Debt Rattle April 16 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle April 16 2019

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Charles Negre ‘The Vampire’, Henri Le Secq stands next to Stryge grotesque, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Paris 1853   • Notre Dame ‘Saved From Total Des
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle April 16 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Since Assange’s betrayal and arrest, I’ve been struggling with relevancy; the relevancy of the whole internet gig and life in general.
    A healthy society/culture with a constitution like the U.S., should have erupted into vehement, if not violent, objection to the gross violations committed the day of Assange’s betrayal and arrest, by the very holders, of said U.S. Constitution.
    But, for the most part; nothing.
    I’m crushed, betrayed, and very fearful for the future; a future stolen by corrupt men hell bent on an Orwellian future; we’ve crossed the Rubicon…
    Me? For the first time, in a long time, I do not know…

The internet -social media in particular- facilitate the power of repetition. Repeat something often enough and few will not end up believing it. Russiagate and Assange are just two examples. As people get ever more addicted to “their” Facebook, this power also increases. How to counter it at this point is not obvious.

Dr. D
    Participant

Strangely (perhaps alarmingly), Orlov’s comments refer thus:

“[I] Much prefer Dr. D’s comment in today’s Automatic Earth:

There is no “other” on planet earth, only “us”.

For me, this means what we do to Russia, we do to ourselves. When we hate Russia and Russians, we hate ourselves. And when we finally get around to bombing Russia, and it’s men, women and children, we will be bombing ourselves. We are Russia. Russia is us. The number of the biosphere is unity.”

Yes, that’s exactly the corollary I would make, and a culture made toxic by being engineered to appear as it isn’t, to become what it doesn’t want to be, is where the hatred for ourselves arises. Throw off the engineers and become yourself. Don’t let them create the hate that, as Hopkins says, they will make you channel against their — not your — enemies.

V. Arnold
    Participant

The internet -social media in particular- facilitate the power of repetition. Repeat something often enough and few will not end up believing it. Russiagate and Assange are just two examples. As people get ever more addicted to “their” Facebook, this power also increases. How to counter it at this point is not obvious.

No, how to counter is not obvious.
    Fahrenheit 451 comes to mind with Montag fleeing to the colony of story book people.
    Is that what awaits us? Small, anonymous colonies, of like minded people?
    Forever outcast from the whole of a totally bankrupt society?
    The mind boggles when reality is in your face and threatening…
    Assange exposed the raw, real world; at least in the west.
    But, the past, being the best predictor of the future, doesn’t bode well for most in the west…

Dr. D
    Participant

And where are all these supposed violent, gun-toting rebels who will shoot anything that moves for any reason?

Nowhere. They’re a myth. You can do anything you like to anyone in America, and they will not retaliate. I believe this was quite a fury and frustration back in Clinton’s 90’s, doing anything they could imagine to try to get the rebels and malcontents to take a swing so they could drive a tank in and light them on fire. But they never did and they still haven’t. Why do this? Well besides that they want to identify and eliminate them all — just read Alinsky’s quotes about how they planned and intended to kill these 10% of the people, about 20 million citizens at the time — and mobilizing would get the long-dreamt disarmament and gun ban, de-facto ending the Constitution, whoever takes the first shot loses the moral high ground which even war colleges consider one of the top 5 things you must have. Never happened: the militias vanished, and despite continuous antagonism against every state on the most inflammatory points to those people they can imagine and find, the deaths of 30,000 a year, they remain “more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable” than otherwise.

Resistance? Protest? Violence? Where? There are looters and power-mad bullies galore, but no men of principle, and without them, there is no resistance to anything because there is no cohesion. So you need a religious revival, a moral return, before anyone can protest anything, but we have neither religion nor morals from coast to coast.

However, this is the American character, which being so young, is still not known. Like Russia, another enormous, diverse place, America comes from a stiff people who wear red and shoot in lines, but instead become like the eastern, the Asiatic peoples, and fall back, to disappear into the bushes and shoot long rifles from over the stone wall, forever and ever and never stop resisting, chewing up the Hessians with time and money and ambushes, and not by force. Thus in the Civil war, the lead-up took some 30 years, perhaps “fourscore and seven”, as they did not fight it out although everyone knew they would someday. Then the war itself didn’t want to start and needed some good helping. No one wanted to fight it, not conscripts and not the generals, simply refusing to shoot, and it hardly moved for 3 years, instead fighting skirmishes and (unsuccessfully) flipping frontier states.

The point? We’ve fought hardly any battles here by the American method, but I suggest in an enormous nation, diverse in every way, the pattern is frustratingly slow, eastern, and works by attrition. Why? When the Bonus Army and their wives and children showed up at D.C., they got shot — and gassed — happily by Patton, MacArthur, and Eisenhower. No different than the Wounded Knee or Ludlow massacres. They’re always happy to kill any one, or all of you at once. So why show up? Make them chase you. The best revenge is a long life.

I guarantee if they showed up they’d all be facial-recognition, tracked, harassed, and cut out one by one, just as happened to Occupy, or far more ominously, the dozen methodical deaths since Ferguson. The FBI tracks and harasses the Quakers for heaven’s sake, openly and proudly, and no one is bothered in the least. Congress applauds and gives them more money every day since Hoover wrote letters telling MLK to kill himself. So…don’t expect anything, since the protests are not organic, they are funded by power-brokers to advertise their power they wish to sell to Congress and other power-brokers. It’s a sham of a scam and you’re the product they sell: live humans, in the open market.

We’d participate in this why? And if we don’t, then what? Well, that’s the method we’re developing, a subterranean back-and-forth where nothing is clear and nothing is known. Then one day you wake up and they tide has turned, your power has vanished. That’s just how it goes, and actually how it’s gone since long before Columbus: secret skirmishes appear out of the forest, then disappear just as quickly, no advertisement, no explanation, no intent. And so it goes now, or seems to.

Facebook’s power is the same: created by government money that somehow is not subject to legal, free speech, or monopoly rules, they appear undefeatable just as their entire base has vanished, and there are ever-fewer live humans on the FB plantation. Their attempts to buy their way into relevance and transform through Instagram are only partially successful, and they are about to collapse into being a boring, mockworthy place for grandpas, like MySpace or AOL. Poof! Gone. Weakest when they appear strongest. Their power disappears into the forest and appears we know not where. DLive? No idea because it’s not created nor planned. It can’t be controlled. And Facebook isn’t an anomaly: CNN has lower ratings than mediocre Vloggers on YouTube. Maddow has gone down, and with her NBC’s power, the power of weapons manufacturer GE to push more wars. And so on. They just had their high-water mark. Now they’re in serious trouble from an online mob that’s gone native. Every day they get further from owning the 3 major networks, the paid and permitted news outlets, is a day their power slips from their grasp, so hard to corral, and impossible to re-capture. So good luck boys. Once in the wild frontier, Yanks and not keen to return to a stuffy town of crooked sheriffs and paid judges. Once seen, cannot be unseen.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dr. D

Your above rant is lost on me. I have no idea your point.
    As a firearms afficionado for over 64 years, as well as a competitive shooter, for a good many of those years; you obviously have no idea of the mindset of those you refer to; the slap happy, rooten tooten , gun loving members of the U.S. public (yes, my words).
    Best to do your research before speaking out of turn.
    The idiots usually get the headline…
    It’s good to remember that…

Dr. D
    Participant

Am I in a parallel universe? How does USA Today get the Assange thing right?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/04/11/wikileaks-julian-assange-nsa-extradition-hacking-chelsea-manning-nobel-column/3434034002/

“They will punish Assange for their sins” — USA Today, April 11.

DarkMatter
    Participant

“When we hate Russia and Russians, we hate ourselves.”

In True Believer Eric Hoffer wrote that Americans didn’t hate other countries because they believed in the goodness of America. He then wrote “Should Americans begin to hate foreigners wholeheartedly, it will be an indication that they have lost confidence in their own way of life.”

A large swath of America is unquestionably there with the Muslims, Immigrants and Russians. That is indeed the Rubicon we have crossed.

Dr. D
    Participant

I think we said the same thing. If Americans are so gun-happy, rooten-tooten rebellious, why didn’t they take up arms and do something about Assange, or indeed, long, long before?

Because apparently they’re not. By their acts shall you know them.

In about 5 minutes from now,Macron is doing a speech aimed at unifying France and defeating the Gilets Jaunes at the same time. It’s the first thing he thought about last night while the cathedral was still burning.

How dare you protest while the nation’s symbol is burning? Now is the time to gather behind your leader!!

It’s too predictable.

zerosum
    Participant

I read that there is +$ 1 B pledged for rebuilding.

Yes, the rich found that money so that the poor that they have made can have a place to ask god for help.

Everybody is the same except for money, sex, power.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dr D
    And where are all these supposed violent, gun-toting rebels who will shoot anything that moves for any reason?
    Nowhere. They’re a myth.

Over the years I’d met a few hardcore gunny’s; but they’re mostly lone wolves.
    I’m a recovering American; weaning myself off the myth of the America that never existed…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.