Debt Rattle August 11 2021

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 11 2021

• This topic has 111 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 8 months ago by Raúl Ilargi Meijer.
Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    zerosum
    Participant

Blame the Russians.
    Laptops video don’t lie
    Cumo Hunter is back in the fake news.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

“Mississippi has about 2,000 fewer nurses working than eight months ago”

According to Worldometer, the number of active Covid cases in Mississippi is currently about the same as it was eight months ago. Same number of active cases but 2,000 less nurses. ICU beds aren’t available if there aren’t enough nurses to staff them.

In Mississippi, the proportion of vaccinated cases is growing. “The breakthroughs have been more common in the last month.” During the past month, 18% of Covid deaths were breakthrough cases (fully vaccinated), compared to 36% of the state’s population that is fully vaccinated (as of today).

So the situation is a bit more nuanced than what the scary news stories are saying about Mississippi:

Either you get vaccinated or you get COVID.” That’s the message state health officials shared on Wednesday, and it’s one echoed by local medical professionals, who are seeing resources strained as COVID-19 cases spike again.

Right now, it’s vaccinated vs. unvaccinated, and the people in the hospital are unvaccinated,”

https://www.natchezdemocrat.com/2021/08/11/natchez-doctor-warns-covid-battle-much-worse-than-last-year-state-warns-get-vaccine-or-get-virus/

[some links omitted since it wouldn’t post with them]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Germ

Giggle, giggle, snort, inhale deeply …….

“Cannabidiol Inhibits SARS-CoV-2 Replication and Promotes the Host Innate Immune Response”

Have long suspected such; and continue my daily intake of the entire plant, not just the oil…
    D3, C, aspirin, and zinc are added daily as well…so far, so good…

deflationista
    Participant

ctbarnum
    Participant

@deflationista

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Pfizer and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is just 39% effective in Israel where the delta variant is the dominant strain, according to a new report from the country’s Health Ministry.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

zerosum
    Participant

Reference needed to do an evaluation on test in Brazil
    https://dcricollab.dcri.duke.edu/sites/NIHKR/KR/GR-Slides-08-06-21.pdf
    Look to The studies done in India. There are lots of them at TAE.

₿oogaloo
    Participant

I connected to the Zoom FLCCC weekly webinar today for the first time. For anyone interested, you can sign up on the FLCCC website.

FWIW Pierre Kory announced that he got Covid this week. So did his daughter. He said he had been taking Ivermectin weekly as a prophylactic, and he got sick on Day 7. He said he had a mild case, but the key is to be prepared in advance, and to start taking it in the higher dose of 0.4mg/kg at the first sign of symptoms.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

I’m looking forward to reading the TOGETHER study on ivermectin when it’s actually peer reviewed and published.

There were some questions raised earlier about potential conflicts of interest with that trial.

Conflicts of Interest

The person leading the TOGETHER trial, Edward Mills, is a McMaster associate professor as well as the clinical trial advisor for the Gates Foundation. Asked for comment on potential conflicts of interest, Mills denied that the Gates Foundation was having any “say on the conduct of the trial” even though he himself is leading the investigation and is employed by the Gates Foundation.

Does the Fate of Ivermectin As a Covid-19 Treatment Rest in the Hands of the Deeply Conflicted Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation?

absolute galore
    Participant

Artua wrote:
    “How much more useful is today’s bicycle than a bicycle from 100 years ago?” Absolutely ridiculous. I’ve ridden the Himalayas numerous times, and to think a bicycle from 100 years ago could do that. (I was one of the first to do it in the 80’s because no bikes could do it before then.)

Congratulations on conquering the Himalayas! You seem to be a fellow lover of the bicycle as perhaps the finest machine we have ever dreamed up. However, I believe you may be missing the spirit in which the comment was made. It was not to be read as a specific timeline of bicycle developments. I believe it was meant to suggest that, like Ivan Illich’s second watershed, at some point along the way, “improvements” don’t really improve much, and in many ways become a detriment and an overcomplication.

The derailleur has been around since the beginning of the 20th Century, and steel bicycles were not all that heavy–and tires were wider back then. I regularly ride a 30+ pound mountain bike up the very steep local mountain–wieight is not that significant to a point.

Although Henri Desgrange, the first promoter of the Tour de France, did not allow derailleurs in the race until the late 1930s, nevertheless riders had long been cresting mighty climbs in both the Alps and the Pyrenees for many years–on a single speed.

I would concur that vintage mountain bikes from the 80s cannot be beat for local transportation. I would post a photo of my latest but can’t recall how I did it last time. Maybe this catalog image of one of my models, currently used to haul my laundry, will show up
    Trek 830

absolute galore
    Participant

Mister Roboto
    Participant

So my question is, why did all those nurses quit over that eight month period? That is the time when the therapeutic serum (that’s what I’m going to call it instead of the misnomer “vaccine”) roll-out began, but I’m not going to sit here and pretend that I know they quit because they didn’t want the serum forced on them, as if I could read their minds. Does anybody have any insight?

chooch
    Participant

Hmm, how do you get images to post? Anyways, Cases in Jackson, MS looked to have peaked and ICU down to 89% per Covid Act Now (Hinds County data). 3.6% spike in vaccination rate (4000 people) reported July 7th. Cases in area begin to hockey stick. What is that, 4000 x 14.4 million spike proteins that have mostly have to be cleared thru respiration. How spikes per capita is that? More Ivermectin might be needed if immune systems overwhelmed by these leaky vaccines.

Nice Trek BTW, nothing like a powder coated chromoly frame.

absolute galore
    Participant

Boogaloo wrote: FWIW Pierre Kory announced that he got Covid this week. So did his daughter. He said he had been taking Ivermectin weekly as a prophylactic, and he got sick on Day 7.

Interesting. The newer protocol for early went from .2 – .4 mg/kg to .4 – .6 mg/kg but the prophylactic dose stayed at .2mg/kg despite Kory having been on this and come down with Covid. Obviously he is in a continual high risk environment.

I wonder if constant use as a prophylactic can eventually make it less effective in the individual taking it?

Also, I do not understand what “he got sick on Day 7” means. Can you give us the context? Day 7 of just starting his prophylactic regime? Because I saw an interview with him months ago where he was on it. Maybe he goes on and off depending? Curious. Glad he only has a mild case. I guess if it breaks through the prophylactic dose you go right to somewhere between .4and.6. and follow the rest of the Early Treatment steps.

Unless you are Deflationista.Then you scoot on over to Rite Aid and get another shot (oops, once they approve the boosters. I think the older folks are in line for that first, though. ) Meanwhile, how about some Tylenol?

VietnamVet
    Participant

An earlier edit disappeared into the ether; this is another attempt.

In the West there is one and only one plan, inject as many persons as possible to make more money. Inconvenient truths are ignored. Two hypotheses for the charts above could be 1) the Palestinians are isolated behind guarded walls, so it takes time for the virus to transmit from the Jet Set Israelis to the locked-in Palestinians or 2) the vaccines aid the transmission of the virus. Neither will be investigated since they go against vested interests.

Also, Dr. Robert Malone is correct:
    1) Dr. Anthony Fauci has two odd, exclusive focuses, focusing on antivirals when this is a hyperinflammatory disease, and we’ve got a lot of great anti-inflammatories. And the other is the focus on hospitalized, as opposed to early-onset patients, outpatients.
    2) Instead of admitting they were wrong, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is censoring people by using incredibly powerful new tools to suppress any dissent or discussion.

A year and half later the only conclusion is that the health of American people is of no concern. Unpatentable treatments ignored. Basic public health measures never implemented to stop the transmission of the virus. Every death and long-COVID case since celebrating “A Summer of Freedom” last July 4th is upon the CDC and the Biden/Harris White House. That holiday last month seems so long ago.

absolute galore
    Participant

chooch wrote: Nice Trek BTW, nothing like a powder coated chromoly frame. That is the original burgundy wet paint, not a powder coat. Mine is also still original, but more beat up.

chooch
    Participant

I have an ice green 820 (and many others). I Like the old Raleigh Techniums.

John Day
    Participant

@Arttua: Gotta’ have the right bike and the right rider for the Himalayas. Those porters can do anything, though. Anything. Those guys are strong and tough and just-keep-going…
    I ride a titanium fixie to work and back, with fenders and a seatpost rack. It’s the right bike for that job.
    I trekked with a pack, but could not consider Annapurna trek on a bike, any bike, even back when…

sumac.carol
    Participant

As previously stated, the American south, including Mississippi, is heavily polluted with glyphosate entering the Mississippi River as agricultural run-off. Studies suggest that glyphosate contributes to obesity. Remember that, as poor as these folks have been over time, their health was good before glyphosate.

Quoth RFK Jr.: Vaccines and glyphosate are responsible for the obesity epidemic!

John Day
    Participant

null

sumac.carol
    Participant

Sorry, bad link. Here is a good one:
    https://childrenshealthdefense.org/news/weighing-down-childhood-are-vaccines-and-glyphosate-contributing-to-childhood-obesity/

I can’t believe the obesity epidemic is related to stupidity. When it happens to an entire society at once, this is certainly indicative of external environmental factors and not lack of will power.

John Day
    Participant

I can’t seem to upload an image. Oh, well…
    I have a 1987 Cinelli, Emerald-City-of-Oz translucent gren over silver-mirror fixed-gear. I ride the Austin to Shiner century on it. It’s nice. I’ll do…

ezlxa1949
    Participant

Plague comes back to Canberra

As of 17:00 today we get locked up for a week. As I write it’s 13:10.

It’s been a year since the last time, but Canberra has been expecting this, and may of us have been stocking up in preparation.

Now to see the extent to which Delta tears through the community.

ezlxa1949
    Participant

… MANY of us …

my typing is going to pieces 🙁

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Headline:
    Covid rips through Mississippi leaving only six free ICU beds

More context from the article:
    “[University of Mississippi Medical Center] UMMC has had to close a unit with 15 beds, including 14 ICU beds because they didn’t have enough staff to keep it operational.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/covid-rips-mississippi-leaving-only-155041497.html

₿oogaloo
    Participant

@absolute galore

FLCCC updated its recommendations on August 11. Now it is 0.2mg/kg twice a week for prophylaxis. Before it has been one a week or one every two weeks, but now it is twice a week in communities where the virus is active.

Early outpatient protocol for people who have become sick is 0.4mg/kg every day for the first five days. However, if treatment starts on or after day 5, or if the person has co-morbidities, use the higher dose of 0.6mg/kg.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

CDC Study Claiming Unvaccinated Have More Than Double the Risk of Re-infection is Full of Holes
    https://dailysceptic.org/2021/08/12/cdc-study-claiming-unvaccinated-have-more-than-double-the-risk-of-re-infection-is-full-of-holes/

If this is the basis on which the CDC is planning to encourage previously infected young people to get the jab to supposedly enhance their immunity then they should be ashamed of themselves. They should at least state the absolute risk reduction (over a range of prevalence levels) so people have a better understanding of the true level of protection the vaccines are giving them (according to the study), rather than just talking in terms of halving a risk that they fail to mention was very small to begin with.

Huskynut
    Participant

@ezlxa
    Sorry to hear that Canberra is locking down.
    In NZ, they are preparing the waters for the Level 4+ lockdown (WTF is that?!!).
    I guess when the droid-view mantra has been “go hard, go early”, the only political response can be escalation..
    At least if (ie when) it happens, this time I have employment and can WFH.. a large mercy..

Huskynut
    Participant

18 months ago, you literally couldn;t have made this sh*t up without being laughed off the face of the planet: https://www.rt.com/news/531803-extra-troops-sydney-lockdown/
    The threat landscape has barely changed (improved actually, as we’ve validated and improved the early treatment protocols, based on history and (genuine) science), but the hysteria lurches onward like a lunatic on a full moon..

thomasjkenney
    Participant

There’s a lot of possibility for bicycle drivetrain improvement, but we’re stuck mostly with the “It’s too heavy!” mantra. This presupposes that nobody who operates a bicycle would be satisfied with a bit less efficiency if the trade was for longer wear, cleaner (enclosed, in some cases) operation, fewer delicate parts. For instance, gearboxes for bicycles are pretty amazing, but relegated mostly to downhill racing. I’d love to have one, but no (or few, pricy) XC models available. There are lots more belt-drive on the streets, and some folks working feverishly toward shaft-drive. Part of my continued attachment to chain-based gear systems is that you can make some pretty amazing machines using a stationary bike as a power source. Also, I’m confident I could probably build a belt-drive bicycle from natural materials available in the local forest.

I, too, miss those ’80s/’90s bikes. The Mule (1990 Klein Pinnacle) was my commuter/touring/trail blaster/grocery-getter for about 200,000km (heavy use over about 15 years):

The Mule

Arttua
    Participant

Thanks to all the cyclist out there. My mt bike is a 28 year old fat chance titanium, less than 20 #s. At 17,800′ weight matters. Three summers I worked at a ski area, 4.5 mile climb, 1800 verticale feet. (16%) Yesterday riding in 90 degrees, I recalled riding that hill in heat and hoping it would rain. My comuter bike is less than 17#s

Viewing 31 posts - 81 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.