post-this blame someone anyone match.

At some point., it no longer matters who’s right or wrong, you need to look forward and see what you can do to make the future bearable for everyone, not just you and those who think like you.

Got this mail from Google AdSense today; I have no idea what these people want, and they give me no way to find out. Apparently, someone violated something. But who did what, when, how? I have no way of knowing. They won’t tell me.

Dear Publisher,

This Google Publisher Policy Report gives you an overview of recent activity related to violations found on specific pages of your websites. As enforcement statuses may change over time, please refer to the “Page-level enforcements” section of the AdSense Policy Center for the current list of active violations.

Please note this report doesn’t cover violations that may happen on an overall site or account level. You may be notified by a separate email if site or account level violations are found. Ads will continue to serve where no policy violations have been found, either at the page- or site-level.

In the last 24 hours:

New violations were detected. As a result, ad serving has been restricted or disabled on pages where these violations of the AdSense Program Policies were found. To resolve the issues, you can either remove the violating content and request a review, or remove the ad code from the violating pages.

Further details on enforcements can be found in the AdSense Help Center. To learn more about our program policies, please view the AdSense Program Policies.

Kind regards,
    Google Publisher Policy

V. Arnold
    Participant

Try Yandex; much more better… 😉

zerosum
    Participant

AdSense ??
    It sound like we will not be privileged to see ads on our pages.

Nomanisanisland
    Participant

How much funding does ad sense bring in annually? Is it worth it ? Can we as a community detach from from teat of the demon and help Illargi be free financially? What would it take 20 or 30 o 100 daily readers to donate?

No man is an island,

I’ll address that soon. Ad revenues have decreased by 85% or more due to ad blockers anyway, so I need to come up with a plan for all this.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Ilargi; you have talked about Patron, but so far no show, how come?
    I’m waiting to donate via Patron as soon as possible.

democritus
    Participant

I don’t know how we would get a national unity government.

As parliament agrees on only one thing: that it is opposed to everything, and it is too late to do anything now because of EU elections, I suggest that the queen dissolve parliament and revokes article 50.

In the longer term we could have a referendum on England leaving the UK. That would solve the Irish and Scottish problems. Maybe Wales would like to join us.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.