Debt Rattle December 5 2019

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle December 5 2019

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Arthur Rothstein Interior of migratory fruit worker’s tent, Yakima, Washington Jul 1936   • The Market Will Need The Fed Again In 2020 (Axios) •
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle December 5 2019]

V. Arnold
    Participant

Arthur Rothstein Interior of migratory fruit worker’s tent, Yakima, Washington Jul 1936

A comely lass, to be sure; but, I get the feeling this photo is staged.
    I looked at the shelves and everything is so neat, ordered, and clean.
    Too neat and clean for what I’ve seen in other photo’s of migrant camps from other photographers. This is a tent; not a shack or cabin.
    Yakima, Wn. was a major destination for migrant workers for many crops.
    Sure, I may be totally wrong; but that is my first take…
    I’m a fan of authenticity; and pictures do lie…
    The myth that pictures don’t lie is just that; a myth.

Dr. D
    Participant

Gosh she’s beautiful. I wonder what happened to her. I’d like to hear the short story of all Shorpy/Lange’s people—if you drilled in, the Oregon or Bust people yesterday had a tale. They’re so down on tents, or being poor. It isn’t the tent that’s the problem. Alexander the Great and Sitting Bull lived in a tent. Odysseus was a pig-herder. It’s about having class. Civility, neatness, order, is the root of Civilizations, not Cities. Cities only breed Citiots. Like the people on Venice Beach, CA, I’d rather live in a tent a free man than a $250,000 slave in your 2,000 square foot house. So they do, and no one can figure out why. Why we have homeless problem? Because your #Helping has made life a hell on earth for every working man and every law-abiding person in the nation. Heck, if you just give up your job, you even get free health care! You’d practically be crazy to NOT live in a tent. So they do. The so like the Maya, the natives are going back to the forest, take notice.

The Repo Market Is Broken and Fed Injections Are Not a Lasting Solution (MW)”

Following from yesterday, yes the US$ is undisputed king and that cannot change. A total reset will likely kill millions and no one (China) wants to be responsible, although now we have alternatives – gold (10:1 claim ratio) and cryptos. But as Hugh Smith says, collapses are not under anyone’s control. As debt ever-increases, the demand for US$ may go UP, not down. This forces nasty austerity, especially on all non-U.S. persons, and they may not be ABLE to tolerate the dollar shortage and rising dollar, as it will kill everyone. At the end, the structures to go around it that have been carefully built will create a multi-polar world, and the US$ at the end can change. …Which is easy, actually, since it’s not a “U.S.” Dollar at all. It’s a “Federal Reserve Note” a private, unaccountable, banking cartel. So the U.S. Treasury can do whatever they want, and issue our coins even right now, and Kennedy issued a U.S. Treasury note against the Fed just before he was killed. The law is there. They’ve written about how to do this since 1971 or before because fiats only last 40 years. But that won’t make it easy, no one has the answer, it’s never been tried, and will be messy indeed.

Illinois’ Unfunded Pension Liability Rises to $137.3 Billion (R.)”

All promises, by everyone, everywhere, are not going to be kept. It’s physically and mathematically impossible. They will almost all default. Only things like food are real as we will soon find out. And the trillions of dollars of inflation all resting in paper promises and derivatives will flood there, which is why they rig commodity (and crypto, and all) prices. If even a fraction of the promises were redeemed, they’d find out how empty every vault is.

“Legal Experts Called by Democrats Say Trump’s Actions Are Impeachable (R.)”

Couldn’t be more awesome. Not only do they demonstrate the partisan witch-hunt better than any GOP accusation, but since they project all of their own crimes on Trump, they just made a perfect case to indict Biden, Schiff, Comey, even Obama. Let them talk!!! Keep digging!!!

Now am I exaggerating? Their argument is, wire-tapping and investigating your rivals is removable offense While Adam Schiff wiretaps and investigates rival Congressmen, the President’s private lawyer, any passing journalist, then exposes all their phone records on national TV in violation of the 4th Amendment. You can’t jump the shark on water skis any higher than that Senator McCarthy. So Adam, those are criminal, impeachable, removable offenses? Since you’ve committed them on national TV, we’ll be sending the police over shortly. Surely you won’t protest then, right? These are YOUR rules and standards.

Michael Schellenberger, founder of Environmental Progress, points out that Climate Change extinction is a pack of lies, and almost completely anti-scientific: https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/2019/11/25/why-everything-they-say-about-climate-change-is-wrong/#54a31a2912d6
    http://environmentalprogress.org/founder-president

““I’m reminded of what [late Stanford University climate scientist] Steve Schneider used to say,” Wigley replied. “He used to say that as a scientist, we shouldn’t really be concerned about the way we slant things in communicating with people out on the street who might need a little push in a certain direction to realize that this is a serious problem. Steve didn’t have any qualms about speaking in that biased way.”

Don’t worry, no one will care. The plan, the result, the requirement of this pack of lies is to have dictatorial, authoritarian control, violent, forced austerity on the poor, even though it will, must, and they daily advertise the wonderful merit of killing 2-5 billion people, recreate neofeudalism, and give and total control and profit for the 0.001%. There’s always lots of support for that by the media and Schmarty-peoples. Read the history of Eugenics or the Holodomor, both created and supported mostly by the intelligentsia, and fought by the stupid common people. Everybody was for Eugenics, until suddenly, one day, no one had ever been for Eugenics, and certainly not Harvard and Berkeley, Time and Life magazines. And hey, just like Fascism, Mr.-Stalin-man-of-the-year. Weird huh?

About relentlessly lying to the people, the Greenpeace guy said the same thing. That they hijacked his organization and directed it to their personal, profitable, political ends decades ago.

How can people be so fooled by transparent anti-science? https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/03/detroit-valedictorian-math-msu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=11159

Well, the Valedictorian of Detroit can’t pass college algebra. Baltimore is graduating only 5% of students with competency, and most cities are the same. This total lack of schooling, knowledge, and competency has been going on every day of my life and is rapidly accelerating. Meanwhile China is 4 grade-levels ahead of the U.S. http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/how-dumb-have-we-become-chinese-students-are-4-grade-levels-ahead-of-u-s-students-in-math

My thought: Only 4 grades? Since our graduates can’t read and write, that would be 11 grades above a Chinese 1st grader. Here’s what school looked like before the government got involved in #Helping: https://newrepublic.com/article/79470/1895-8th-grade-final-exam-i-couldnt-pass-it-could-you I assert that no master’s graduate in the U.S. could pass what an 8th grader could pass without comment 100 years ago. But like Baltimore, it’s not time to give up! We have so much more #Helping to do! We’re already spending $50,000 per student and failing 95% of them. Surely we can spend $150,000 and pass no one at all! We’re so close, we shouldn’t give up now!

Other top hits:
    #1 One recent survey found that 74 percent of Americans don’t even know how many amendments are in the Bill of Rights.
    #2 An earlier survey discovered that 37 percent of Americans cannot name a single right protected by the First Amendment.
    #3 Shockingly, only 26 percent of Americans can name all three branches of government.
    Less than half of all Americans know which country used atomic bombs at the end of World War II, and 25% don’t know who we fought in the revolutionary war.

History is not kind to cowards, weaklings, and idiots. But more especially when they’re PROUD of it.
    Reminds me of Tytler all over again. “A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury.”

Not that one, this one: “…The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

But the only thing we learn from history is that nobody learns anything from history. Especially Americans. Because they don’t know history.

Dr D Rich
    Participant

Is Dr D an algorithm? I mean his/her writing follows a pattern albeit an appealing one. There! I wrote it ‘albeit’. Any day to write or say ‘albeit’ is a great day indeed. 3 times!

zerosum
    Participant

Insights
    Arthur Rothstein Interior of migratory fruit worker’s tent, Yakima, Washington Jul 1936
    Early type/style of photo shop – zerosum
    pictures don’t lie is just that; a myth. – V. Arnold 🙂

Heck, if you just give up your job, you even get free health care! You’d practically be crazy to NOT live in a tent. – Dr D
    ——
    Only a banker, an accountant, and a lawyer, can appreciate the impeachment hearing.
    (In other words, a forked tongue snake)

“The problem is not that abuse of power can never be an impeachable offense, you just have to prove it, and you haven’t.” – Jonathan Turley:

There is no proof of wrong doing – Biden

Get over it – ???

The end justifies the means, no matter how devoid of due process and fairness those means are. – Debbie Lesko Opinion contributor
    (revelations don’t matter unless you are part of the royal family who wants to pretend )
    With that bigger question in mind, here are the 10 revelations I believe will be most important in the Horowitz report.

The 10 most important revelations to expect from the Russia probe FISA report

The Horowitz report Monday and the IG’s testimony next Wednesday before the Senate start a new phase of accountability for the FBI and those government officials in the intelligence community who worked on the Russia case.
    ———–
    recreate neofeudalism – Dr. D

It worked after the end of the Roman Empire. It should work even better after the end of the USA Empire. Although, the elite survivors might refer to it as “the big dark ages”

——
    My thought: Only 4 grades? Since our graduates can’t read and write, that would be 11 grades above a Chinese 1st grader. – Dr. D

I could not pass the gr. 8 exam of 1895
    The 1895 class could not pass my gr. 8 exams (they would be watching too much TV)
    My grand kids could not pass my gr. 8 exams ( They are kept stupid with mind numbing ipad games)
    In 50 yrs., keeping your counsel and performing your assigned tasks will be all that a person will need to be able to survive. The elites will do as they always do, FIGHT OTHER ELITES with our blood.

Arttua
    Participant

“From bondage to spiritual faith”  I can not forget Vico’s Notion, Theocracy, Aristocracy, Democracy, Chaos.  Although I think it should read anarchy not chaos, as anarchy, as in no hierarchy has been 90% human history.

Dr. D
    Participant

Pure Democracy is certainly what the founders feared above all. The French Revolution more than affirmed their worst fears. It seems pedantic to clarify we are not a Democracy and never were, but it may be worth the crossed looks to point out that we protect individual rights and property above all things, against both the government AND the mob. Maybe we need a good dose of Democracy ourselves to see why they feared it, and as seems to be happening now with states trampling other states’ wishes and local behavior.

Very bad turn to remove the Senate from state hands, as almost all of our Amendments were likewise poor.

zerosum
    Participant

Why would Hunter do a stupid thing like stopping child support when he is rolling in money.
    Even the best hire enablers will not be able to protect him from this folly.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7756347/amp/Hunter-Biden-hand-FIVE-YEARS-financial-records-baby-mama-disclose-tips.html

EXCLUSIVE: Hunter Biden will now have to hand over FIVE YEARS of financial records – including his time at Ukrainian oil company – and his baby mama has to disclose her stripper tips at DC club where the two met
    By Martin Gould In Batesville, Arkansas, For Dailymail.com
    17:54 04 Dec 2019, updated 19:05 04 Dec 2019

The court in Batesville, Arkansas, is expected to decide all matters in the case at the next hearing, expected for January 7, McSpadden told Roberts’s lawyer Clint Lancaster and former Arkansas attorney general Dustin McDaniel, who had been representing Biden.
    The judge made it clear he wants the case over quickly. ‘I do not want to have this [drag] out nor do I want to have to drag out the monies these individuals may have received in any form or fashion.
    ‘I anticipate paternity as well as custody, support and visitation being established at our next hearing,’ he wrote.
    He added: ‘I will do what I believe is in the best interest of the child.’ The sex of the child has not been released.

Doc Robinson
    Participant

Dr. D: “I’d like to hear the short story of all Shorpy/Lange’s people—if you drilled in, the Oregon or Bust people yesterday had a tale.”

Here’s the story from one of the 5 travelers shown in yesterday’s photo, “Oregon or Bust”. Keywords: Model T spare parts. The video also shows him as an old man with his car from the 1970s. No extra pounds on that guy.

Vernon Evans was a young man working as a hired hand around Lemmon, South Dakota, when the Depression hit. He was let go and couldn’t find other work. So, Vern, his wife Flora, her sister, her brother and another friend left for Oregon where other friends were already living. Vern was lucky to find a job with the railroad the first day they were in Oregon. Vern and Flora lived in Oregon for nine years until his dad died. The returned to the farm in South Dakota and stayed. But the other people on the trip stayed in Oregon and only returned for visits.

“Well, we was all without jobs here. And the jobs was so few and far between at the time we left that you couldn’t even buy a job. We decided we had friends that we knew out in Oregon, and we decided we was going to go out there and see if we could find some work. We had $54 between the five of us when we started out from here to go to Oregon. And when we got to Oregon, I think we had about $16 left. We had absolutely no idea what we was going to do.

“We all got in an old Model-T and started for Oregon. We started out, and, I don’t know, we got out six miles and broke the crankshaft. This old rancher, he had some old Model-T motors laying around. He said we was welcome to a crankshaft if we wanted one. So, we went back and proceeded to tear the motor out of the old Model-T and put the crankshaft in. And that night we made Baker [laughs] which is a matter of 24 miles from the night before.

“Well, then we had pretty good luck all the rest of the way. But we got around Missoula, [Montana] and we was having a good time. See somebody along the road or something. And here was this car sitting alongside the road, and a guy sleeping in it. So, we honked and hollared at him, having a good time. Pretty soon, this car was after us. We’d heard they was sending them back [police sending migrants back at state borders], wasn’t letting ’em go on through. So, we thought, ‘Well, here’s where we go back home.’ He motioned for us to pull over to the side of the road. Anyhow, he come up and introduced himself [as Arthur Rothstein] and said he was with the Resettlement Administration [the precursor of the FSA] and asked us questions about the conditions here and one thing or another. Where we was headed for. This ‘Oregon or Bust’ on the back end was what took his eye. Then, he asked us if we cared if he took some pictures of us. Oh, we said, ‘I guess not.’ I think he took eight different poses. And then after we was out there [in Oregon] I guess probably it was that fall or winter, why these pictures started showing up in the different magazines and papers. Anyhow, we got out there and I went to work on the railroad.

“In the winter of ’45, my father passed away. And then I quit working on the railroad to get ready to come come back here. And been here ever since. [Laughs.] Oh, we’ve had our ups and downs. I think I’ve been hailed out probably five, six times, and dried out three, four years. And one year we rusted out [from a plant disease called ‘rust’].”

Vernon Evans — Oregon or Bust
    https://livinghistoryfarm.org/farminginthe30s/movies/evans_money_06.html

The Library of Congress title for this photograph:
    “Vernon Evans and family of Lemmon, South Dakota, near Missoula, Montana. Leaving the grasshopper-ridden and drought-stricken area for a new start in Oregon or Washington. Expects to arrive at Yakima in time for hop picking. Makes about two hundred miles a day in Model T Ford. Live in tent”

VietnamVet
    Participant

My Dad grew up in Yakima, WA. He was a teenager there when the picture was taken. I visited my Grandparents many times. Once as a kid I took the train there all by myself. It was a prosperous time after WWII. Apples were sold across the world. Yet, Mexican migrants who harvested the crops were completely hidden. There were no tent cities. It wasn’t until the mid-1980s when I saw the first vagrants living next to the tracks in the Seattle. The USA is not nearly as prosperous as it once was and deplorable Americans can no longer can afford healthcare, shelter or education and are dying early. The poverty is completely invisible to technocrat Democrats. The wealth was transferred to the rich by lawless exploitation and war. Politicians who enabled the graft got their cut.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.