Debt Rattle Christmas Eve 2014

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle Christmas Eve 2014

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Frances Benjamin Johnston Courtyard, 620-621 Gov. Nicholls Street, New Orleans 1937 • Here Is The Reason For The “Surge” In Q3 GDP (Zero Hedge) • The
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle Christmas Eve 2014]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Chaotic is the only way to describe the markets.
    I’ve heard the term “controlled chaos”, which, IMO, is an oxymoron. Controlled chaos is having the tiger by the tail and foolishly believing this can control/direct the tiger.
    Because of uncertainty, I do not see how anybody can reasonably prepare for the future eventualities.
    I remain fascinated by the possibilities, both considered and unknown…

On another note; I enjoyed the T. Boone Pickens bit. He’s a feisty old fart…like me…
    But not like me… 😉

Merry Christmas everybody, and all those around you!

jal
    Participant

Enjoy what you have. Merry Christmas.

We exist in a global, complex, dependent, social, financial, structure.

China is building a modern day pyramid. This will increase the accumulated wealth of a few of the wealthy. This will employ some of the idle oil workers and increase oil consumption.

https://news.yahoo.com/construction-begin-controversial-nicaragua-canal-003625983.html

Construction will begin with the first access roads at the mouth of the Brito River on the Central American country’s Pacific coast.
    Wang’s Hong Kong Nicaragua Development Investment (HKND) company says 300 workers will build the roads and a port, the first of 50,000 people who will be hired to construct the massive 280-kilometer waterway connecting the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea.

Its time to plan your future.
    Where will you install your tourist booth and learn the art of being “a money changer”?

Diogenes Shrugged
    Participant

Very Merry Christmas to you and yours, Ilargi.

And sincerest thanks for your huge contribution to our understanding.

2014 was probably our last chance to party with our counter-parties.

Also. Jal, enjoy what you don’t have!

zander.c
    Participant

Also, what you enjoy, don’t halve.

To all at TAE. – let merriment prevail.

Z.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Cheers and happy holidays to all…

Raleigh
    Participant

Ilargi, Nicole, and all of the incredible contributors – thank you so much for the education, the brilliant posts, the humor. An incredible amount of sanity in an otherwise insane world. I will be forwarding you some money right after the holidays. Thank you.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Formerly T-Bear
    Participant

Felices Fiestas, the season’s greeting that covers all from solstice, the eve of, X-day, boxing and St. Stevens day, the big night of the old year and New Year’s day. Whatever strikes your fancy or tradition. And a prosperous New Year as well.

Raleigh
    Participant

Re China: “.. mainland companies deposit 20% to get a letter of credit from an onshore lender. They take that document to get a low-interest dollar loan from a Hong Kong bank, which treats it like a no-risk check fully backed by the guarantor. The companies flip those dollars back to the mainland, where they use them as collateral to get even more letters of credit..”

Didn’t this already happen with gold, copper, aluminum…..where they used the so-called “asset” as collateral, but it was being used over and over again? Hello, regulators? Too busy taking bribes to watch what is going on?

So now the vultures have moved to the Shanghai stock market, pushing up prices, and the poor suckers borrowing money so that they can get in are going to be left with “ghost” money, just like the cities surrounding them!

V. Arnold
    Participant

Oh, and lest I forget; Sawad di pee mai tuk khon. (happy new year everybody)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.