Debt Rattle August 28 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 28 2017

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Lou Reed New York City 1966   • Harvey’s Cost Reaches Catastrophe: Only 15% Of Homes Have Flood Insurance (BBG) • Gasoline Surges, Oil Holds Near
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 28 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Harvey is Katrena on steroids. Oh joy, oh joy; and just how will Reichsführer Trump deal with it?
    I suspect not well; let them eat cake?
    Or, more likely speak and bluster about all the great Reichstag will do for the “people”, so affected;
    we’ll see, maybe…
    Not hopeful…

Professorlocknload
    Participant

Not to worry about Harvey. Team Fed/FEMA/Tax Payer will fix it. No risk,,,.gov has their back,,,,rebuild it all,,,,,right back in the flood plane. Janet says there will never be another hurricane in her lifetime.

zerosum
    Participant

Oil closed down $1.19
    My local gas price went up by .07 cent a liter.
    There are 8 million less people gassing up their car.

Harvey is somebody’s friend.
    Harvey is not my friend.

Nassim
    Participant

“Danone Sends 5,000 Cows to Siberia in Quest for Cheaper Milk”

When I was in Moscow the summer of the Russian Financial Collapse (1998), the shops were selling crappy frozen chicken from Arkansas. The potatoes were from the Netherlands.

When I went back a few years ago, all of that had changed. The quality and choice was vastly superior.. Right now, they do have food price inflation – but a great many people grow their own.

When you fly over Moscow, you will find it is surrounded by a great number of tiny plots for growing vegetables. It looks quite different from any city in Western Europe.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Moscow,+Russia/@55.7506327,37.6379641,72620m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x46b54afc73d4b0c9:0x3d44d6cc5757cf4c!8m2!3d55.755826!4d37.6173?hl=en

olo530
    Participant

Nassim, growing vegetables on those plots is mostly recreational. Short growing season, mediocre soils, unattended during the week, cost of transportation – you get the picture.
    Frozen chicken is not from Arkansas anymore, you are correct there. It’s all locally grown. From imported hatching eggs. Russia has no pedigree stock and their parent stock farms are just starting to emerge.
    What’s your infatuation with Russia?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.