Debt Rattle August 29 2015

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 29 2015

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Arthur Rothstein Texas Panhandle Dust Bowl Mar 1936 • Fed Up Investors Yank Cash From Almost Everything Just Like 2008 (Bloomberg) • Everything You’ve
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 29 2015]

V. Arnold
    Participant

I have a saying; culture is the cloth within which we wrap our humanity.
    Western centric humans have no culture; therefore no humanity.
    The evidence is daily provided by the media…

Greenpa
    Participant

“To answer this, Nouriel, you might first want to ask why it doesn’t have one already.” re:
    • Does The World Need A Financial Early Warning System? (Roubini)

What I would ask, rather is “Yes? And then what?” I’m dismayed to find Roubini buying into the general academic fantasy that “If we explain it, then of course the world will act on our knowledge – intelligently.” Um. No evidence for that, anywhere, ever. A nice global financial early warning system would be exactly the same as a tsunami warning siren – that is set to alert you when the wave is 30 seconds away. You’ll have time to turn and look, and watch it coming, fully appreciating your inescapable doom.

V. Arnold
    Participant

@ Greenpa

You’re dreaming; wake up before it’s too late…

Greenpa
    Participant

Another bit of econo-theater, from a professor:

My reading of this article – he’s working hard on having his cake, and eating it too; casting fat aspersions on “conventional wisdom”, citing down statistics of his own, but always qualifying, so he does not actually stick his neck out. “Who knows what the truth is, anyway?” 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.