Debt Rattle December 20 2017

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 20 2017

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Claude Monet Houses of Parliament, Sunset 1904   • Bitcoin Plunges Over $2,500, Bounces Back Somewhat, Bitcoin Cash Surges (MW) • Coinbase Enable
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 20 2017]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Claude Monet Houses of Parliament, Sunset 1904
    Eye candy of the highest order…
    • Our Selective Blindness Is Lethal To The Living World (G.)
    That article drew me back to growing up in Locust Valley, Long Island in the 40’s and 50’s.
    A wild child given free reign to explore an almost virgin area of artesian springs, creeks, ponds, lakes and woods.
    This was long before I learned to kill; an innocense valued above all else; lost for a time many years later; but regained by true memories of those times past; now present and acknowledged along with the violence finally laid to rest.
    Forgive my reverie; an old man coming to grips with a long life lived and valued for all its iterations; nothing cast aside; it is all important for authenticity…

V. Arnold
    Participant

On another note: The world economic system is so bloody corrupt, there is no solution for it.
    That in itself present’s an interesting paradox; for which there is no solution.
    An uroboros…

Dr. D
    Participant

So the EU is just going to reverse the Polish election they don’t like? Why not? That’s what they do in the United States. 40% of the people and 90% of the government are working tirelessly to interfere in the election by overturning the results. You just have to keep voting until you elect the person I told you to: that’s Democracy! amirite? Only wish I were making this up. Shout out Ireland and Holland if you know what I mean. Legitimately elected Italian PM I’m looking at you. How did you leave office in 2011 again? A new election, impeachment, was it? Oh yeah, without any democratic process whatsoever, not even a legitimate explanation. Yawn. That was like the 6th time by then, and no one cared then or cares today. Maybe Poland will, hard to tell. I just get exhausted hearing the word “voting” “democracy” and “due process” when it hasn’t existed for most of my life. Will someone notice someday? Hold on, Facebook called and my Bitcoin rose: what was I saying?

Ouroboros: You are what you eat! https://imgur.com/gallery/bY26v

V. Arnold
    Participant

Dr. D
    I just get exhausted hearing the word “voting” “democracy” and “due process” when it hasn’t existed for most of my life. Will someone notice someday?

Well, that was refreshing to hear somebody else hit all the high notes; especially the word democracy; the most abused, misused, over used, butchered word, in the english lexicon, IMO. 😉

anticlimactic
    Participant

Moria refugee camp

It was my impression that the EU ensured that not a single Euro be given to Greece to help with the refugee problem, instead giving hundreds of millions of Euros to NGOs. If so, why is this camp not run bu NGOs. Why is this camp being singled out – is it much worse than those camps run by NGOs, or Is it just an excuse to criticise the Greek government?

Also, if there are 6,000 refugees with a lot of time on their hands is there no-one capable of cleaning? Is there no-one capable of screwing some hinges on to doors? Or digging latrines? I think the materials needed would be cheap enough.

olo530
    Participant

is there no-one capable of cleaning

It works differently on the scale of 6000 people, anticlimactic. On that level you need some degree of organization, and I suspect all the efforts to self-organize are being actively suppressed. The refugees went through war, so their threshold for violence is lower, they don’t partake in the social contract, and their values are mostly traditional (contrasting with liberal). Organize 6000 people like that and you can run the island.
    Or maybe it’s a social experiment to see how refugees can overtake Europe. There are speculations that European elites are shipping for a new population 🙂 Would make sense to try it on a small scale first.

Nassim
    Participant

“Too Late, Theresa – Brexit Offer To EU Citizens Leaves Many Cold”

My wife has a Russian lady friend with an English husband. They lived many years in the UK and then immigrated to Australia where they lived for some 8 years. They have two kids, one born in Russia and one born in Australia. A couple of years ago, they decided to go back to the UK. The British father was amazed to find that London schools would not accept his younger child – the older one had to pay huge fees to go to university. He kicked up a big fuss and eventually they let the younger child attend school.

The mother caught bacterial pneumonia and needed antibiotics badly. Her GP practice told her that it takes one week to get to see a very bad (i.e. 3rd world) GP and three weeks to see their good GP (i.e. 1st world). You cannot change GP practice in the UK without a lot of difficulty as few practices will accept you willingly. You cannot get medication without a prescription. She went to her company’s private hospital and they told her that her case was too serious and that she should go to the emergency department. She went to University College Hospital’s A&E – a renowned establishment – and they told her to go see her GP as her case was not serious enough! Eventually, they put her on a drip and when she was a little better they discharged her – still no antibiotics. She had been seen by a rude African doctor lady and later by a 3rd year medical student. She went back to the private hospital and they accepted her this time as she was a little better and they put her on a drip with antibiotics. She is in her 40’s and she could have died.

They also noticed that the shop-assistants in London were now generally rude and bad-tempered – London used to be celebrated for the shopping. Unsurprisingly, they decided to return to Australia.

The UK is falling apart. The resources are not there. Instead of training their own people to be doctors and nurses, they import them wholesale from the 3rd world. It is not as though there is no talent in the UK. It started with bus drivers and conductors. Now, it is doctors, accountants and IT professionals. Why on earth can local people not do these jobs? It was a huge mistake to increase its population from 52 million to 67 million in 40 years – by importing different peoples. Sending other Europeans back home is rather silly.

The article above mentions a German nurse going home. Well, when I was in the UK I read about a large number of Finnish nurses who went home from London because the local black nurses didn’t like them because they were white. The reality is that people are different in different places and we are heading back to a more nationalistic/racist environment – regardless of what the EU, Blair, Clintons and Soros may want.

V. Arnold
    Participant

Nassim
    I think that’s becoming a general reality (decline) in a good deal of western societies. The governments directly reflect the attitudes of the wealthy and to a lesser degree the electorate.
    As usual the U.S. is the leader of the pack; Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore, New York, and San Francisco.
    The U.S. is a fraction of an inch from a full blown police state.
    I talked to my sister yesterday (she lives in Oregon) and asked her, her impression of life in the U.S.
    She basically said the infrastructure (my words) is failing fast; particularly for the elderly. My sister is 68 with a good job; but looking to retire at 70 and her major concern is housing affordability.
    Things are relatively good here in S.E. Asia; Myanmar being the exception.
    Still very affordable with very low inflation.

Nassim
    Participant

“Such projections, however, often fail to account for the fact that coral calcification is a biologically mediated process, and that out in the real world, living organisms tend to find a way to meet and overcome the many challenges they face, and coral calcification in response to ocean acidification is no exception, as evidenced by findings published in the recent analysis of McCulloch et al. (2017)”

The End of the Ocean Acidification Scare for Corals

It’s a bit like the nonsense that humans cannot handle a change of 2C in the average temperature. A few days ago, in Melbourne, the temperature dropped by 12C in 10 minutes. In 12 hours, it dropped by 20C.

Temperature plunges as storm lashes state

Dr. D
    Participant

That kind of change, or very anomolous daily temps within a month are pretty common in the Continental U.S. 150 years later we still make records all the time because the temp just hadn’t been strange on that particular Tuesday yet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.