Debt Rattle February 22 2018

Home Forums The Automatic Earth Forum Debt Rattle February 22 2018

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Arthur Rothstein Wasatch Mountains. Summit County, Utah 1940   • Bond Yields Moving From ‘Sweet Spot’ To Riskier Area (CNBC) • Who Will Buy All T
    [See the full post at: Debt Rattle February 22 2018]

seychelles
    Participant

“These buyers don’t exist.”

They will if the rates get high enough, and 3% on 10 year TNotes is nothing.

“Something’s in the air”

And it smells VERY deflationary.

A depression with high interest rates sounds like an efficient, though socially unpleasant, means of cleansing our economic system of decades of false reality.

bluebird
    Participant

I would purchase more T-Bills at 3% interest! I remember in the late 80s, I had a Certificate of Deposit from a bank that was 8%. In the early 70s, the interest rate on my mortgage was 7.5%. Mortgages today are still cheap

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

>>A depression with high interest rates sounds like an efficient, though socially unpleasant, means of cleansing our economic system of decades of false reality.<<

Sey, you missed communicating the forest for the tree. You mentioned the tree, which is accurate.

Here’s the forest. A private cartel of people control the Money Power across the globe. The lend money into existence using a balance sheet model where money based debt = money based assets.

When they lend money, they collect the interest on the money, the world’s money supply, as a type of money rent payable to the private cartel. The interest money debt is given to the borrowers, the interest money asset is given to the lender. Since it is a zero-sum balance sheet, the interest money automatically means the non-Money Power has INEXTINGUISHABLE DEBT.

What we see is a prey society saturated with inextinguishable debt about to be uber preyed upon by the Money Power Monopolist oligarchy via the bubble bust of which you speak.

The net effect will be collateralized assets will be asset stripped and conveyed into the Mega-Corporate fronts of the Money Power. ALL THROUGH THE FRAUD OF A DEBT-MONEY SYSTEM THAT NOBODY APPEARS WILLING TO EXPLAIN OUTSIDE THE COMMENTS SECTION.

Now, if anyone thinks this through and still thinks this fraudulent process is a “means of cleansing our economic system of decades of false reality,” then I would feel sorry for a human sans their humanity.

So many bloggers love to talk about Debt-Money Monopolist fraud effects with righteous indignation, but nobody outside the comments sections wants to discuss the ROOT CAUSE by name, let alone elucidate its mechanics. And even then, it is still a precious few.

V. Arnold
    Participant

TheTrivium4TW

Excellent; and well said.
    People need to go back and look at post 1929 crash; breadlines, hopelessness, and zero future.
    The twisted clever among us think they can manipulate the broken system forever; they can’t.
    This is a Wiley Coyote moment, after running off the cliff, and grasping air…

seychelles
    Participant

T4TW part of the “cleansing” will hopefully be the elimination of central banking, which is quite a “forest”. This will include a debt jubilee and elimination of usury (interest), at least for awhile. The “root cause” won’t want it to happen, but it will find that the deceitful rope it has been pulling on for so long is tied around its own neck.

TheTrivium4TW
    Participant

>> The “root cause” won’t want it to happen, but it will find that the deceitful rope it has been pulling on for so long is tied around its own neck.<<

How so? I don’t see that to be obvious, however, I might have a blind spot. To me, it seems like they are mopping us helots up rather nicely, with most of us hanging off their every deceitful word…

seychelles
    Participant

T4TW
    In recorded history, imperial over-reach has always turned out badly for those in power. Maybe this time is different but I don’t think so. When you look at different histories of collapsed empires, they often focus on different “root causes” because the collapses are multifactorial and which factor was the most important is typically a matter of subjective opinion. Sorry I cannot help you with more specificity.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.