Debt Rattle April 10 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 10 2018

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Acme Storm over Manhattan 1950   • Trump Blasts “Disgraceful” FBI Raid Of Lawyer’s Office (ZH) • Xi Vows To Further Open China Economy As US Trad
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 10 2018]

V. Arnold
    Participant

We’re going to war! Even Gilbert Doctorow thinks it’s inevitable.
    https://russia-insider.com/en/we-are-last-days-all-hell-breaks-out/ri23037
    And this; https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-09/us-navy-destroyer-armed-tomahawks-arrives-syrian-coast-harassed-russian-warplanes
    The puny, tiny penises who rule in Washington, have to show their impotence by blowing up the planet; the fuck heads do not know how to reason or talk.
    So we all die.
    What’s even more incredulous is the fact that some 7 billion people’s fate is in the hands of less than 1,ooo (probably a hell of a lot less) asshole, mutherfuckers in the U.S.!
    The rest of the world could stop this; but they’re too fucking stupid to understand their own power.
    Fuck all…

SteveB
    Participant

“Beijing is perfecting Orwellian mechanisms to monitor its citizens’ activities and squash political dissent.”

Pots and kettles everywhere.

“Germany, Japan, China.”

… the US.

“Tragic species, mankind.”

Nope. Confused culture. Were the rainforest tribes tragic? How about the African ones? Not now, but before exchange belief and its inevitable dysfunctional effects overran them.

Good to see John McCain was in Syria last week on a secret visit. Those visits appear to coincide with chemical attacks by Assad. Just like him doling out cookies leads to overthrown governments.

As Corbyn is kept busy with weird antisemitism narratives and Trump with the raid on Cohen. Will he be offered to make it all go away if only he starts bombing?

Then again, is the US really insane enough to take on Russia? Here’s something I was sent yesterday:

My former colleagues in the intelligence Community told me moments ago (7:50 PM EDT) “Get cash out of an ATM as fast as you can.” When I asked why, the reply was “The US electrical grid is compromised by malware from a soon-to-be-hostile nation. If fighting erupts, the power grid will LIKELY be taken out very early in the conflict to cause civil unrest here in the US. Credit, Debit and EBT cards won’t be usable because there won’t be electricity anywhere to process the transactions. Power could be out for weeks. Cash will rule. No cash=no food.”)

V. Arnold
    Participant

Raúl Ilargi Meijer

Oh, if only it could be so…

zerosum
    Participant

… John McCain was in Syria last week on a secret visit….

NOOOO!
    It must be coincidence! It must be fake news!

He must have gone to the holy land to ask for forgiveness.
    He must be trying to avoid hell and trying to get into heaven.
    ======

Its hard to play the game when the participants are not playing the same zero-sum game
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_theory

Dr. D
    Participant

Bitcoin, the biggest bubble? Didn’t the SEC regulator Giancarlo himself point out that it’s smaller than even ONE Dow company, where the whole NYSE galaxy of stocks is 1/10th the size of the bond market? That sounds pretty small, and a lot smaller than say the 2000 NASDAQ, or ’29 Dow among other bubbles. SMH. But everything written now is clickbait, or as we used to call it, “shameless, bare-faced lying.”

Here’s a piece that looks like another clueless Bitcoin Obit, but actually lays down the real, technical limitations:
    https://medium.com/@kaistinchcombe/decentralized-and-trustless-crypto-paradise-is-actually-a-medieval-hellhole-c1ca122efdec

It’s hurts me to say that, being “Medium.com”

anticlimactic
    Participant

SYRIA

What worries me most is that the US will do something so stupid that Russia will be forced to respond. If Russia does respond I think it means they are prepared to go all the way.

I notice in Trump’s accusations about the chemical atack [that probably did not happen] he mentions Russia and Iran as being complicit. Hopefully his attack will be limited and rational.

I was relieved when Hillary lost the election as it seemed the threat of nuclear war had receded. Now we are back on the brink again – for no real reason.

Russia, China, Iran and North Korea simply want to be peaceful trading nations AND to be left alone. Unfortunately unless they become US vassals the last part does not seem to be acceptable.

It takes so little to destroy civilisation. They reckon two EMP explosions over Europe would be enough to fry all the electronics and possibly take out the power grids. With no transport, communications, food and water, and little possibility of help, most people will die.

If civilisation ends it will be almost impossible to rebuild as all the resources that made it possible have been used up and the remaining resources are far more inaccessible.

What is so frustrating is that it is all pointless. The US feel they can kill/destroy anything without fear of response. The lack of response is thought of as weakness rather than restraint.
    They will keep up the provocation until they get a response then blame the other so they feel justified in escalating the situation.

Hopefully we will still be alive in a month’s time.

Dr. D
    Participant

Clickbait: Russia Furious As U.S. Navy Destroyer Approaches Syria Without Notification!!!

They were so unhinged with raging fury (in a tweetstorm) they said this:

“It is common in international practice potential participants of events in the area should be notified accordingly in advance. We have not been notified, although we had legally ratified the agreement…”

Oh, Snap!!! They sound cheesed off indeed! Furiously reminding a nearby navy of common international practice that might prevent misunderstandings. This is almost like the time they sailed their ships, their SHIPS!!!! mind you, through the “TransManche zone” (as the EU calls it). How dare they ply the open seas without incident? Provocative I tell you, and suspicious. We all know nations that remind their neighbors of longstanding treaties and international laws are up to no good! This international law must be stopped at all costs!!!

I’d “/sarc” but I’m not sure anyone can tell anymore.

The US feel they can kill/destroy anything without fear of response.

I think that bit is gone. They DO still think their response will be more powerful, though. And it isn’t. Which is why Putin made it a point to show off his new toys in public the other day. But McCain and Bolton are not capable of digesting that. They’ve been about US superiority all their lives, and don’t want to give up the notion as those lives enter their last years. Nothing more dangerous.

zerosum
    Participant

What do the mentally unstable people do in the USA?
    Hint …. McCain and Bolton

Dr. D
    Participant

Anything they want. There are no mentally stable ones to stop them.

zerosum
    Participant

Did millionaires lose money gambling with bitcoin?

Did ordinary people, 60% who are one paycheck from bankruptcy, gambled with bitcoin?

zerosum
    Participant

Politicians are questioning Zukerberg/ facebook on user data.
    Politicians need user data to help getting elected.

Question … can the fox be allowed to sleep in the chicken coop?

anticlimactic
    Participant

SYRIA

It gets much much worse!

Now there is talk of involving France and Britain. Saudi Arabia and Qatar are ‘on board’ with the US.

There is talk of ‘regime change’ in Syria which would mean taking out the Syrian government AND the Syrian army AND probably the Russian S400 systems and aircraft.

It sounds like it will be a truly major assault, and may even include Iran and Lebanon.

Qatar has the largest US airforce base in the Middle East, plus there is Incerlik in Turkay and Allied bases in Cyprus.

The US would love to disrupt the Football World Cup, but are they insane enough to do so by provoking a war with Russia.

Hopefully I am just being overly paranoid.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-10/saudis-prepare-regime-change-syria

zerosum
    Participant

Syria
    I don’t know what it is, but Syria must have something that some rulers want and that its worth sending their best young men to die and to kill and to spend a fortune to get it.

MAYBE ITS NOT THE USUAL MOTIVATORS
    Money, power, sex

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.