Debt Rattle August 17 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 17 2018

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Pablo Picasso Brick factory at Tortosa 1909   • Emerging Markets and US Treasuries (Albert Edwards) • Asia the Next Source of Downside Systemic R
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 17 2018]

Dr. D
    Participant

Employees only now realize Google is one of the ten most evil companies on the planet? For schmartz guys, they sure are schtoopid. But maybe schmartz guys think that universal panopticon of surveillance run by a company merged with the military and secret services is the sort of thing that’s only ever served for good.

Sadly I agree Manafort may be acquitted. He’s guilty as possible to be…of taking private money like every other K Street crook, to prop up or topple foreign regimes by “collusion” in election “meddling”, but then found himself on the wrong side of the CIA fence (when they spent $5B openly toppling his client Yanukovich) and then the wrong side of the narrative (they needed someone to fry for the news cycle, and he had failed as a plant within the Trump campaign, being discovered and purged too early thanks to Admiral Rogers). However, Mueller’s case is ridiculous, so bad it almost seems he wants to lose. His argument is “Your honor, Manfort had a lot of money and spent it badly. Ha! Explain that!” Are you kidding me? Under American law (and our national personality) he doesn’t have to explain jack. He can say he found it under the bed, on the beach, in a trunk he bought on ebay, or in his case, nothing at all. They did this to Kim.com, back when, a 60 minute exposé on national T.V. showing how he enjoyed his money too much. You know, because Americans hate money, glamor, and successfully punking authority.

Some police state when they can’t — or won’t — produce phone calls or bank records as evidence. It can’t be that hard. I have that kind of surveillance on my checking account, and it’s a rare week when the account uses that thing called a ‘comma’. What do we pay these guys for? Why do we tap every phone and have a camera on every inch of planet earth if they can’t figure out where a hundred mil is deposited or who talked to the Skripals in which park? …Or should I be suspicious? But I’m a coincidence theorist: everything that happens is a coincidence, everything’s an accident, everybody’s just dumb or playing it on T.V.

So if they’re throwing the prosecution, have they jury tampered too just to make sure? You know, coincidentally a month before the midterm elections? Does Hulk Hogan really hate Randy Savage? Did he really hit him with that chair? Tune in next week to the thrills and spills of your real fake news…

tabarnick
    Participant

Ever since Brexit, the unemployment rate in the UK has been steadily going down, now at 4,2%, the lowest since 1975. Employment rate keeps climbing, now at an all-time high. And this morning I finally read this article in the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/aug/13/companies-brexit-supply-shock-fewer-eu-citizens-arrive-uk

Immigration figures from the EU are the lowest in 5 years. And this translates into a job market where businesses have to attract and retain employees, going so far as to, sit down for this, raise wages and offer additional benefits. Imagine my shock! The job market behaving like other markets, where an increased supply for salaried work lowers its price, and limiting the supply raises it! It’s as if limiting immigration actually benefits ordinary people rather than corporations. That cannot be true! We have been repeatedly told by all serious economists, mainstream politicians, media and humanitarians that unlimited immigration benefits everyone, period, there is no alternative.

These are all fruit pickers,right?

zerosum
    Participant

I don’t know which experts that I should believe.
    I think that I’m going to forget about China, Greece, Turkey, Italy, UK

Everyone not negatively affected have short memories.
    Do yourself a favor and read the following.
    I bet you forgot about

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Cypriot_financial_crisis

“… t involved the exposure of Cypriot banks to overleveraged local property companies, the Greek government-debt crisis, the downgrading of the Cypriot government’s bond credit rating to junk status by international credit rating agencies, the consequential inability to refund its state expenses from the international markets[1][2] and the reluctance of the government to restructure the troubled Cypriot financial sector.[3] …”

As Cyprus Recovers From Banking Crisis, Deep Scars Remain
    By JACK EWINGMARCH 16, 2015

hehehe
    http://www.cyprusprofile.com/en/articles/view/cyprus-banking-crisis-causes-and-consequences-bailout
    Articles |
    10 July 2014

After securing a financial bailout from international lenders in 2013, Cyprus is now on a steady path to recovery. The tough terms of the bailout have hit the economy hard, but the country has beat estimates and is projected to return to growth in 2015.

Nothing to worry about, according to CNBC

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/08/that-was-quick-cyprus-exits-bailout-with-cash-to-spare.html
    Holly Ellyatt | @HollyEllyatt
    Published 2:55 AM ET Tue, 8 March 2016 Updated 5:09 AM ET Thu, 10 March 2016

Fast forward to March 2016 via a rescue package program, raft of reforms and austerity measures and the country is exiting its three-year, 10 billion euro financial aid package as one of the more robust euro zone economies. It has also been given a big pat on the back by creditors.
    CNBC has a rundown of what happened to Cyprus and where it’s going now.

What has Cyprus done right?
    A lot of Cyprus’ success in completing its bailout program has been down to its strict adherence to austerity measures and the implementation of reforms, including those to the public sector and pension system and a privatization plan, that was required by the troika.

seychelles
    Participant

Russian Oil Industry Would Weather US ‘Bill From Hell’

If you fool me once….. Russia certainly knows from experience how Western financial weaponization works. They learn from their mistakes, unlike our beloved central bankers. Only the Western central banks are and always have been an instrument of the NWO. Learning is impaired when it’s all gain and no pain because you make and enforce the rules. So far, so good…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.