Debt Rattle August 8 2020

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle August 8 2020

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Alfred Palmer Annette del Sur in salvage campaign, Douglas Aircraft Co., Long Beach, CA 1942   • 55% Of COVID Patients Still Have Neurological Pr
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle August 8 2020]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Alfred Palmer Annette del Sur in salvage campaign, Douglas Aircraft Co., Long Beach, CA 1942

An interesting marker, as an influence, in America’s history of waging war’s of choice; “Onward Christian Soldiers…” comes to mind…
    …never mind this old man’s rambles…

Funny, I googled Annette del Sur, thought she was an actress, but the only thing that comes up is her “salvage” work for Douglas. Wonder what the story is behind that.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Funny, I googled Annette del Sur, thought she was an actress, but the only thing that comes up is her “salvage” work for Douglas. Wonder what the story is behind that.

Work?

John Day
    Participant

I am seeing more patients with ongoing, persistent symptoms, especially fatigue, shortness of breath nd muscle aches, after “recovering” from novel-coronavirus infections. Te best I can tell, we have no way to ascertain if there are low level, persistent infections causing this. Most viral infected cells in hman bodies present a membrane-protein marker, which T-cells in the immune system recognize, and target, to destroy the cells making virus. Like HIV, SARS-CoV-2 has a special feature to block the production of the marker protein. The cells producing viral particles are stealthy, hidden. We know that HIV produces chronic infection, which can be treated, after hundreds of billions of dollars and 35 years of research, but not eradicated. Where are we on what timeline with this virus?

teri
    Participant

Looks like the stimulus deal is ending up the way both parties wanted it to. Both parties get to blame one another, but both also get to make the claim to their respective bases that they have “maintained their integrity to their core principles”. Trump may write some executive orders and signal willingness to spend some money on the proles (he’s looking like the “good guy” in this interpretation), but will also demand the Big Kahuna – the P/R tax cut – via executive order. This actually gives the Republicans the win. They get to starve SS/Medicare through attrition; ending SS and Medicare has been their goal since its inception. Plus, Trump for shit-sure won’t help any states with funding or do anything about healthcare costs, PPE, or do anything about the now-expired PPP program. More wins for the Republicans. Okay, the PPP loans and grants turned out to be a boondoggle of giveaways to the big companies thanks to Mnuchin and Kushner, but the little guys need the program extended to stay in business for the rest of the year, and the Democrats had that in the bill the Senate refused to vote on.

Once those “friendly” executive orders are written, they will get stuck in limbo while various entities sue over their constitutionality – and they will be correct in doing so (Trump looks like the totalitarian fascist pig in this interpretation). However, it means that, like as not, no actual money will head out to the commoners in the meantime. A win for both parties! They stuck to their principles, but didn’t have to spend any actual money, and no-one decisively takes the blame for any of it. Trump plays two roles at the same time depending on your view point, but he doesn’t really give a shit since it isn’t his money and he doesn’t care if any little people end up with any relief as long as his core base thinks he is Doing Something and votes for him. They, after all, won’t realize the hit to their retirement plans until long after he is out of office and it will take another couple of months until everyone realizes what a horrible problem letting the states go bankrupt will be. Austerity in your local area will be worse to you personally and in a much more immediate fashion than any theoretical threat of the federal “debt bomb”.

Whole shindig looks like Disaster Capitalism in action to me. Both parties sure hustled their asses off to make sure the big companies got bailed out, didn’t they? And they even gave them some tax percs along the way. And let employers defer their part of the SS contribution until two years from now – a fine-print screwing of the SS fund that the media won’t talk about. Oh, and they gave roughly $8 trillion bucks to the big banks along the way.

Mnuchin, Blackrock, and various oligarchs wreak havoc on the US. The war criminal Eliott Abrams still walks to and fro on the earth, now unleashed by Trump to do as much damage as he can to Iran, having finished with the program of starving Venezuela into a puddle of pain. Biden is seriously considering Susan Rice, she of the many color revolutions around the globe, as his VP. Sweet Jesus. No relief for anyone on the planet there, for those who think Pompeo is a hard-liner.

And that’s all I have to say about all that. Aren’t y’all glad I don’t post very often?

Oh, wait, I thought of one more thing. I just read this article about the Godzilla movies. You may think it’s a silly topic, but the article is really good and not at all what you might be expecting. This being the anniversaries of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, it is, in fact, a timely article.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/godzilla-was-metaphor-hiroshima-hollywood-whitewashed-it-n1236165

Doc Robinson
    Participant

The Library of Congress says that Annette del Sur was “an office employee at Douglas Aircraft.”

https://www.loc.gov/item/2017694315/

zerosum
    Participant

Its in their DNA
    The only time, that those of wealth and those in power, thinks about, and do something about, the “little people” is when it won’t cost them anything and when they will get something out of it.

Dave Note
    Participant

Trump has to deliver some actual goodies to his based, not promises. The EO to allow cheaper drugs from Canadian sources is one such goodie. It doesn’t mean he’s benevolent, it’s simply the cost of doing business in an election year.

A lot of people I know would not have even mentioned the TBTF banks being constantly bailed out a year ago, now they are ranting about it at me when ever I meet them, that’s quite a shift in consciousness for these folks.

I saw an old faded probably pre-2016 bumper sticker that said,

Obama:
    Be the Change in Your Sofa

John Day-
    Let me ask an obvious question: do the same long-lasting things happen if the person has successful early intervention?

That child syndrome? I’m still calling zebras on Covid here. Why isn’t it what it would have been called before “Covid”?

Mr. House
    Participant

replace russia with military and replace china with intelligence agencies

redshift
    Participant

US “intelligence” is at it again. Russia, China, Iran are all spying, but they take care of us. Now fork over more money for your security. Has there ever been a bigger scam in history?

Yes: fractional reserve banking.

Arttua
    Participant

Speed reading.  I took an Evelyn Wood Speed Reading class when I was 17.  I had been a remedial reading student up to then, I think I’m dyslexic.  I graduated the  class with a 1,400 word speed after reading the Old Man and the Sea in 11 minutes.  I was one of the slowest.  I went to a great school which my parents made me transfer out of (Franconia C.) then went to a couple different U’s and was bored to death.  I got a book called This Way Out, a guide to getting a college education without the college.  I read extensively and a lot.  At this point I think college is for the non-inquisitive and don’t like to read.

teri
    Participant

@Dave Note,

Well, the EO on drug pricing has not actually been published yet, meaning that 2 weeks after signing it, it has not been put in the Federal Register, which means it is not actually an official Order yet. Plus, right as he signed it, Trump said that it wouldn’t go into effect until Aug 25, so as to let the pharma companies come up with “a better idea”. His exact words were, “This one will go into effect on Aug. 25 if we don’t make a deal.” In other words, it was not even meant to be a real EO; it was a negotiation tactic with big pharma.

Plus, nobody, not even the pharma companies, have been told what the text of the order says. The people in the pharmaceutical industry have resorted to trying to blow up press pictures taken during the signing so as to read the printing on the order Trump was holding up. The best they have been able to come up with, is that the page that would show the actual details appears to be missing. So this looks like a gimmick. Kind of like how we have been repeatedly told for the past three years that there will be “Infrastructure Week” within the next two weeks, or that there will be an “amazing Republican Health Plan” in the next two weeks.

Trump did promise his base that he would never get rid of SS and Medicare, and he beat out a lot of other Republican contenders on that promise alone in 2016. But today he signed an EO that totally guts SS/Med funding through the end of the year (that’s what the P/R tax holiday does – employers don’t have to withhold FICA taxes from paychecks) and furthermore added that if he wins reelection, this “tax holiday” will be made permanent via EO in Nov. I.e., that will be the end of the SS and Medicare programs.

Oh, and he announced there will be more EO’s coming along soon, which will be for more tax cuts and a further reduction of capital gains tax rates. You should have heard those wealthy people at Bedminster Golf resort, where he held today’s press conference, cheer when they heard that. Now those people are the base he cares about.

Trump and promises….pffffft. Trump caring about his base (except the wealthy ones)…it is to laugh.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Arttua

I couldn’t agree more; autodidacts rule… 🙂

John Day
    Participant

@My Parents Said Know:
    I don’t know if people get the same long term effects from Covid if they get treated early, but I suspect that the earlier viral replication is interrupted, the better. (hydroxy)Chloroquine+zinc interferes with viral replication, so does quercetin +zinc.
    Which is better? Can’t say; hasn’t been studied. Nobody wants to pay for a study that won’t make them richer. All knowledge comes at a cost, and with potential bias towards the interests of whoever pays for it.
    Ivermectin seems to help, with at least 3 potential mechanisms.
    Antibiotics mainly seem to help by treating secondary bacterial infection in all those little patches of dead lung from all those little blood clots.
    Steroids help at the point that your immune system is “going-berzerker”, as the Vikings used to do. The virus may still kill you, but the dexamethasone might save you from your own immune system for a couple of days.

VietnamVet
    Participant

Almost 77, I have to avoid a coronavirus infection at all costs. The prospect of endless sheltering at home is horrid. A twice monthly drive around the county to keep the car running doesn’t help. Sooner or later I will need to go to the doctor or dentist. My periodontist and dental hygienist have retired. I’ve caught Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) but I also have Democrat Derangement Syndrome (DDS). The failure of the US federal government is threatening my sanity and pension.

What makes it worse is that I know that there is way to end the pandemic this year. Antigen testing:

Even the WaPo agrees; “Absent presidential leadership, 7 governors start to put the nation back on track”. If the FDA approves cheap quick antigen paper tests for home use before students and workers go out, and staying home if positive, plus contact tracing; the pandemic will be halted.

The fact that this is ignored makes it sure that 300,000 American deaths this year are due to the Elite’s decision to give billions to the pharmaceutical industry for a for-profit vaccine or treatment next year, if developed. The deaths are unimportant to them. But, by then it will be too late, the virus will have spread everywhere to enough people that it will never go away. The economy cannot recover unless the pandemic ends and people are free to shop and work. If no change, the Americas will be filled with sick, poor, broken apart, failed states like Lebanon.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.