Debt Rattle December 20 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 20 2018

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Giovanni Bellini Madonna and Child with St. John the Baptist and Female Saint 1500-04   • It’s 100 days to Brexit (Ind.) • Powell Breaks The Mark
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 20 2018]

Dr. D
    Participant

That Saint looks like she doesn’t fully believe Mary’s story.

I don’t know what their controversy is. Arguably Theresa May IS stupid. And she is objectively a woman. So she is a stupid woman. Or is this one of those things where they argue there are no genders or we’re not supposed to assume he/she/it has one one? Is that it?

Powell confirming the recession and putting the Fed into the blameworthy seat, to be investigated later, just as expected.

The S&P has the major breakdown, because it has more components that the Dow 50 which is far easier to control. The Russell 2000 – the real economy — broke down decades ago, but it’s too expensive to rig 2,000 stocks. So this basically confirms that the rigging is going on and the prices are not real. “The Fed’s been a huge friend of the stock market.” No kidding. Look up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_Group_on_Financial_Markets

I don’t know why they want to stop a government shutdown — no one could tell they were gone last time. Oh wait: is THAT why?

What did the news have to say about ending our 4th or 5th illegal war of aggression and the unending killing of civilians? (CNN)
    • Sr. admin official: ‘A mistake of colossal proportions’
    • Graham: Trump’s Syria withdrawal a ‘stain on the honor of the United States’
    • Sen. Graham: ‘Fake news’ to say ISIS defeated
    • Analysis: Trump is leaving the fight against ISIS (and influence in the Middle East) to Russia and Iran
    • Fareed Zakaria: Syria decision feels like Bush moment
    • Opinion: Trump’s bizarre decision on Syria

Yup, thought so. As Ron Paul said the other day, the recent Senate vote on Yemen was the first time since 1973 the U.S. has voted against war…while still making quite sure that singular vote would have no effect and end nothing. Sad part is, the left, which once protested war (tepidly), tweeted everywhere AGAINST ending the Syrian war; the Right, which is supposedly rabidly pro-war, tweeted for peace (as they have for 10+ years). I think people may want to check their field positions, as they may be offsides.

The French police are surrendering. No surprise, the Yankees say. —Just kidding, but it is funny how that goes.

A DRONE was in London? Obviously shut that city down. And outlaw sporks.

zerosum
    Participant

Yesterday, I said, “Those troops will have a long road to travel before they will get home.”

This president can have all the foreign policy ideas he wants, but the Pentagon, State, the intelligence apparatus, and the rest of what some call “the deep state” will either reverse, delay, or never implement any policy not to its liking.

• US Occupation of Middle East Doesn’t Suppress Terrorism, It Causes It (Murray)
    In Afghanistan, the USA has managed to drag out the long process of humiliating defeat in war even further than it did in Vietnam.

hehehehe
    Nothing new. Go look at your own municipal budget increase proposals.
    The police are going on strike to get their overtime paid

Police have accumulated some 23 million hours of overtime that is yet to be paid.
    The Alliance is using Twitter and Facebook to rally support for what it calls “Act 1” of the police protests, using the name given to the ongoing demonstrations held by the gilets jaunes. The group has also threatened to hold “Act II” and “Act III” if required.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

‘”Sometimes I think that if all my friends are leaving, why would I stay behind?”
    Some friends are still here.

Bellini’s John the Baptist looks more like a wilderness dweller than Caravaggio’s from two days ago. Yet, “The most ancient pictures represent him as meagre and wasted, with unshorn beard and hair. This would seem the true way; but often in later times he is made beautiful, and even dressed in rich mantles which cover the garment of camel’s hair.”

https://archive.org/details/handbookofchrist00waterich/page/158

V. Arnold
    Participant

Doc Robinson

Bellini’s John the Baptist looks more like a wilderness dweller than Caravaggio’s from two days ago. Yet, “The most ancient pictures represent him as meagre and wasted, with unshorn beard and hair. This would seem the true way; but often in later times he is made beautiful, and even dressed in rich mantles which cover the garment of camel’s hair.”

Yes, I agree and said as much as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.